Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you support the War on Terror?
Do you support the War on Terror?
2005-04-24, 4:36 PM #1
Just a poll to see how Liberal Massassi is. :o :p
Black Water Games | Project Leader and President
Historical Conquerors | The Lays of Middle Earth
www.blackwatergames.com/forums
2005-04-24, 4:38 PM #2
There needs to be another option for "It's retarded to support the war on terror because there isn't a "bad guy."'

It's fighting an idea. No amount of fighting will ever eliminate terrorism.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-24, 4:39 PM #3
I support removing terror threats. I don't support what bush is doing though :p
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-24, 4:40 PM #4
Defense and intelligence, preparation and good foreign policy > any war.
2005-04-24, 4:40 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
There needs to be another option for "It's retarded to support the war on terror because there isn't a "bad guy."'

QFT.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-24, 4:44 PM #6
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

:o
2005-04-24, 4:47 PM #7
Good advice, but right now Bush is speaking loudly and carrying a big stick. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-24, 4:50 PM #8
This thread totally isn't going to turn into a flame war...:rolleyes:
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-04-24, 4:51 PM #9
I'd support it if it were working.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-24, 5:02 PM #10
Bush is the man. He sticks up for what he believes in! He isn't like John Kerry: "Oh, I voted for the 87 billion... BEFORE I voted against it." Main reason why Bush WON the elections. The country didn't want a liberal that would change his mind on an issue every 5 seconds.

And what's wrong with Speaking Loudly and carrying a big stick at the same time? :p :D
2005-04-24, 5:09 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackWaterGames
angry talk

Did you start this thread just to argue with people? :p
2005-04-24, 5:14 PM #12
Quote:
The country didn't want a liberal that would change his mind on an issue every 5 seconds.

Personally, I like the idea of a man who can adapt his views in light of new information and not basing his decisions on a 2,000 year old text.
2005-04-24, 5:18 PM #13
What he said ^^
>>untie shoes
2005-04-24, 5:18 PM #14
I support the war on terror.

Guess what, the war in Iraq and the ar on terror were two totally different things.

And whatever happened to the war on drugs? I mean... seriously.
2005-04-24, 5:21 PM #15
Actually, Rob, I believe the war in Iraq is considered to be the war on terror now.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-24, 5:32 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

And whatever happened to the war on drugs? I mean... seriously.

It increased prison populations by 400% and 87% of those imprisoned for drug violations were for marijuana (and were not dealers, but just merely possession). So basically it was one big sweeping the dust under the rug initiative.
2005-04-24, 5:33 PM #17
Aaand thanks to the war on drugs we have a hundred million potholes in the roads, and our school systems are dead. :O
2005-04-24, 5:33 PM #18
The war on drugs shoudl have been called "the war on victimless crime." I can see the tagline now "Don't get high because the tv says you'll be stupid enough to shoot your friend or run over a little girl."
>>untie shoes
2005-04-24, 5:35 PM #19
The War in Iraq has been a part of the War on Terror ever since it began. Surprised you guys didn't know that.

Could be considered just a "subtitle". :p :)
2005-04-24, 5:35 PM #20
If you'd spent time around people who smoke up every day, you'd know they really are as dopey as they are portrayed.
2005-04-24, 5:37 PM #21
i didn't vote.
i support a war on terror. i just don't support the way it's being done. and no, i don't know how it should be done. i just think it's being done completely wrong based on my liberal media reading. :p
2005-04-24, 5:38 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
If you'd spent time around people who smoke up every day, you'd know they really are as dopey as they are portrayed.

I spend time around people who smoke everyday. They're not dopey, the people you hang around with are just idiots.
2005-04-24, 5:43 PM #23
I support it, but BlackWater its not nice to push our views like this bro :p
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-24, 5:52 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
I spend time around people who smoke everyday. They're not dopey, the people you hang around with are just idiots.

I second this.

Also, I don't support it, because my friend said it best.

"You can't stop ideas with bombs."

Though I know that's already been posted above.
D E A T H
2005-04-24, 6:03 PM #25
I happen to think that Bush is a raving lunatic and that his ideas about starting a war to get rid of something you can't get rid of is a BAD IDEA, but hey, that's just my opinion. ;)
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-24, 6:04 PM #26
Quote:
The war on drugs shoudl have been called "the war on victimless crime." I can see the tagline now "Don't get high because the tv says you'll be stupid enough to shoot your friend or run over a little girl."

You forgot the groping one too. That series of commercials was terrible.

