Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need your help/ideas.
I need your help/ideas.
2005-05-04, 3:58 PM #1
I have to write a speech for tomorrow that will persuade my class to do something. This is obviously our persuasive speech assignment. I am not coming up with any interestng ideas though. If any of you could give suggestions for topics, it would be helpful.

I want something fairly original. Nothing like, why you shouldn't smoke or why you shouldn't drink and drive, or why you should be an organ donor.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-05-04, 3:59 PM #2
Persuade them to make you a sandwich.
2005-05-04, 3:59 PM #3
Why you should ban the use of the word "itch" for "scratch."
2005-05-04, 4:09 PM #4
Man, I need to itch.
2005-05-04, 4:31 PM #5
How do I get a girl to like me?
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-05-04, 4:47 PM #6
Persuade them to hail you as god-almighty.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
~ Oscar Levant
2005-05-04, 7:54 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
Why you should ban the use of the word "itch" for "scratch."

I completely agree.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-04, 10:41 PM #8
Persuade them to switch to Firefox. Seriously.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-05-04, 10:50 PM #9
A couple of years ago, that would have been persuade them to switch to Opera...
2005-05-04, 10:52 PM #10
For my persuasive speech in comm class a year and a half ago my speech was to convince people to go to bed early and wake up early (for various medical and psychological reasons).
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-04, 11:00 PM #11
My persuasive speech was an argument against the weiners who tout that violence in video games leads to real world violence. It went quite well I think.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-04, 11:12 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
Persuade them to switch to Firefox. Seriously.

That's a pretty good idea right there.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-04, 11:15 PM #13
And if you give the Firefox speech, put on a nametag that says "Internet Explorer" and throw peices of paper at people with ads on them, saying "Do all these ads flying in your face annoy you?"
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-04, 11:37 PM #14
Yea someone did the Firefox/IE speech in my Speech class.
It's a great topic I think. Now personaly, I would never do that for a speech, but it would be easy to do.
2005-05-04, 11:50 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Yea someone did the Firefox/IE speech in my Speech class.
It's a great topic I think. Now personaly, I would never do that for a speech, but it would be easy to do.

It would be an incredibly boring topic. You may find it interesting, but convincing your class to switch web browsers is just an utterly mundane topic.
2005-05-05, 1:43 AM #16
Indeed, I wouldn't want to have to listen to all the reasons Firefox is better. Of course, I already know. Hm.

Persuade them to not go see the next stupid teen movie.
*This post has been edited for content.
2005-05-05, 1:51 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by scelestus
Indeed, I wouldn't want to have to listen to all the reasons Firefox is better. Of course, I already know. Hm.

Persuade them to not go see the next stupid teen movie.

Oh no, that fad is over.

The current thing to do is Butcher, murder, and rape classics.
2005-05-05, 3:21 AM #18
I remember when we had to write and present such a speech... I tried to make them all believe nuclear power is the best way to produce energy (as opposed to fossil fuel sources).
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-05-05, 9:52 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
It would be an incredibly boring topic. You may find it interesting, but convincing your class to switch web browsers is just an utterly mundane topic.

Yea but you don't get graded on if the topic is boring or not.
I already stated I had no interest in it, so I don't know why you said that lol.

But yea, I said it would be an EASY topic to do. Never said anyhting about interesting.
2005-05-05, 2:23 PM #20
Give blood :p
/fluffle
2005-05-05, 2:40 PM #21
can you spread false hoods in your speech? cause then you could try and convence them to do anytyhing for you.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.

↑ Up to the top!