Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → $60 CAN to blow on a game.
$60 CAN to blow on a game.
2005-05-04, 12:34 PM #1
What should I get? Sadly, Chaos Theory isn't on the list of things I want because it's DVD only. I really want a PC game, but PS2 if something really good is out there.

First question, is HL2 + all the freebie stuff that'd come with it worth fighting with Steam? I'm not all that fond of the program (In fact, I might still have steam from the demo. Probably didn't delete it properly.)

Second question, Farcry? I'm thinking about Farcry, but I'm not all that sure.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 12:35 PM #2
Steam isn't that bad, from what I can tell. I've used it for a while now, and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. Hell, I even downloaded HL2 in about 20 minutes with it. And I have no problems with HL2. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-05-04, 12:37 PM #3
Never had any problems with steam myself either. Yay for valve.
nope.
2005-05-04, 12:38 PM #4
I like Steam. Never had a problem with it. And so many user mods coming out for the game, always something to play
2005-05-04, 12:38 PM #5
I'm probably going to get HL2, actually. I remember saying that I wanted it just for Garry's Mod. I'm probably going to need one of you to walk me through using it, Steam, and the like.

AIM: Glyde Bane

YIM: wct_glydebane

Anywho, I'm off to go buy it. I know it was a quick decision.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 12:59 PM #6
Steam isn't really hard to use.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-04, 1:18 PM #7
if you get far cry that leaves you with some money for more games... i've seen far cry for $20 US
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-05-04, 1:30 PM #8
I got Farcry for 23 CAN and Deus Ex 2 for 15.

With tax, this brings me with 15 to spare. Hopefully, I get a bday card from my grandma containing a $50 tradition, but it's doubted.

Silly, over-priced city of mine. HL2 was $60 at Future Shop without tax, and $65 at EBGames.

Sigh.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 1:53 PM #9
DO NOT BUY HL2 RETAIL.

Ripoff, seriously. Get the silver edition over steam. Besides that, there's something about the lawsuit with VU that may pop up later that would be...unfavorable. Doubtful that you'd even get a VU distributed copy, but still.

Get it on steam!
D E A T H
2005-05-04, 1:57 PM #10
Guild Wars!
2005-05-04, 2:14 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
DO NOT BUY HL2 RETAIL.

Ripoff, seriously. Get the silver edition over steam. Besides that, there's something about the lawsuit with VU that may pop up later that would be...unfavorable. Doubtful that you'd even get a VU distributed copy, but still.

Get it on steam!

If valve doesn't honor the VU licenses, there's going to be an ***-load of lan-centers and inet-cafes that are going to be mad their licenses mean jack diddly crap.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-04, 2:18 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
If valve doesn't honor the VU licenses, there's going to be an ***-load of lan-centers and inet-cafes that are going to be mad their licenses mean jack diddly crap.

It's already been stated they won't...which is ****ty.
D E A T H
2005-05-04, 2:18 PM #13
Well, then, there are an ***-load of lan-centers and inet-cafes that are mad that their licenses mean jack diddly crap. Valve cancelled all contracts Vivendi made because they were illegal.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-04, 2:21 PM #14
I can see vivendi with a class action suit in 3...2...1...
D E A T H
2005-05-04, 3:07 PM #15
Get a DVD drive. Seriously.
2005-05-04, 3:08 PM #16
Would, but I'm not getting allowance for a bit because I need to pay off for the next gamecard that I'll be getting for WoW.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 3:15 PM #17
Get a job.
2005-05-04, 3:16 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
Silly, over-priced city of mine. HL2 was $60 at Future Shop without tax, and $65 at EBGames.

Here in Montreal I saw the retail version for $79 at EBGames when it first came out.

*hugs ATI-HL2 voucher card*
2005-05-04, 3:21 PM #19
I will be getting a job in the summer, I can assure you. I just don't have the time right now.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 4:39 PM #20
The good thing about Steam is that at pretty much any computer that is connected to the Internet (naturally a fast connection) I can log on with my account and play whatever games I have without having them with me or on the computer, etc. (of course it can take some time to download, but it's a pretty cool thing).
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-05-04, 4:57 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
The good thing about Steam is that at pretty much any computer that is connected to the Internet (naturally a fast connection) I can log on with my account and play whatever games I have without having them with me or on the computer, etc. (of course it can take some time to download, but it's a pretty cool thing).

That has nothing to do with the topic

And you can buy a DVD drive with 60 Cabucks easily.
D E A T H
2005-05-04, 5:01 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
I will be getting a job in the summer, I can assure you. I just don't have the time right now.

Bull. You have time for games, you have time for a job.
2005-05-04, 5:03 PM #23
Sorry, but I cannot go out to work anywhere. No way to get there. Also, games come after homework, and games come late at night.

Tonight is a lucky night, with no homework.

So no, bull isn't the correct thing to say about this kind of things. Perhaps get your facts straight before you try to figure out someone else's life?

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-04, 5:03 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Hombre
Bull. You have time for games, you have time for a job.

Not always true. You can play games an hour here, a few minutes there. Jobs you have to make time for, especially in school.

I can't get a job because then I wouldn't be on call for my dad :rolleyes:. Seriously. The guy pretty much walks in, tells me we're going to work for 5-6 hours, and I have to put down whatever I'm doing and work.
D E A T H
2005-05-04, 5:27 PM #25
JK... 4(? silly Canadian money) copies!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!