Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Check out this monster AMD heatsink...
Check out this monster AMD heatsink...
2005-05-08, 10:11 PM #1
...on my eBay auction! Seriously, this is pretty cheap. Any idea what it costs to ship a huge slab of copper and aluminum? And I give you a fan.

Edit: There should probably be a rule to stop me from spamming eBay auctions. I WAS going to post them all at once when they were all up...but that's not fun.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-05-08, 10:24 PM #2
Mine's bigger.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-05-08, 10:57 PM #3
I actually have the same one you do, the 90mm all copper Zalman, right? I won this at a LAN party and am selling it. It's actually a better heatsink if I recall. Much more efficient design, although not as big so it might not outperform it without a fast fan.
2005-05-09, 5:48 PM #4
Ah damn, if I had the $$ I'd go for it.

Sadly, I'm broke as ***.
D E A T H
2005-05-09, 6:36 PM #5
My friend has a HUGE heatsink from Thermaltake...

It's got two fans on it, and they run parallel to the CPU, as opposed to perpendicular like this and most other heatsinks. There's more copper in that heatsink than all the pennies in my grandpa's piggy bank.
2005-05-09, 6:39 PM #6
Id rather have one of these babies... ;)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-05-09, 6:43 PM #7
I am quite happy with my Thermalright XP-120 ;)
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-05-09, 7:02 PM #8
XP-120...nice. Last I checked the highest performing air cooler was either the XP-120 or one of Cooler Master's tower designs.
2005-05-09, 9:23 PM #9
Ahh yes, with this fan , it works quite nice. I never go above 40 celsius full load and cpu running at 2.5 ghz ;) (939 3200+) It is a bit loud, but thats what my A500's and Sunbeam fan controller are for :D
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-05-11, 2:07 AM #10
Well its different... I think its the biggest I have seen. Oh well the only ones I have seen are the Pentium ones. I know cause of my college compuing (boredom) course.
'Its worth it all in the end when We Are On The Other Side Of The Moon and thats good enoguh for me"

↑ Up to the top!