Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Narnia
Narnia
2005-05-08, 3:47 PM #1
There's now a trailer up online for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

-snip-
Go down a couple of posts for the link
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-05-08, 3:50 PM #2
Quote:
Originally posted by MFalse3
There's now a trailer up online for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

[url=C:\Documents and Settings\James F. VanDieren\My Documents\chroniclesofnarniathelionthewitchandthewardrobethe_trlr_01_high_dl.mov]Click here to snag it from AOL[/url]

Nicely linked to your hard drie there.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-05-08, 3:53 PM #3
Click here
Thanks for pointing out my mistake

Now i feel oh so stupid

[Edit]

well here's the story on slashdot at least:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/08/1539229&tid=97
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-05-08, 4:14 PM #4
weird... it doesnt work if I click on it... but if you copy and paste the link it should work
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-08, 7:35 PM #5
*drools* mmm...Narnia
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-05-08, 7:39 PM #6
Here's the official site for the movie for those who are interested:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/lb_main.html

I still fondly remember the BBC version, although obviously the special effects won't hold up against this. I just hope they get the story and character's right. Any work of C.S. Lewis is too beautiful to be senselessly butchered for the mere sake of accomadating a modern audience.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-08, 7:41 PM #7
Looks like crap. I'm a big fan of the books and I already noticed something wrong just from looking at the trailer. Plus the kid cast looks crappy and everything else looks like it was dulled down for kiddies. I hope it doesn't suck.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-05-08, 7:43 PM #8
>.>
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-08, 8:15 PM #9
I pretty much hated the books...the movie looks interesting but I'm not all that excited about it.
Warhead[97]
2005-05-08, 8:49 PM #10
Disney sure is funding quite a few classic book movies as of late.
D E A T H
2005-05-08, 11:50 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Looks like crap. I'm a big fan of the books and I already noticed something wrong just from looking at the trailer. Plus the kid cast looks crappy and everything else looks like it was dulled down for kiddies. I hope it doesn't suck.

It was WRITTEN for children.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-05-09, 12:01 AM #12
I'm not seeing anything new...
2005-05-09, 12:14 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I'm a big fan of the books and I already noticed something wrong just from looking at the trailer.

Care to elaborate?
2005-05-09, 2:16 AM #14
I remember seeing what must have been the BCC version, when I was in 4th grade, I think. I've forgotten most of it. Infact, the only thing I remember is how they get to Narnia, thanks to a reference from Family Guy.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!