Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half Life 2 fan film
Half Life 2 fan film
2005-05-07, 11:42 AM #1
Ach, got this link sent to me to a Half Life 2 fan film. Not all too shabby, the enviroment looks pretty City 17ish. For a small little project, it certainly works, and I really like how it ends overall. Pretty cute.

Thread with information and downloads

Direct link to the movie
The answer is maybe.
2005-05-07, 11:56 AM #2
Wow. Impressive.

Me like :D
D E A T H
2005-05-07, 12:07 PM #3
Interesting. The main problem I had while watching it was the guy was a little too well dressed for City 17, he should've been wearing the blue overalls like everyone else, makes perfect sense in the end though.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-07, 12:41 PM #4
Heh, that's pretty good.
Stuff
2005-05-07, 1:12 PM #5
My only major critisism (other than the main guy's attire perhaps) is that it seemed a little drawn out. It is, however, very professional, and the narrative is well-done. Major props to this guy.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-05-07, 8:16 PM #6
Damn 56k...
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-05-07, 9:23 PM #7
I was expecting a headcrab to jump on him as he climbed the stairs and got tired
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-08, 1:38 AM #8
I liked it. Almost all of it. Some of the camera angles were lacking. They were almost there, but he should have backed up and zoomed in a little... it makes things look alot better.

That's a small complaint, but it makes things look alot more professional. It looks good otherwise, and the cgi integration is really nicely done.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-08, 2:16 AM #9
the part where he's looking back and forth at the crowbar could have benefitted from being about five seconds shorter... he looked back and forth two or three times too much, imo, which exagerated it too much and made it annoying... and i agree, his attire should have been different

other than that, though, it was great. it really looked like city17, and as bill said, the cgi integration was very nice
Moo.
2005-05-08, 2:24 AM #10
The one thing that gave it away as not being City 17 were the cars... They were all modern and clean.
2005-05-08, 9:07 PM #11
So they should have been.. futuristic and dirty?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-09, 12:18 AM #12
The cars in the game were neither modern or futuristic (like a lot of human things in City 17, they looked quite old), and none of them were actually working, they were all wrecks.

Although, you can't blame the filmmaker for not running around torching and smashing others people's cars, I guess.
2005-05-09, 12:50 AM #13
In the end, I was expecting a gunship to go flying past the skyscape.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-09, 1:25 AM #14
That'd have been a nice touch at the end. I agree with AKPiggott about the cars, but there isn't really much you can do about that.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-10, 6:05 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
In the end, I was expecting a gunship to go flying past the skyscape.

Me too.
2005-05-10, 6:09 PM #16
I thought way too many of the scenes were really drawn out. It was pretty annoying.

"Just hit the freaking thing already!"
2005-05-10, 6:31 PM #17
Really impressive, overall film quality, the way it was shot, etc, was very well done. This is also some teenager working with no budget, I've seen much more professional small films with budgets, crews and actors on that level. The CGi integration was great as well, I hardly noticed it was actually video from HL, apart from that closeup with the Strider.
2005-05-10, 6:56 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
I thought way too many of the scenes were really drawn out. It was pretty annoying.

My sentiments exactly. I reall don't know what's so great about this film, everyone seems to like it. I mean heck, even Bill likes it. Maybe I should go to bed.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-10, 7:17 PM #19
I loved it.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-05-10, 8:14 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689

I agree. He was circling around with it... but what was it going to do, flash him again? :\
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-05-10, 10:17 PM #21
Boring.
looks good.
story sucks.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-11, 1:20 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
My sentiments exactly. I reall don't know what's so great about this film, everyone seems to like it. I mean heck, even Bill likes it. Maybe I should go to bed.

Yeah, and if I like it, you know it's done something.

Mainly I liked it because it's clear the guy used some decent quality equipment, and he actually knows how to use it properly.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!