Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Underground Resistance -- Wow
Underground Resistance -- Wow
2005-05-03, 12:47 PM #1
does anyone remember the Underground Resistance mod/group thing from a year or so ago? I remember everyone hated it, and wasn't popular because Kirby led it, but I'm just asking because a post in another thread reminded me of it, and then wondered if anyone remembers it. But I, of course, REMEMBER IT VERY WELL NOW, being the first real member (other than that Majin_Scott guy who, does anyone remember him either?) member of UR. And what happened to it? Kirby, I hope you see this thread! I'd also like to know if this group just died or it's still being silently made. Just asking, you somewhat veteran Massassi Memebers!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-05-03, 12:48 PM #2
GoY apparently still idles in #ur on the holonet.
2005-05-03, 1:05 PM #3
Hmm.

I thought you were talking about Fatal resistence mod.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-03, 1:07 PM #4
Hey, I was a member too, but the fact that he trained us to be a SWAT team, and the lack of free-ish RPs, I left. Yeah.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-03, 6:15 PM #5
It's officially on hold for the time being. JK wasn't working out. You might recall that we hit a rather nice wall where our choice was to either change a feature and have the game lag a butt load, change it so there was a possibility of crashing out often, or simiply remove it. We felt none of those were a viable alternative, so we decided to look for a new game. I think we finally settled on DOD:Source, which Kirbs is waiting on and slowly compiling a team to edit.

Aside from that, I haven't heard much about it recently. And I'm the second in command if that means anything to anyone.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-03, 6:18 PM #6
DoD:S--THE reason to get HL2.
D E A T H
2005-05-03, 6:42 PM #7
Meh. I couldn't get into DoD at all. And I STILL haven't bought HL2... Mainly because I have other things to get that are slightly more important.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-05-03, 6:42 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
DoD:S--THE reason to get HL2.

Still waiting for it...
2005-05-03, 6:47 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Meh. I couldn't get into DoD at all. And I STILL haven't bought HL2... Mainly because I have other things to get that are slightly more important.

Thanks for the info.

Because we care.

No really, we do.

Okay I was kidding, we don't care.
D E A T H
2005-05-03, 6:47 PM #10
Yeah, URMod isn't really active at all at the moment. I was HOPING republic commando was going to be well off for it, but it's MP wasn't desirable, and it's community was sparse.

DOD:Source and CS:Source are more than likelly going to be the new homes for any UR related mod. Although, I think the theme of "UR" would have to be dropped for a more mainstream SW appeal. Imperial VS Rebelion.

I haven't really had time to look into editors for a HL2 mod, simply because I'm giving the community some time to wind down before I try and recruit for a TC-like mod. I don't believe in the word TC, but saying "We're replacing all the weapon models with Starwars models, changing the player models, and making all new levels" isn't a very convincing statement as for it not being a TC.

I don't know, it isn't a high priority on my list of things to do. I've moved on to filling out my portfolio with 3D, 2D, and writings. Not to mention, editing is now a hobby and less of a media or group effort for me. On top of all that, my chatroom time has been little to none as of recently.

You'll see more of me and UR this summer, if I decide the mod is worth following through with, but don't get your hopes up.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-03, 6:49 PM #11
Oh, by the way... no one really... hated it, unless I'm completelly blind to that 'everyone' person.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-03, 6:51 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Thanks for the info.

Because we care.

No really, we do.

Okay I was kidding, we don't care.

Christ Yoshi. It's a damn discussion forum. If you think MY post was pointless, your's was even MORE so. Because EVERYONE cares that you think DoD:Source is the reason to get HL2. Jesus...
Last Stand
2005-05-03, 7:30 PM #13
Wait... if you're waiting for DoD:S to be released, why not just use the Source engine? Why make a mod for a mod that uses an engine that is already released?

Or were you planning on making DoD:S maps and other content? People are already working on custom content for DoD:S. There have been quite a few threads with screenshots of custom maps for DoD:S on the DoD forums. Either way there's no reason to wait to get started.
2005-05-03, 7:31 PM #14
I'm not waiting for DOD:S to be released, I'm waiting for summer to come, and the knowledge of the source engine to grow a bit before I invest any of my time in it.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!