Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Election violence
Election violence
2005-05-05, 2:35 AM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4516119.stm

This is what is called global terrorism. Jesus god christ I am angry

edit: and yes, i realize it didn't hurt anyone. ask me if i care
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2005-05-05, 2:37 AM #2
Atleast no one was hurt.
2005-05-05, 4:06 AM #3
That's scary. Grenades?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-05, 7:01 AM #4
That was smart. :rolleyes:
2005-05-05, 7:02 AM #5
sine... I think you're far too worked up over this war on terror thing...

a little less newsmax.com and a little more somethingawful.com maybe?
2005-05-05, 7:21 AM #6
I think it may be jumping to conclusions that this was necessarily violence against the British consulate. It amounts to a grand total of a few hundred dollars to repair the windows. If there had been intent to terrorize, I'm sure there would have been something significantly more damaging.

But time shall tell.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-05, 8:54 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
I think it may be jumping to conclusions that this was necessarily violence against the British consulate.

But time shall tell.

I guess. If it wasn't real violence against the British consulate, it would be a big coincidence that the British were having their elections around that time.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-05, 9:20 AM #8
Looks similar to IRA bombings..

What exactly are you angry about, an attack on the British consulate on election day, or that the attack took place on American soil?

I also think the targetted Google ad I got on this thread is hilarious:
[http://migc.scummbar.com/understandingterrorism.gif]

Edit: Mostly because of the 'Understanding Islam', but the 'scientifically proven way to stop terrorism!' is also hilarious.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-05, 9:30 AM #9
Is the British consulate really american soil?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-05, 9:31 AM #10
Oh, well, heh, I guess not. But it's in America. Sort of.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-05, 9:35 AM #11
The article says the target was unknown.

Quote:
Mr Bloomberg told reporters that although the British consulate was housed in the building on Third Avenue, it would be wrong to assume that this was the target of the attack.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

↑ Up to the top!