Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Old Movies Recently Seen That Scare the Crap Out of You
Old Movies Recently Seen That Scare the Crap Out of You
2005-05-06, 11:49 PM #1
Has anyone else ever seen an older movie that's really scared them or freaked them out? I just watched "American Gothic" for the first time tonight, and I have to honestly say that it was more than a little creepy. I've seen tons of horror movies in my life time, and since this is one of the older 80's horror flicks that no one really mentions, I thought that it wouldn't be too good. Boy was I wrong. I'd have to say that it's one of my favorite horror movies now. An instant classic in my eyes.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-05-07, 12:04 AM #2
"The Prophecy"

It's about this mutant bear!
2005-05-07, 7:50 AM #3
Alfred Hitchcock movies are pretty good, for the most part. Some stuff seems really cliched, but then you remember that he pretty much invented it... "Psycho" really creeped me out, and it's a lot better than the remake.
Stuff
2005-05-07, 8:05 AM #4
CareBears The Movie.

That evil red eyed Kid scared the BEJEBUS outta me!!!

And also the fluffy bears were kinda freaky
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-05-07, 12:06 PM #5
Not scare, but extremely disturb- Eraserhead.

I saw it while I was stoned, too.
:master::master::master:
2005-05-07, 5:23 PM #6
My grandmother is terrified of "The Birds".
2005-05-07, 6:10 PM #7
I watched the original Night of the Living Dead, much much scarier to me than current day zombie flicks. Really good movie too.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-07, 6:57 PM #8
Has anybody seen the original The Haunting? I've heard it's pretty good.
2005-05-07, 7:23 PM #9
I don't understand why everyone is so madly in love with Alfred Hitchcock. We watched Rear Window in film club at school last year. It was not suspenseful in the least bit. It was also very drawn out and boring. Suffice it to say that I did not like it.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-05-07, 9:03 PM #10
I'll tell you an old movie that didn't scare me: Halloween. For a movie that inspired ten billion sequals, it was pretty crappy, and not the least bit scary. And I'm pretty sure it's responsible for the whole "masked psychopath" craze, and we all know what came of that.
2005-05-07, 9:19 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
I don't understand why everyone is so madly in love with Alfred Hitchcock. We watched Rear Window in film club at school last year. It was not suspenseful in the least bit. It was also very drawn out and boring. Suffice it to say that I did not like it.

I like the part where he falls out the window.
2005-05-08, 12:46 AM #12
EXORCIST!!!!!!!!!
2005-05-08, 1:41 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
I don't understand why everyone is so madly in love with Alfred Hitchcock.

*sigh* You know almost everything you see in modern cinema... he inspired it. That's why. Same thing with Kurosawa.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-08, 2:26 AM #14
Bah! Rear Window is a great piece of entertainment. Saw it for the first time recently...
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-08, 5:46 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
Has anybody seen the original The Haunting? I've heard it's pretty good.

I saw it a few years ago, and yeah, it was pretty scary.

I saw The Birds this weekend, and while it wasn't exactly scary, it did have its creepy moments.
"There's nothing more annoying than being distracted from our own self-obsession by others," said Tom
-Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
2005-05-08, 11:44 PM #16
I really gotta admit, Event Horizon still really friggin creeps me out.

↑ Up to the top!