Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dang... I think I have mono...
Dang... I think I have mono...
2005-05-03, 7:32 PM #1
Anyway, so I've had this sore throat for about 5 days now, started Friday morning. I was just now looking on webmd.com and it suggests my symptoms might be from mono. What sucks is I'm in between jobs right now and I don't think I have any health insurance. I'm gonna call my insurance agency that I had through my last job and find out if they can extend it for any reason or if I can just get health insurance through them for a decent price. If so, I'm gonna go to the doctor tommorrow.

This sucks.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-05-03, 7:34 PM #2
What?

You're talking in stereo...

BUT ALL I'M HEARING IS MONO!

Ooooooh! Diss!

Really... uhhh... get better?
2005-05-03, 7:47 PM #3
No idear wtf mono is.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-05-03, 7:48 PM #4
Mono sucks balls. You will probably need to take a blood test. My buddy came down with it, he lost like 15 pounds. Serious sickness.
2005-05-03, 7:49 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Hope__
No idear wtf mono is.

http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/stm159638.asp?navbar=hw101008
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-05-03, 10:59 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Connection Problem
Mono sucks balls. You will probably need to take a blood test. My buddy came down with it, he lost like 15 pounds. Serious sickness.

this is what happened to me. i was sick for over 3 months. and i got other sicknesses on top of mono which made it worse.

forget what i got on top of the mono, but it gave me sores all over my tongue, which made it hurt to talk eat or drink. my breath smelled like rotting meat too. its a wonder my g/f stuck with me at the time.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-05-03, 11:31 PM #7
I've had Mono twice. Some people get it worse than others, but I was barely able to walk to the bathroom or feed myself for about a month. I could barely feel my own body, my entire body ached constantly, and when I swallowed it felt like nails were going down my throat. I've broken bones and various other things in my life, but Mono is by far the worst thing that I've gone through. However, some people don't get it so bad. If you don't take the antibiotics they give you, there's a very good chance that it will develop into other things, such as bronchitis. Good luck...you're going to need it.

↑ Up to the top!