Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Man kills cop and "jumps" 3 stories to escape
Man kills cop and "jumps" 3 stories to escape
2005-05-04, 6:02 PM #1
[http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/04/18/detective.killed.ap/vert.carpio.mask.ap.jpg]

No bail for suspect in detective's shooting
Officer killed at police headquarters

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 Posted: 0704 GMT

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island (AP) -- A man charged with killing a detective with the officer's own gun during questioning at police headquarters was ordered held without bail Monday.

Esteban Carpio, 26, did not enter a plea in Providence District Court to a murder charge in the death of Detective James Allen.

His face appeared bruised and bloody, and was obscured by a white mask that covered the area from his chin to his eyes. Police have said he injured his leg, arm and head when he jumped from a third-floor window at the police building.

Carpio nodded his head in response to questions during his arraignment but did not speak, except to say, "I love you, Mom," as he was led out of the courtroom.

The murder charge carries a potential maximum sentence of life in prison without parole because it involves the killing of an on-duty police officer.

Authorities said Allen, 50, was shot Sunday in a conference room while he questioned Carpio about his possible involvement in the stabbing of an 84-year-old woman, who is expected to recover. Carpio was not under arrest at the time and had been taken out of handcuffs.

After the shooting, Carpio broke a window in an adjacent office and jumped out. He was captured a few blocks away, authorities said.

Carpio's mother and another woman wailed when he was brought into the courtroom Monday, hands and legs shackled and held by several officers. One yelled "Oh my God, look what they did to him." Officers wrestled both women out of the courtroom as they screamed about a coverup and police brutality.

Police Chief Dean Esserman would not say how Carpio managed to get Allen's weapon or discuss other details leading up to the shooting. He also would not discuss the protocols for carrying weapons inside police headquarters or for interviewing potential suspects, and would not say if there were witnesses.

Allen, a 27-year veteran of the force, was an experienced investigator and one of the department's longest-serving detectives.

"Jimmy Allen passed in the noblest way possible. He gave his life trying to make our lives safer," Mayor David Cicilline said. "He died a hero."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/18/detective.killed.ap/

Fell out the window my ***. I bet he was helped. And good ridance. I bet he won't be someone's ***** in prison while he looks like a poorly made action figure.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-04, 6:49 PM #2
I wonder what company makes the masks to cover up the hideously disfigured?
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-05-04, 6:52 PM #3
I think that mask is to prevent him from biting people. Also, supposedly he's HIV positive. I know it's technically impossible to contract HIV through saliva, but still, I dont think most people would want to tempt fate by allowing someone with HIV to go around biting everyone.
2005-05-04, 6:53 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
I think that mask is to prevent him from biting people. Also, supposedly he's HIV positive. I know it's technically impossible to contract HIV through saliva, but still, I dont think most people would want to tempt fate by allowing someone with HIV to go around biting everyone.

:eek: Biting?
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-04, 6:54 PM #5
Quote:
"I love you, Mom,"

WTF?
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-04, 6:56 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominik
:eek: Biting?

Yeah, this guy is apparently nuts, and has been attacking police/correctional officers every chance he gets. There's a more recent article about how he broke a correctional officer's jaw while they were trying to restrain him.
2005-05-04, 6:57 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
Yeah, this guy is apparently nuts, and has been attacking police/correctional officers every chance he gets. There's a more recent article about how he broke a correctional officers jaw while they were trying to restrain him.

Why don't they shoot him down?
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-04, 6:58 PM #8
Quote:
Carpio's mother and another woman wailed when he was brought into the courtroom Monday, hands and legs shackled and held by several officers. One yelled "Oh my God, look what they did to him." Officers wrestled both women out of the courtroom as they screamed about a coverup and police brutality.
Police brutality? OMG Shut up!

[edit: This will be less offensive if I quote what I'm referring to. :o]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-04, 7:01 PM #9
Cause killing an unarmed man is illegal. However, beating the crap out of him (such as this case when he tries to) is not illegal. If he had a knife or a bsaeball bat, they could kill him "by accident".
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-04, 7:28 PM #10
I love it how people punish themselves.
2005-05-04, 7:38 PM #11
Too bad he survived his fall.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!