Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Netbux: a scam?
Netbux: a scam?
2005-05-06, 8:31 AM #1
Someone I know e-mailed me a link to the site Netbux.org the other day. Supposedly, by using their page to do web searches, you are paid $0.02 for every search with a cap of 40 searches a day. It sounds like a scam, but I've looked over the page and couldn't find any catches. Does anyone know anything about this?
2005-05-06, 8:33 AM #2
It's probably valid. Hope you dont mind your browsing habits being tracked and sold though.
2005-05-06, 8:34 AM #3
Woo! 80 cents a day here I come!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-06, 8:35 AM #4
There was something else like this a while ago, where you had a little ad banner at the bottom of your screen and made you money while you browsed the internet. Of course I managed to cheat it, by making some script to keep reloading a page, to make it think I was 'browsing', but even after a few weeks of that I only made like $2, so it wasn't worth it.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-06, 8:44 AM #5
AllAdvantage?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-06, 9:34 AM #6
Wait, so I could write a script which did 40 searches in the space of a few seconds and get $0.80?

Do they check what you search for? I mean like if you search the same things over and over?

edit: Well, i signed up and it seems that you have to be looking at the search results for 10 seconds. I'm also assuming they wont let you search more than once at a time.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-05-06, 10:24 AM #7
Well, I've signed up for it, so we'll see how it goes. If anyone else is interested in it, do me a favor and register through this link. I get money for referrals. ;)
2005-05-06, 10:31 AM #8
i found another service which offers the same thing only you can do 50 searches per day.

Oh, and I wrote a script in JS which will search both services every 30 seconds :p
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-05-06, 10:54 AM #9
Nice.
2005-05-06, 11:18 AM #10
Could you post the script here for those of us who don't have 1337 scripting skillz yet? :o
2005-05-06, 11:23 AM #11
I remember AllAdvantage.

About 5 years ago I was convinced I could make enough money off of it to buy a helicopter. I had eventually "made" $40, but they never sent me a single thing. :(
2005-05-06, 12:56 PM #12
80 f***ing cents? It's not worth your time unless you use a script to automate it.
2005-05-06, 12:58 PM #13
I'm sure they have methods of catching people who abuse the service through scripts and what not. And please, if you do write a script, dont post it here. Ripping people off isnt nice.
2005-05-06, 1:19 PM #14
Hmm, that's true... Though I wouldn't feel bad about it if they published adware.
2005-05-06, 1:50 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
80 f***ing cents? It's not worth your time unless you use a script to automate it.

A day. Which totals out to be 24 bucks a month.

That's cable TV right there. Hell, that's a dinner or two at a decent restaraunt. :)
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!