Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Let's play the "disaster" game, Massassi!
Let's play the "disaster" game, Massassi!
2005-05-03, 6:13 PM #1
Rules:

First person thinks up a disaster, or a little problematic scenario, then the next person will say what they would do in that situation.

The next person posts how they would work through it, then posts another "disaster", or problematic scenario.

So, here's my little disaster (this one is in the form of "what would you choose):

You were shopping at the mall when you and two of your best friends are captured by an evil super-villian. He gives you the option of sacrficing yourself to save your friends, or having your best friends die so that you may live. What would you choose?
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-05-03, 6:17 PM #2
I'd taser him, and get my friends back.

Scenario: An evil multinational corporation accidentally releases a virus from one of its labs that turns people into zombies, and there is thus a zombie attack. You are holed up in a Wal-mart, with a few followers, and you are being bombarded from all sides. The barricades that you put up won't hold for much longer. What do you do?
Stuff
2005-05-03, 6:21 PM #3
I pull a deck of cards out of my pocket and open all the doors in the wal-mart for 5 sequels to the first game until I finally realize that generic puzzle-solving and a lack of an interesting combat system isn't enough to keep people hooked for 5 games.

Situation: Your infant is on a rock in the middle of a pool of lava. There's a noose tied to it's neck and the other end of the noose hangs from a pully above your head. The lava begins to rise....
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-03, 6:24 PM #4
I let my child suffer for a bit while I use the pulley to hoist him/her off the rock and use his/her momentum to swing him/her to me.

A terrorist has taken your family hostage. He'll either shoot your wife or your daughter. If you do not decide, he shoots you, and then both of them.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-03, 6:27 PM #5
I steal his gun and shoot him. Using mad skillz.

You awake in a room on a small steel table. A bonesaw is moving towards your head. You see 3 doctors. What do you do?
2005-05-03, 6:28 PM #6
The most unselfish thing you could do is choose your wife. Which is what I would do. If I was sure I could overpower the terrorist and prevent the deaths of any of my family members, I would try, but if I failed...

You have A's in all your classes, and your's sick of school. What do you do? Play video games, or study for your finals?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-03, 6:29 PM #7
let him shoot them, one person should live.

Scenario: Cable internet goes out. You're stuck with 28k dial up. Do you go and kill the cable company people, live with the 28k, or go get a life?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-05-03, 6:34 PM #8
steal the neighbors wireless internet.

Use one of the other scenarios that hasn't been done yet above.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-05-03, 6:43 PM #9
Play video games.

You are given a choice of living alone forever without seeing anybody ever again and without a house, or to slide down the edge of a giant razor blade into a pool of lemon juice...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-03, 7:18 PM #10
I'm Finnish....the "not seeing anybody and living in the wilds without a house" is pretty much how I live anyway :o

You are stuck in a burning building with abnother person, he is an old man in his sixties and some heart-problems. You have one sleeping pill and a gun with two bullets. The oxygen is running out and will only be enough for 1 person who is unconscious until the rescuers can make their way to you....what do you do? (I know this doesn't make sense, stfu)
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-05-03, 7:21 PM #11
I would tell the old man that I would shoot myself and give him the pill so he could live. I would then give the old man the pill, shoot out a window with the two bullets, take the old, sleeping man, and use him as a cushion to absorb the impact as I jumped out of the high-story window.

Scenario: You found out your spouse is gay because you caught him/her red handed. You're rich and you have no prenup.
Do you:
1) Walk out of the room, divorce, and lose half your money.
2) Kill both, cover it up and keep all your money.
3) Join in.
4) Other (must specify).
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2005-05-03, 7:58 PM #12
Three.

And then two.

Scenerio:

You're taking your girlfriend out on a date, and all the sudden aliens replace her with a sack of warm, but not hot, mashed potatoes.

What DO you do?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-03, 8:00 PM #13
Dammit, someone posted while I was posting!
Quote:
You're taking your girlfriend out on a date, and all the sudden aliens replace her with a sack of warm, but not hot, mashed potatoes.
What DO you do?

Well, I don't like Mashed Potatos, so I'd have to wrap my hands in the sack, break out the display case of a gun store and get something big with lotsa bullets, hijack a space shuttle using the big gun with lotsa bullets, chase down the aliens, stalk them through their ship like an Apocalpyse Now version of Alien, do my girlfriend, then MacGyver together the alien spacecraft and space shuttle to form a big cyberpunk/retro-chic/Millenium Falcon-esque spaceship and cruise around the universe, having all sorts of wacky adventures and seeing all sorts of mystical worlds.
That'd be awesome.

Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord
You awake in a room on a small steel table. A bonesaw is moving towards your head. You see 3 doctors. What do you do?

Ask the doctors to give me more meds, then get on with the brain surgery. That IS how they do it, after all.

Quote:
Scenario: You found out your spouse is gay because you caught him/her red handed. You're rich and you have no prenup.
Do you:
1) Walk out of the room, divorce, and lose half your money.
2) Kill both, cover it up and keep all your money.
3) Join in.
4) Other (must specify).

Join in. Barring that, let her live her life the way she wants, and start getting some action on the side for myself.

You're in prison. big scary sweaty guy named Bubba who hangs out outside the weight room prison. Guards who set the prisoners on each other and then bet on who dies first prison. Island in the middle of a big-*** ocean prison.
It's night. You're cold and lonely and have been both for weeks.
Suddenly, there's a hand on your shoulder. your creepy, big, scary, monstorus roomate has decided to break you in.
The last time an inmate got raped, the guards watched, laughed, then tossed both men into the pit, beating them senselessly in the process.

