Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wisdom teeth update...
Wisdom teeth update...
2005-05-05, 3:30 AM #1
... ok, if anyone here saw my post the other day and actually give a damn about me, you probably heard that I went to the dentist on Tuesday to get my wisdom teeth out. Here is a nice update on how it went and how I'm doing now.... in case any gives a damn.

For the operation, instead of gassing me like I thought they would, they just gave it to me via an IV to knock me out. Funny thing about it was that I have absolutely no memory of falling asleep. All I remember is laying there, watching them prepare their tools and then like 5 seconds later, I was awake and wired up. I'm not sure if my Dad is just messing with me or not but he told me that when I woke up, I was acting like a crazy drunk. Apparently I was so wild that one of the dental assistants was laughing his *** off and my Dad felt horribly embarrased to be near me. All I can remember is them taking me to another chair and remember how I had double vision and actually thought there was another me standing next to me :eek: That was a weird feeling!

Anyway, once I got home, my alertness came back to me so I was well aware what was going on after that. My father then went to pick my mother up from work while I laid in bed. After a while, my jaw started to hurt like hell and I was starting to gag on my blood so I decided (in a panic mind you) to spit the gauze out and go rense my mouth out. BIG MISTAKE! I was in horrible agony as I spent and I was moaning and crying like a child (hey, it hurt man! Shut the hell up if you think I'm being a wuss!). My parents got home just then to hear me cry in pain and my Dad shouted "Dammit! We should had gotten the damn medicine!" and he went to the store to get it. While he was gone, my mother help replace the gauze in my mouth and I went back to lay in bed. She then ask me what foods she should have my father get and I told her to get me some pudding and apple sause. I finally got my pills a while later (both pain killer and anti-bodic) and spent the night just watching TV while changing the gauze every now and then and eating some pudding.

On Wednesday morning, my bleeding had stop so I no longer had to worry about putting gauze in my mouth. However, I was strangly getting nausea for some odd reason. I spoke to my father about it and he told me that since the painkiller is a narcotic that its probably making me sick and recommended that I just drink 7up to relieve it. When he told me that though, I assumed it was just his opinion so I didn't bother drinking 7up. In the middle of the day, I decided to take a shower to see if that would make me feel better. I didn't. I wound up vomiting in the sink like 5 times after my shower. The vomiting actually made me feel better but I wasn't quite well enough to get on the computer so I went back to sleep. When my mother came home from work, she told me that the pain killer had a side effect of causing nausea. Great... what a great pill! Apparently its a catch 22 - either have massive mouth pain or vomit yourself silly! Ohhhh!!! However, the nausea symptom could be relieved by just drinking lots of 7up. Apparently my father was right yet I completely he talked to me about that. When he got home, he was apparently in a bad mood about his job when I told him that how the pain killer had a nausea effect. He freaking bit my head off, saying "I just told you that, didn't I? Don't you ever listen to your father?" Man... what a jerk! Yes, I realized he said that but I didn't think it was official until my mother read me the symptoms off the paper about the drug. Anyway, to me father, "Anger Management" is a non-existant concept to him so he goes flying off the handle about me not respecting him and how he hates his job. I'm usually a calm person and usually don't blow my top but I told him straight off to get off my *** and that just because he is made that he doesn't have a "license" to go around and piss everyone else off. A while later, he comes back and says he is sorry for taking it out on me. I reluctantly accept his apology (I only accept because its a Christian's duty to always forgive, even though my flesh clearly didn't want to)

Ooops, I guess I wrote a little too much than you guys wanted to read. Ok, here is a short version for you lazy buttheads that hate long posts:

- I went to dentist. I got IV instead of Gas and was knocked out before I realized it.
- Few seconds later, I woke up and acted like a crazy drunk. Assistant was ROFL'ing, my father embarrassed.
- Went home. Freaked out about pain and wash mouth. Big mistake. Was in agony and cried like a little girl.
- Parents give me pills and soft food and I watch TV the rest of the night.
- Next day, Bleeding has stopped but I get nausea. Dad tells me about the painkiller making me sick and drinking 7up.
- I take shower to try to relieve nausea. I vomit in sink afterwards.
- Mom comes home. Tells me that the pain killer causes nausea and 7up is the remedy for it.
- Dad comes home. Bits my head off while mad about work. I tell him to piss off. He comes back later and apologizes.

There... was that a faster read you punks!

..ahem... anyway, I'm feeling better now. Hope you enjoyed my post... assuming you give a damn!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-05-05, 4:05 AM #2
Read the long version.

