Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → AP Tests
AP Tests
2005-05-05, 4:10 PM #1
I took 2nd to last AP exam today, English Literature and Composition, not too bad, the multiple choice was difficult but the essays werent too bad. Physics on monday should be a breeze. Anyone else here taking any AP exams or have in the past?
I <3 Massassi
2005-05-05, 4:13 PM #2
I took AP Calc and AP Gov and got a 5 and a 3, respectively. Got credit for both in college. I'd have gotten higher in gov, but our entire semester consisted of our teacher telling personal stories, and not teaching.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-05, 4:14 PM #3
I got a 4 on the AP US History last year, that was my best one, it was also my first AP exam, though the college i am entering in next year only accepts a 5 for credit however :(
I <3 Massassi
2005-05-05, 4:16 PM #4
Took Calc AP AB and BC, got 5 and 3 respectavily, then took some IB tests, meh :/
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-05-05, 4:29 PM #5
AP English Language and Compesition (Monday) - Did well, the essay was an analysis of an article from The Onion , which rocked

AP US History (Tommorow) - Shouldnt be hard, scored 60+ on all my practice tests so far

AP Environmental Science (Next Monday) - I think I'm going to fail this test, as I've learned nothing in it so far

Scored a 3 on my AP Euro Hist. last year, because I completely bombed the DBQ.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-05-05, 4:57 PM #6
I took the AP Calculus AB test, hopefully I got a five on that....
2005-05-05, 5:23 PM #7
I took Calculus AB, Government and Comparative Government my senior year. The two givernment ones were on the same day. That sucked. I got 3s on all of them, so I got college credit for tehm.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-05, 5:27 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by fishstickz
AP English Language and Compesition (Monday) - Did well, the essay was an analysis of an article from The Onion , which rocked

AP US History (Tommorow) - Shouldnt be hard, scored 60+ on all my practice tests so far

AP Environmental Science (Next Monday) - I think I'm going to fail this test, as I've learned nothing in it so far

Scored a 3 on my AP Euro Hist. last year, because I completely bombed the DBQ.

they didnt offer AP Euro this year at my school because there simply wasn't enough interest :(, dbq's are the worst, god im happy im done with us history, though the teacher was by far my most favorite in high school. I'm graduating in 4 weeks, god i cannot wait!
I <3 Massassi
2005-05-05, 5:34 PM #9
Euro was horrible, it covers 12 times as many subjects, over a period of time longer by 600 years.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-05-05, 5:45 PM #10
I took AP English and AP US History. I failed both tests. I'm sorry I was coaxed into taking those two courses. "This is what real college classes are like." Bull****. None of my English classes so far in college have been anywhere NEAR as boring and fast paced as my AP English. And History? History is a boring topic in general to me, but I got more out of the History class I took this semester, and again, it wasn't as fast paced.

I hated AP. It seemed utterly pointless.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-05, 5:58 PM #11
AP Literature today was pretty fun. Doubt I did better than a 4 or worse than a 3...
2005-05-05, 6:03 PM #12
I took AP Language and Comp and Computer Science AB. CompSci AB was pretty tough on the open ended section. Golly.
2005-05-05, 6:49 PM #13
I am taking AP Lang and Comp (done), Computer Science (done), US History (tomorrow), and Comparative Gov't (next wed.).

I'd be taking stat too, but I dropped it last week.. five tests was just too much to study for.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-05, 6:49 PM #14
Last year was Composition, Lit, and US History.

This year was Calc AB and soon Biology.
2005-05-05, 6:50 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Jdogg0403
they didnt offer AP Euro this year at my school because there simply wasn't enough interest :(, dbq's are the worst, god im happy im done with us history, though the teacher was by far my most favorite in high school. I'm graduating in 4 weeks, god i cannot wait!

