Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → wtf does this mean?
wtf does this mean?
2004-05-05, 8:57 AM #1
On another forum I go to, I tried to access the message boards and this came up: "Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted"

What?

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-05, 8:58 AM #2
You go to other forums?

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-05-05, 9:00 AM #3
Adulterer!

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-05-05, 9:17 AM #4
Cretin! Heretic! Blasphemer! Sod! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-05-05, 9:20 AM #5
In short, it's going to take a while for you to get a straight answer.

------------------
If I had a dollar for every time I had sixty cents, I would be Canada.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-05-05, 9:22 AM #6
*begins playing an altered version of "Scotty Doesn't Know" from the Eurotrip soundtrack*

------------------
2004-05-05, 10:33 AM #7
It means that the person who owns the forums either re-intalled the forums or upgraded to or from and ealier version of PHPbb.

They need to delete certain directories in order for the forums to work, specficly the contribe and the install directories as these directories contain info that can be exploited by hackers as the folders are accessable to everyone, thus it ask you to delte them after the install or it work let you use the forums cause hackers could potentialy gain info on the forums and reak havoc.

nothing is your problem unless they are your forums.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-05-05, 10:57 AM #8
ty Grant

------------------
2004-05-05, 11:11 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
*begins playing an altered version of "Scotty Doesn't Know" from the Eurotrip soundtrack*

</font>

You kinda forgot to switch Scotty to Massassi there after a while..

And that sounds awful like my version of "Let the bodies hit the floor" Where I just switched out Bodies with Gungans..

As in you could have changed a few more words.

I give it... a two. Out of ten.

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-05, 3:18 PM #10
Yeah, when you first copy the forum files to a directory, there are install scripts that are used to set the forum up. Because they are not password protected, you're supposed to delete them after your run them to prevent anyone else from using them to take control of the forums.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud

↑ Up to the top!