Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cops punch 14 year old girl
Cops punch 14 year old girl
2005-04-25, 1:34 AM #1
http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=3240371

Wow. I understand basic defense, but the damages in those photos is way excessive.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-25, 1:42 AM #2
No info on what really happened.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-25, 4:55 AM #3
Didn't half the city of LA burn a few years ago for a reason similar to this?
2005-04-25, 6:02 AM #4
No.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-25, 6:48 AM #5
Damn. Either those cops went over the line, or those kids were insane.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-25, 6:51 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
No info on what really happened.

Yeah. There really isn't information on what happened to make an accurate judgement. Even then, you would have to be there to really know whether the violence was justified or not.
2005-04-25, 7:37 AM #7
it looks like racism induced since she's a black kid, and officers are known for being racist in LA i assumed.

Either that or the kid was one of them agressive hiphop wierdos.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-25, 7:45 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthven
it looks like racism induced since she's a black kid, and officers are known for being racist in LA i assumed.

Talk about jumping to conclusions.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-25, 7:56 AM #9
:rolleyes:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-25, 8:03 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Yes I'm good at that
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-25, 9:00 AM #11
Also, Albany. It's about as far away as you can get from Los Angeles and still be within the confines of the continental United States. :p

Heh, and meanwhile people in Finland gripe about how the regular Police are now allowed to use Tazers, as well as arm themselves with military-grade assault rifles instead of just their handguns should the situation dictate it (i.e. a worst-case scenario where it would take too long for the tactical Karhu team to be flown in from Helsinki). *Gasp* We're now a Police-state! ANARCHYYYY!
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-04-25, 9:54 AM #12
Or maybe its Massassi forums fault!

Think about it, most people said that slapping cuffs on a 5 year old was justified (it was btw) and now this! If you say this was justified the next head line would read:

"SWAT team put 16 bullets into 17 year old"

AH THE CURSE!!!

:p
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2005-04-25, 10:02 AM #13
From what I gathered, the punch wasn't from the cop... She was in a fight, she got punched in the mouth and started spitting blood, the cop thought she was spitting on him and threw her to the ground.

So not quite as brutal and sadistic as it sounds, but the cop did make a mistake, and certainly ought to be suspended or something.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-04-25, 11:57 AM #14
That's what I was thinking. There's no way to tell if it was a cop who punched, she caught one from the kids who were fighting, or even a stray elbow or something as people were struggling around her.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-25, 3:36 PM #15
Its also possible that she did actually spit at the cop. I'm not saying I think thats what happened (to me it seems like there really isnt enough information to form an opinion about what happened) but it still is a possibility. Also, not that this implies that the cops reaction was the best possible choice either in this case.
2005-04-25, 3:41 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
From what I gathered, the punch wasn't from the cop... She was in a fight, she got punched in the mouth and started spitting blood, the cop thought she was spitting on him and threw her to the ground.

So not quite as brutal and sadistic as it sounds, but the cop did make a mistake, and certainly ought to be suspended or something.

The article claims that a cop punched her.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-25, 4:47 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
The article claims that a cop punched her.

Didn't articles used to claim that the earth was flat? :p
woot!
2005-04-25, 4:48 PM #18
No, supposedly the girl claims a cop punched her. When cops responded to fighting at the shcool. This is idiotic. They should have beat all the little *******s down.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-25, 4:49 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
No, supposedly the girl claims a cop punched her. When cops responded to fighting at the shcool. This is idiotic. They should have beat all the little *******s down.

That was well thought-out.
2005-04-25, 5:20 PM #20
She says she was "uppercut". Nobody trained in hand to hand to hand combat would uppercut the face of someone so much shorter than they are.
2005-04-25, 5:21 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
She says she was "uppercut". Nobody trained in hand to hand to hand combat would uppercut the face of someone so much shorter than they are.

Not even if they wanted the special ending where the guy gets spiked?

:(
D E A T H
2005-04-25, 5:22 PM #22
FINISH HER!
2005-04-25, 5:22 PM #23
I hope I'm not the only one thinking this...

PWND!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-25, 5:26 PM #24
If you're using an uppercut you're really close to the opponent. It's not something that would happen accidentally - you'd have to mean to do it, and your target would have to be facing you. And even then, if you're trying to take someone out you're either going to want to hit them in the solar plexus (good place for an uppercut) or just clothesline them (which is every bit as effective, since a cop is going to be bigger and carry a lot more momentum).
2005-04-25, 5:27 PM #25
Quote:
He said it was hectic outside school that day and officers were trying to get control of the people involved in the fights.

It sounds like there are more problems there than a girl getting hit.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-25, 5:30 PM #26
errrr, uppercut in the eye? isn't that usaully in the jaw. :o
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-25, 5:40 PM #27
An uppercut is any punch that is thrown from your center of gravity close to the opponent with an upwards motion. I'm not too fond of the traditional boxing punches since they arc too much, but you can use them against downward motion.

Edit: If she got uppercut in the eye she'd have to be leaning over, almost doubled in half even. I don't think she was hit in the eye, I think the punch almost shattered her face which does imply that the person hitting her is either a boxer or practices a karate.
2005-04-25, 7:41 PM #28
"No matter how old the person is , no matter what gender they are, if officers are being attacked they have every right to defend themselves," Miller said.

That guy is 100% absolutely RIGHT. :P :o
Black Water Games | Project Leader and President
Historical Conquerors | The Lays of Middle Earth
www.blackwatergames.com/forums
2005-04-25, 8:00 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
Edit: If she got uppercut in the eye she'd have to be leaning over, almost doubled in half even. I don't think she was hit in the eye, I think the punch almost shattered her face which does imply that the person hitting her is either a boxer or practices a karate.

A big 14 year old kid could do that to a girl with a good shot, trained or not.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-25, 9:30 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackWaterGames
"No matter how old the person is , no matter what gender they are, if officers are being attacked they have every right to defend themselves," Miller said.

That guy is 100% absolutely RIGHT. :P :o

I have every right to defend myself, too...but it's not a felony if someone assaults me -- it is a felony to assault a LEO.. :p
woot!
2005-04-25, 10:11 PM #31
How come there's never any good news stories about cops being stabbed? That always puts a smile on my face.
:master::master::master:
2005-04-25, 11:45 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthven

You mean one of them aggressive gangster-wannabe weirdos. There is a difference.
一个大西瓜
2005-04-26, 4:37 AM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
A big 14 year old kid could do that to a girl with a good shot, trained or not.

I'll vouch for that.
D E A T H
2005-04-26, 6:22 PM #34
Gah, this is no laughing matter.

But dang, after reading the posts, the rocky theme sprung into my head... and I won't tell you where the ol' imagination went from there.
2005-04-26, 7:22 PM #35
Quote:

You DO know, it's very much quite possible and easy to uppercut someone way shorter than you.
2005-04-27, 1:04 AM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by stat
How come there's never any good news stories about cops being stabbed? That always puts a smile on my face.

WTF? :confused:
Pissed Off?
2005-04-27, 1:35 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by CadetLee
Didn't articles used to claim that the earth was flat? :p

Not that I've ever seen :)

My point was that our source of information said one thing while he said another. I didn't want the discussion taking a left turn where it shouldn't have.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say

↑ Up to the top!