As for the "War on Terror", I think war is a bit a misnomar as prevention of terror acts is best done with good intelligence and information. That doesn't mean force isn't necessasry, but it shouldn't be the first type of action taken.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-24, 6:08 PM #27
Hehehe. Look what I started. :p :o :em321:
2005-04-24, 6:10 PM #28
I'm undecided until I do some good research and see the many sides to these issues. I feel uneasy if I make a strong opinion without a really strong knowledge of the matters. It better than going around saying "Bush is a raving lunatic" because the popular social world says that...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-24, 6:14 PM #29
Quote:
Hehehe. Look what I started. :p :o :em321:

Well I hope you left enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!
2005-04-24, 6:15 PM #30
I should video tape my mom driving for you guys, she's been smoking every day... since, well she can't remember how long, because she can't remember that many things to be honest.

She almost hits something atleast every 10 seconds.

Any good pot smoker will admit that pot inhibits their ability to operate a moter vehicle, the same way anyone who likes a little drinky drinky knows driving drunk isn't a good idea.

I'm not arguing against wether or not it should be legal, I'm arguing that the cliche' side effects of excessive use of pot ARE REAL, it is however a fairly slow process.
2005-04-24, 6:22 PM #31
I'd repeat my post about the people that do drugs around you are merely idiots, but I feel it'd fly past you again. Maybe your mom is a terrible driver to begin with. I've road in a car where the driver was smoking pot and they did not make any seemingly noticeable errors in their driving. Also, there is a big difference between how much pot might inhibit you and how much alcohol might inhibit you.
2005-04-24, 6:26 PM #32
I remember an episode of Top Gear where they got a guy to drive a course while sober... then again while after smoking pot. They found he was more careful while stoned... although it can obviously be because he was really trying a lot harder.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-24, 6:33 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
I'd repeat my post about the people that do drugs around you are merely idiots, but I feel it'd fly past you again. Maybe your mom is a terrible driver to begin with. I've road in a car where the driver was smoking pot and they did not make any seemingly noticeable errors in their driving. Also, there is a big difference between how much pot might inhibit you and how much alcohol might inhibit you.

And I might make another post, and be inclined to tell you may be wrong, but you'd just make another post akin to "OMG YOU'RE WRONG CAUSE I SAY SO!" post. Or that you'll assume I'm saying something akin to "OMG DRUGS ARE BAD" because you're the type of person to add to what a person said. :P

Apples to oranges. You've obviously never been that stonned before.

Let me also clarify, that I said pot head, IE someone who abuses the drug. Maybe you couldn't guess that the word was meant to carry a negative connonatation.
2005-04-24, 7:00 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I should video tape my mom driving for you guys, she's been smoking every day... since, well she can't remember how long, because she can't remember that many things to be honest.

She almost hits something atleast every 10 seconds.

Any good pot smoker will admit that pot inhibits their ability to operate a moter vehicle, the same way anyone who likes a little drinky drinky knows driving drunk isn't a good idea.

I'm not arguing against wether or not it should be legal, I'm arguing that the cliche' side effects of excessive use of pot ARE REAL, it is however a fairly slow process.

WTF does driving have to do with people being idiots because they smoke pot? This is the most horrible analogy I've ever seen--one's a physical effect. The other one isn't an effect at all, it's an attitude that you may or may not adopt depending on the type of people you're around when you do the drug.

Not to mention, that's WAY off-topic.
D E A T H
2005-04-24, 7:29 PM #35
Quote:

QFT. Just gotta deal with it as it comes, I guess.

Please, please don't bring this topic up again. I thought we'd seen the last of this with the presidential election.
2005-04-24, 7:33 PM #36
For the record to those of you who think I'm some kind of ultra-liberal communist scum, I voted undecided.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-24, 7:41 PM #37
If you are specifically referring to the current American deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, then yes. I supported the toppling of the Taliban and Iraq. Of course, the American government didn't exactly plan ahead, and I don't like their preparation or implementation of the task at hand.

Of course, any war on the idea of terrorism is impossible because you can't remove fear.

I do like the idea of clandestine anti-terror operations. Big armies invite the problems of terrorists.
2005-04-24, 9:12 PM #38
i support it. i payed my taxes this year.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-24, 9:43 PM #39
Kill the commies, insurgents, and fascists! Muahaha!
I voted for #1.
2005-04-24, 11:25 PM #40
There are parts of it that I think are worthwhile, and parts that definitely aren't.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!