-What... do you do?
2005-05-03, 10:51 PM #14
Wake the hell up.............

(Someone else answer and give a senario)
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2005-05-03, 11:05 PM #15
I'd say something along the lines of how I'd been waiting all my life for this moment, then I'd turn around around and kick him in the nads. Then, when he falls to his knees, I'd continue kicking the crap out of his nads. The guards would then try to stop me, but I'd snap their necks. Then, using one of the guards tazers, I'd electrocute my cellmates nads.

Scenario:
You're a soldier in a warzone. You're in a foreign land, thousands of miles from your home. You've been fighting on the front line for a week now, when all of a sudden your nation pulls out of the conflict. The boys in the rear are already pulling out. As your unit attempts to fall back to the extraction zones, you're cut off. There is no way the helos can get to you, due to the enemy fire. What do you do?:

1)Surrender
2)Go out in a blaze of glory
3)Sneak through enemy lines, and slowly make your way to a friendly nation
2005-05-04, 6:22 AM #16
Number 2....

Scenario : Freddie Mercury rises from his grave to feed upon one ready selected human that can fully revive him, you. The zombiod confronts you at the supermarket. You have a can of Limabeans in your hand. Do you let him kill you so there can be a queen comeback tour? Beat him to deaf with the can of limabeans? Or something else?
nope.
2005-05-04, 6:36 AM #17
Beat him till he's deaf, all right. The man would deserve rest, and I would avert a massive angst war from happening to begin with.

Scenario: You wake up at a mortuary and have lost your memory. You look like a zombie, your body is filled with scars, and the first thing that you notice is a floating skull next to you who quotes a few lines that are tatooed on your back, mentioning something about a lost diary of yours. What do you do?
The answer is maybe.
2005-05-04, 7:33 AM #18
Wake up from that terrible dream.

The entire Russian army is after you. There is no escape. What do you do?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-04, 7:39 AM #19
I play the trump card and make the previous person's post worthless.

Oh wait....

(Skip this post)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-04, 8:19 AM #20
Escape anyway.

You're in a room with a saw, an orange, and three tonnes of bacon. Suddenly, the bacon starts burning and melting, and if you don't move, you'll be baked. What do you do?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-05-04, 9:22 AM #21
Eat it quickly before it burns up. Can't waste bacon.

Some guy named Ford comes into the bar you're in, and announces that the world will end in two minutes. What do you do?
2005-05-04, 9:36 AM #22
buy my friend arthur three pints at lunchtime.

you have 1.5 wks to complete 10 complicated photography assignments. do you drop everything and go out and shoot till you burn out, or give up and work harder in all your other classes in hopes of saving your GPA?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-05-04, 10:42 PM #23
Save your GPA and take nude photos of yourself.

There's a massive eteor heading twards earth. The whole "blowing it up with a nuke-laden spaceship" thing didn't work out like the last two times. You're selected to be sent into the underground Ark. However, your wife and three children don't qualify. However, there is another Ark being made by evil gangsters. You could get in that one, but you and your family would become poorly mantained sexslaves for the next fifty years, until the doors open up and it's all safe again.

-What do you... do?
2005-05-04, 10:53 PM #24
Sex slaves sounds like fun, so thats an easy one for me. Criminal Ark lair, here I come!

You are working in a convenience store. A grumpy looking old man who is known to make a ruckus when he is displeased with his service comes up to the counter. After him is an attracive lady (or man, for the girls reading this post) around your age is behind him in line. This girl/guy looks like it would be all too easy to start flirting with and you dont want to lose your chance, and your boss is approaching the other register where they would assist the young lady, essentially c***-blocking you. Do you rush the old man to get to the young lady, potentially making him cause a ruckus and possibly leading to your dismissal from your job, or do you let this person go to your boss, then walk out the door, and out of your life?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-05, 8:05 PM #25
I do my job and help the old man, realizing that I'm working for the best interests of my employer, not of myself.

Two bullets are flying through the air from opposite directions with your head in the middle. Ducking would cause a rip in the time space continuem as they shatter the boundaries of time. However, failing to duck will kill you. How do you both divert the soon to intersect bullets from hitting eachother without killing yourself?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-05, 8:23 PM #26
Take a single step backwards, and let **** happen.

I'm coming at your base with two rockvees and an ambo - you've got a Jarmen, two scorps, and a quad. What do you do?
2005-05-05, 9:10 PM #27
i tell you to stop playing silly games and get a job.

You are an insomniac. recently you began to occasionally see auras around people. one night, while you're not sleeping you see to short guys with one big pair of scissors break into your neighbors house. what do you do?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-05-05, 9:19 PM #28
Go after them with a rock, and hope they don't have any paper.

[I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with a scenario ATM.]
2005-05-05, 9:29 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by cybrid81
Go after them with a rock, and hope they don't have any paper.

[I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with a scenario ATM.]

YOU JUST KILLED THE THREAD
next time if you cannot comply completely with the requirements, kindly find another thread to post in kthx
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-05, 9:44 PM #30
There was nothing stopping you from posting a scenario instead of derailing the thread, but since you insist on whining about it...

You have amassed a very large debt and cannot pay it back. The person who loaned you the money gives you a choice, you can either sell your family into slavery, or he will kill you after a long period of excruciating torture, what do you do?

↑ Up to the top!