Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hitman: Blood Money (PC, X-Box, PS2)
Hitman: Blood Money (PC, X-Box, PS2)
2005-05-07, 2:46 PM #1
Preview article
Trailer

Hitman 2 was my favorite (although I never played 1) of the series and I'm glad to see that the game is more reflective that style instead of Contracts. The trailer is certainly interesting (I like the music too) with 47 killing a man with a set of weights.

[http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/610/610973/hitman-blood-money-20050506055423688.jpg]
[http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/610/610973/hitman-blood-money-20050506055419985.jpg]
2005-05-07, 2:47 PM #2
Looks wicked.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-05-07, 3:04 PM #3
That girl is modeled a bit weirdly.
2005-05-07, 4:53 PM #4
I think the old hitman face looked better.
2005-05-07, 5:55 PM #5
That looks almost like the source engine. It would be awesome if it is.
2005-05-07, 6:07 PM #6
Jesper Kyd = Awesome. I love the music in Hitman.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-07, 6:45 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
That looks almost like the source engine. It would be awesome if it is.

No, it wouldn't. Remember how Vampire: Bloodlines went?
D E A T H
2005-05-07, 8:57 PM #8
47 is starting to look a little beefy. He should probably cut back on the Cheetos.
2005-05-07, 10:10 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Jesper Kyd = Awesome. I love the music in Hitman.

He's also going back to the full orchestra he had in Hitman 2, rather than the techno he did for Contracts.

It rocks either way.
2005-05-07, 10:16 PM #10
Silent Assassin was my favorite, I couldn't stand Codename 47, and Contracts felt like one giant re-hash (maybe because of the recycled levels? ;) ). And yes, the old face looked better, this one's just... wierd.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-05-07, 10:19 PM #11
"Graphically, Hitman: Blood Money is the first game to be powered by IO Interactive's latest implementation of the powerful Glacier engine."

Glacier, not Source.

I kinda liked the techno in Contracts. The Main Theme especially. I LOVE the Main Theme. It fits the game like a glove.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-05-07, 11:35 PM #12
Don't get me wrong, I liked the techno too, but in my opinion the orchestral is better...if only slightly.
2005-05-07, 11:47 PM #13
Of course. A live human being behind an instrument will always be slightly better than one driven by ones and zeros. The human adds something extra to it... little flaws and imprefections. Gives it more character.
Last Stand
2005-05-08, 12:21 AM #14
Hitman: Codename 47 was the only one that I really liked. (Loved, actually.) I was really dissapointed with the others, especially Contracts.
[edit] I just watched the trailer. There are levels in Vegas! That rocks! Oh, and it looks like an awesome game. I'm looking forward to it.
2005-05-08, 5:54 AM #15
Eh, I don't really like the whole push trying to make players play the game 'like a hitman'. Contracts did that and it irritated me. The only way to get the highest score was to get 0 or possibly 1 on all of the statistics at the end, so that meant firing no shots, killing only the targets, not harming the guards or innocents. Contracts had a huge array of weapons, all of which were useless.

Sure, treat different players differently, if a player chooses to cause a huge bloodbath, then the rest of the game might pan out differently - perhaps there'll be more guards in next levels. But I don't like the idea that there is a 'best' approach, and rewarding players only for following that approach.
If a player hits the target with a long distance sniper rifle shot, then reward him with a better sniper rifle.
If a player hits the target by mowing down everyone around him, reward him with a big machine gun.
If a player hits the target by disguising himself as a guard and poisoning his drink, then reward him.. .uh.. some other way.

That's what I was really hoping Blood Money would go for, different approaches giving different rewards.
But I guess not. :-(
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-08, 7:07 AM #16
So I guess you've never played Theif.
2005-05-08, 8:21 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
So I guess you've never played Theif.

<3 teh Thief
D E A T H
2005-05-08, 10:26 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
If a player hits the target by disguising himself as a guard and poisoning his drink, then reward him.. .uh.. some other way.

A nice silenced pistol/SMG ;)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-05-08, 10:36 AM #19
I also always wanted bald guy to be able to dress up in women's clothes.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!