DBQ's are the best. You usually don't need any prior knowledge of the subject. Just read the material there and then write.
2005-05-05, 7:16 PM #16
compsci AB. MC was easy, but I got raped by the written. Or, #3 on the written. the one with the successor(TreeNode t) method.
一个大西瓜
2005-05-05, 7:16 PM #17
I took the AP World History test on Tuesday. The DBQ saved my skin. It was incredibly easy and didn't require any knowledge at all. My AP Biology test, on the other hand...:o
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2005-05-05, 7:19 PM #18
I'm planning on taking AP History next year (my 11th grade year) and AP English and AP Calculus in my Senior year. I hear that AP History is the hardest AP class in the country and that a 5 on the exam is virtually impossible. It's got me worried. :(

I'm a straight A student mind you, but 30 pages of reading a night for just one subject is quite a bit, especially when I have 7 others at the same time.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-05, 7:20 PM #19
I took the Literature and Comp. test. The multiple choice was a breeze, and I only had problems with one of the essays.
2005-05-05, 7:29 PM #20
Tomorrow we'll all have to talk about the actual questions (Lit/comp), once we get the booklets back. I'm going to say I got a 4, maybe a 3. I missed the entire 3rd column of the multi because I was so tired that the first text REALLY through me off.

Didn't anyone else find the second text remotelly ironic?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-05, 7:40 PM #21
APUS History isn't that bad.... I think the math tests are far worse. Calc, for example.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-05, 7:52 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
Tomorrow we'll all have to talk about the actual questions (Lit/comp), once we get the booklets back. I'm going to say I got a 4, maybe a 3. I missed the entire 3rd column of the multi because I was so tired that the first text REALLY through me off.

Didn't anyone else find the second text remotelly ironic?

JediKirby

Can't really discuss it until Saturday; don't want to discuss it on a public forum especially...

That said... the second essay? Backchannel me:

AIM = jedilegend1337
2005-05-05, 7:59 PM #23
Well, I'm currently technically speaking within boundaries, as I'm not saying anything that was in the text, only referencing it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-05, 8:22 PM #24
Ah, well...

Yes, I think so.
2005-05-05, 8:31 PM #25
I took AP Physics C and got a 3 on both parts, and took Calculus AB and got a 5.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-05-06, 6:00 AM #26
I took Language & Comp and US History as a junior and then Calculus AB and Music Theory my senior year. I scored a 2,3,1, and 4 respectively. Theory was the only class I really participated in.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-05-06, 7:11 AM #27
Let's see I took the Microeconomics test junior year, got a 2 on that so it was 80 bucks down the drain. However last took the English, Euro, and Us History Ap's, got 5,4,3 respectively. Luckily for me they were enough for some credit in college. I just remember that essay for US was on the French and Indian War, which was a *****, because it had been way back at the beginning of the year, and our teacher the whole time was telling us that she was sure the essay was going to be on Vietnam because of the Iraq war. So our focus drifted to that, and we got screwed. Euro wast great because it had been just me and a friend who had complained to allow the class, and in the end we didn't really even have class. Our techer just gave us the essays, and we'd just talk about movies the whole time.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-05-06, 10:23 AM #28
Last year (jr.) I took US History, Calculus AB, and Chemistry, getting 4, 5, and 5 respectively. Let's see the lineup now . . . .

English Language and Composition - This test was basically the SAT verbal plus some writing (okay basically the current SAT). I screwed up the essays because I am slow at timed writing.
Expecting a 3 or 4.

Calculus BC - Pretty easy. 5

Computer Science A - I hate tracing and the MBS, but the free response questions were cake. 4/5

Statistics - Pretty easy. 5

Physics - I don't know about this one. I don't like electric and magnetic fields and all related crap. 4 but maybe a 5.

I will be done on Monday, but good luck to all those who still have to take tests!
2005-05-06, 2:28 PM #29
American History: Easy. 5. (Helped that my genius teacher guessed the essay prompt)

European History: So easy I didn't know anything but got a: 4.

English Language: 4.

English Literature: 5. (Also pretty easy)
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2005-05-06, 3:16 PM #30
Took Calc AB on tuesday -- most likely got a 5.

Taking Physics BC on monday. I expect a 4, or perhaps even a 5 on the mechanics section and a 3 on the Electricity/Magnetism section.
On the practice exam we took, I got around 45 on mechanics, 7 points short of a 5. On E&M I got the minimum possible score for a 4, 35 I think -- I may not get so lucky on the actual exam. (this practice exam was from 1988)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-05-06, 5:07 PM #31
5 down, 2 to go. -_- Junior year.

↑ Up to the top!