Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tribes 2 Just Released For Free
Tribes 2 Just Released For Free
2004-05-04, 5:22 PM #1
Can get it from filerush.com with BitTorrent, or fileplanet.com and wait in line. I'm sure within the next couple of hours it will be everywhere.

Anyways, I highly recommend you get this came, especially for free.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-05-04, 5:30 PM #2
woot woot woot woot

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-05-04, 5:31 PM #3
ummm wout? DAMN!!!!!

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-05-04, 5:50 PM #4
I heard this announced several months ago, right now im half way done downloading it (the strait fileplanet link is faster than the BT link right now)...
And to think I was just out looking in the bargain bins for a copy...

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-05-04, 10:47 PM #5
Mmmmm.... I love free games. Too bad you have to wait nearly a half a decade and for the game to be of no demand (as a retail product, that is) before that ever happens. I've always wanted to try that game out but those *******s never ever released a demo for it. Guess I can finally play it now [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-05-04, 10:50 PM #6
Don't you have to pay a monthly fee to play Tribes 2?

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-05-05, 12:57 AM #7
Nope. You're thinking of PlanetSide. ?

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-05, 1:46 AM #8
They did release a demo.

Excellent game. Come one, come all. Mmmmm... Fresh meat!

------------------
Lost in a flood, run red with your blood

I've just locked an open door. Strange, yet symbolically compelling!
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-05-05, 3:55 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daeron the Nerfherder:
They did release a demo.

Excellent game. Come one, come all. Mmmmm... Fresh meat!

</font>

They did? ....I guess I probably was thinking of the first tribes game. Oh well, don't matter now because I have the full version now [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
2004-05-05, 4:04 AM #10
Heh...I should have DSL in a week.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine
woot!
2004-05-05, 4:56 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SavageX378:
They did? ....I guess I probably was thinking of the first tribes game. Oh well, don't matter now because I have the full version now [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

-- SavageX

</font>

the first had a demo too, I remember playing it and then discarding it because of my bad connection. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-05, 5:00 AM #12
Ok, now I'm pissed off beyond comprehension. Stupid Gamespy won't verify my stinking email address, despite doing what they asked me to do. I clicked on the link for them to send me a verification email and I confirm it but they keep giving me this BS that my email still isn't verified. Because of that, I can't get a CD Key to play Tribes 2 online. That really pisses me off. I so wish I can find an employee at Gamespy so I can rip his flesh apart and coat his blood on my hands. I WANT BLOOD, DAMMIT! YOU HEAR ME! BBBBBLLLLLLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!

-- SavageX

------------------

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited May 05, 2004).]
2004-05-05, 5:49 AM #13
http://www.filemirrors.com has a few mirrors up. They've been a bit finicky, but I've got both games downloading right now at 250 KBps

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-05-05, 5:51 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SavageX378:
Ok, now I'm pissed off beyond comprehension. Stupid Gamespy won't verify my stinking email address, despite doing what they asked me to do. I clicked on the link for them to send me a verification email and I confirm it but they keep giving me this BS that my email still isn't verified. Because of that, I can't get a CD Key to play Tribes 2 online. That really pisses me off. I so wish I can find an employee at Gamespy so I can rip his flesh apart and coat his blood on my hands. I WANT BLOOD, DAMMIT! YOU HEAR ME! BBBBBLLLLLLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!

-- SavageX

</font>

red red wiiiiiiiiiiine. goes to my head.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-05-05, 6:05 AM #15
Tribes is a terrible game though...

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-05-05, 8:43 AM #16
The above post should read as "Tribes is a terribly fun game though..."

Sorry about the confusion folks.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-05-05, 9:25 AM #17
Zigactly.

I first played Tribes on a LAN at a computer camp. Good times... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Then I heard about this a while ago and now it's here! Away, to the downloads!

[edit] Crap! Why oh why don't I have bittorrent yet?

