Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alien Swarm: Source announced
Alien Swarm: Source announced
2005-04-29, 10:26 PM #1
Alien Swarm: Infested

Quote:
See the squad combat game that Source built!
by Steve Butts
April 29, 2005 - We just got word today that the fine folks at Black Cat Games are hard at work on a brand new game built on Valve's Source engine. The new title is called Alien Swarm: Infested. The new game features "a unique blend of co-op play and squad level tactics all in an overhead view." Players will take on the mantle of a commander in the Interstellar Armed Forces, leading their squads through a variety of missions, battling the swarm infestation throughout the colonized galaxy.

Owners of Half-Life 2 will be able to download the game for free. A separate commercial version, complete with extra missions, characters and equipment, can be purchased as well.
Be sure to check out the impressive screenshots in our media section and head over to the game's official website for more info.

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

so yeah, crossposted from PA but I'm excited like all kinds of exciting things just happened!
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-29, 10:49 PM #2
The aliens in the screenshots look exactly like Hydralisks...
2005-04-29, 10:51 PM #3
it's not an RTS so it shouldn't matter that the hydralisk wasn't a very original alien design in the first place

no really, I'm right
</sarcasm>
2005-04-29, 11:13 PM #4
Awesome! I was really "displeased" with the way SC:Ghost looked.. this one looks much better..I think i will buy this game intead.
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-04-29, 11:15 PM #5
They look NOTHING like hydralisks. Hydralisks are serpentine, cocked back, with two arms/scythes protruding from the upper body. Those guys are bipods, for one, and also have like 6 arms.
D E A T H
2005-04-29, 11:18 PM #6
OMFG. That is a blatant rip-off of Natural Selection.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-04-29, 11:42 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Acharjay

I think it's made by the guys who did NS.

Not sure though. I know they were doing SOMETHING for HL2.
D E A T H
2005-04-29, 11:43 PM #8
Quote:

Uh, except it's nothing like Natural Selection. It's not even in the same genre.

And on a side note UT2k4 forever!
2005-04-30, 1:15 AM #9
There was a mod for UT2k4 (I believe) that looks like this. Might be the same group doing this one.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-30, 1:22 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
There was a mod for UT2k4 (I believe) that looks like this. Might be the same group doing this one.

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2003/ct_phase4/ct_nonfps.php#1
2005-04-30, 8:51 AM #11
Quote:

And Natural Selection is a rip-off of the Alien movies.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-30, 12:18 PM #12
Yeah, I would believe someone if they told me that was a commander view of NS: Source. (if there were such a thing that far in development)
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-30, 5:10 PM #13
Yes, the mod was originally for UT2k4 but they're doing a Source version now (same people)

NO it's not a rip off of NS, the whole game is top-down view and you can only play marines (different classes). It's really much more fun that NS, but I could never find anyone to play with on the UT2k4 version. Hopefully since they're doing a source version it'll get more exposure.
</sarcasm>
2005-04-30, 5:18 PM #14
I would love to play you guys in the UT2k4 version. I have been trying to find people to play it. It is the greatest thing I have seen for ut2k4
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2005-04-30, 6:09 PM #15

I guess I was right. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-05-01, 2:51 AM #16
I have no idea what this thread is about....

Quote:
by Steve Butts

because after I saw this guys last name, I began laughing uncontrollably, and tears filled my eyes beyond the point of being able to read anymore.

↑ Up to the top!