Well, let's just hope I don't have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I heard that they were actually coming in nicely. Now I await the word that they are actually coming out the side of my face.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-05, 3:32 PM #3
Were your teeth showing or were they submerged? I had mine taken out while they were small, and I fully recovered after 2 days. Get them out ASAP if you don't like anticipationg agony. Well, it a little late for you I guess
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-05-05, 3:40 PM #4
My mom told me I was uncharacteristicly a big chatterbox all the drive home from my procedure. I never talk, but apparently I couldn't keep my mouth shut on the way home. :) The scary thing is I don't remember anything until I got home so I have no idea what I said...

Glad to know you're doing ok, SavageX.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-05, 5:30 PM #5
Well, sounds like you have been having fun the last couple of days! But hey, it sounds like you are really glad to have it over with.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-05, 7:11 PM #6
I remember getting my wisdom teeth out... I woke up the next day and went on the internet and found out that Columbia had exploded on re-entry. That was a nice couple of days.
Stuff
2005-05-05, 8:31 PM #7
I was the same way with the IV. One second your sitting there and the next your laying on a bed in a post-op room. I honestly can't remember if I got any pain-killer, as I don't remember taking pills, but I also don't remember there being a lot of pain at all. Like I said in your first thread, I was unfortunate enough to have gotten some mouth rinse to stave of infection that also caused me to lose my sense of taste for a good half-day everytime I used it.

Hope you get better, shouldn't take that long.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-05-05, 11:30 PM #8
I got the IV too. (I wish I could always go to sleep that fast)
Did you have any dreams or hallucinations while you were out? I did, but I don't really remember much about it. When I woke up, it felt like I was coming out of normal sleep, but the pain started once I remembered where I was and why I was there.

For the next few days, i was living on protein shakes and scrambled eggs. It was an absolute b**** to always be hungry and want real solid food even though I couldn't eat it at the time.

What meds are you taking for pain? I couldn't use my pain meds (I think it was vicadin) b/c it made me vomit too.

oh yeah, one more thing. If you heal up and still have a tingling sensation in your jaw, you're totally screwed b/c that is a sign of nerve damage, and they can't do anything about it. I got lucky and never had that, but theres always a chance. I hope you get lucky too.
2005-05-06, 12:06 AM #9
Wait, so you mean it's lucky if you get your wisdom teeth pulled and they do it right?
Pissed Off?
2005-05-06, 12:24 AM #10
Yeah, I got the IV too. Except I don't remember them hooking up an actual IV. The last thing I remembered was the shot in my arm, then I was out. I remember waking up and sitting with my dad in his truck when he drove me home.

I ate pretty normally the next couple of days, just avoided chewy things and hard foods, such as chips. Though I did eat at Taco Bell the next day and had nachos. :o

The next few days I took some painkillers, but what really helped was getting the holes packed. It was tedious, but once they were packed, pain was at a minimum.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-06, 11:01 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Wait, so you mean it's lucky if you get your wisdom teeth pulled and they do it right?

yeah, pretty much.
2005-05-06, 12:20 PM #12
Yay the things I have to look forward to...

I won't be using painkillers though, so that'll be fun. (I don't like painkillers, something just bothers me about them. Not that I need em anyway, I've been through hell without pain meds already)
2005-05-06, 3:17 PM #13
I think that you should have been more respectful of your father when he did apologize. Most fathers wouldn't have. He wasn't right to take his anger out on anyone at home, but you should understand that his job might be very crappy and he might rather be doing something else (like spending time with his family) but hasn't got much choice because this world is ****ed up, but he did apologize. And it isn't a Christian's duty to always forgive...I think every person who has empathy will freely choose to be forgiving, and not because they are obligated to.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-05-08, 1:54 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
I think that you should have been more respectful of your father when he did apologize. Most fathers wouldn't have. He wasn't right to take his anger out on anyone at home, but you should understand that his job might be very crappy and he might rather be doing something else (like spending time with his family) but hasn't got much choice because this world is ****ed up, but he did apologize. And it isn't a Christian's duty to always forgive...I think every person who has empathy will freely choose to be forgiving, and not because they are obligated to.

Apparently you didn't get what I meant by "flesh" when I said that. "Flesh" is another reference to sin nature. I was simply pointing out how that side of my didn't want to forgive because of the fact that my father has a bad habit of forgiving but not repenting. What I would really like from him is repentence because it gets rather old over time when someone lashes out at you and says he is sorry and then does it again down the road. I don't think its too demanding for someone to practice some anger management, don't you?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-05-08, 4:39 PM #15
<3 7up
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

↑ Up to the top!