------------------
If I had a dollar for every time I had sixty cents, I would be Canada.

[This message has been edited by SMOCK! (edited May 05, 2004).]
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-05-05, 9:40 AM #18
Search for tribes_gsi.exe and tribes_2.exe on filemirrors.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-05-05, 10:54 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:
red red wiiiiiiiiiiine. goes to my head.

</font>

UB40

------------------

-Tazz

Tazz
2004-05-05, 10:58 AM #20
I think this was the url for the CD Key (make sure you're logged in)
http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/verify.aspx?b=2080&u=http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/tribes2.aspx
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-05-05, 1:48 PM #21
Ok, enough of this download, time to go buy Computer Gaming World Magazine (who has the game on a bonus disc)

------------------
If I had a dollar for every time I had sixty cents, I would be Canada.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-05-05, 2:47 PM #22
I read on the tribes forums that the cd key wasn't included with the bonus disc, though. Either way, you're going to have to face fileplanet, I think. Lame. *prays to be wrong*
</sarcasm>
2004-05-05, 3:03 PM #23
SHAZBOT!

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-05-05, 3:08 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:
http://www.filemirrors.com has a few mirrors up. They've been a bit finicky, but I've got both games downloading right now at 250 KBps

</font>

Those mirrors are pretty good. i'm getting a constant 380KB/s on mine.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-05, 3:10 PM #25
wait... if it's a free game, why must you be subscribed to fileplanet to get the CD key? How am i going to activate this thing? I'm not going to resort to [SNIP] for a free game!

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-05, 3:18 PM #26
When you install it, file planet asks you for an email adress, it then sends you the CD key

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-05-05, 3:20 PM #27
I wasn't terribly impressed with this... I can see why they willingly gave it away for free.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-05, 3:27 PM #28
Arg... still can't get it to work. I was able to get to the CD Key page where they have you enter the code from an image in order to get the CD Key but still gives me this bull **** that I need to verfiy my email, even though I just did that TWICE. What the HELL do they want from me? Should I go make a new email address just so I can create a new Gamespy ID???

-- SavageX

------------------
2004-05-05, 5:08 PM #29
ok here are some tips for the new tribes players... do not pilot anythin on your first game... i suggest ALOT of practice offline especially if you plan to pilot the small flyer... learning to fly low can pay off but is not all that easy... for flying troop transports you need to get used to ascending and descending quickly... it's best to fly as high as possible with those for themain part of the trip...

for people who want to go heavy... energy pack will save your *** with the increased energy recharge for your jets

medium is a good armor type for inexperienced players especially in tribes 2

i suggest botmatches... in both games (tribes 1 will require you to find a mod to add bots) to get used to using your jetpack in firefights... especially if you don't like getting fragged where other people can see you get fragged

and this should be obvious but i've smacked a few newbies for it... don't snipe from the tops of towers you are only going to make yourself very visible against the sky

oh and there is no i in team... listen to your teammates... and try not to TK

and beat mechwarrior over the head with something heavy

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!

[This message has been edited by DrkJedi82 (edited May 05, 2004).]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-05, 5:27 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
I wasn't terribly impressed with this... I can see why they willingly gave it away for free.

</font>

Please look past the graphics. Stunning visuals do not make a good game, and lack of stunning visuals do not make a bad game.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-05, 5:34 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
Please look past the graphics. Stunning visuals do not make a good game, and lack of stunning visuals do not make a bad game.

</font>

back when it was released Tribes 2 looked quite good and Tribes 1 looked good when it was released

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-05, 9:16 PM #32
In fact, I remember plainly the "stunning graphics" of Tribes2, and how it wouldn't run on my computer at the time [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

But NOW....MUAHAHAHAHA. Anyways--

Oh, for the fileplanet thing, you don't need a subscription, only a login to it. The same kind you need for basic downloads.

What I had to do was verify my email, then log back out and in.
</sarcasm>

↑ Up to the top!