Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Man survives six nails driven into head
Man survives six nails driven into head
2004-05-05, 5:27 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/05/05/nailed.skull.ap/index.html

Now that's just messed up!!!

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-05-05, 5:28 PM #2
and usualy you get annoyed after the first one

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-05-05, 5:31 PM #3
Holy crap. it went INTO his brain..how did he survive 0_o

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-05-05, 5:32 PM #4
If he lives much longer he's gonna be as dumb as a brick.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-05, 5:46 PM #5
He is really lucky. Those nails barely missed his brain stem. You can live without a lot of the other stuff in your brain, but that controls your most basic functions.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-05-05, 5:49 PM #6
Poor guy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-05-05, 5:53 PM #7
Lucky indeed

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-05, 6:10 PM #8
ow...

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

New! Fireworks T-shirts!
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-05-05, 6:12 PM #9
Nail guns are bad mmmkay?

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-05-05, 7:26 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
That guy has a lot of fillings.

</font>

So much mercury...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-05, 9:57 PM #11
several years ago, my father accidentally shot a 3" nail into his ankle with a nail gun, effectively attaching his boot to his foot. The doctors had a fun time trying to get that out

------------------

New! Fireworks T-shirts!

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-05-06, 2:53 AM #12
Not so much "OW" to that guy though, the moment the first nail got through he passed out.

he's got one mad luck.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-06, 3:01 AM #13
I dunno if he's lucky or not... he's lucky that he lives but the amount of brain damage that is gonna cause is really gonna mess up his life.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-06, 4:04 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Katt:
ow...

</font>

No sig.
2004-05-06, 4:16 AM #15
I don't think he was very lucky, what with getting those nails driven into his brain in the first place.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-05-06, 4:28 AM #16
lucky would've been falling onto a nice soft money bush or something. falling onto a guy with a nail gun isn't lucky no matter what happens.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-05-06, 4:39 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
I dunno if he's lucky or not... he's lucky that he lives but the amount of brain damage that is gonna cause is really gonna mess up his life.

</font>

I believe they stated in the article that he's gonna make a full recovery.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-05-06, 4:49 AM #18
Okay, I can see the co-worker accidentally shooting one nail into his head...but six?! It's not like they're machine guns where you hold the trigger down and they keep comming out until you release it. You have to press it each time AND there's ussually a good one sec pause between each fire. Meh, don't have a penand paper handy, I'll figure out later how high they would of had to of been when they colided for the co-worker to get all 6 shots in before they hit the ground...

------------------
Try not, do; or do not.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-05-06, 5:00 AM #19
I use a high powered nail-gun for scene-props, and yes. They're just like machine-guns. There's a 3 second pause between it, but I can lock the trigger into place and in succession plant up to 12 nails into a board until I need to disengage and re-pull the trigger. Although some nailguns don't have locking mechanisms, they do jam quite easily, and will dispense about 4 or 5 nails repeatedly until it jams up completelly.

I've shot myself in the thumb a year or so ago, but I ended up just fine.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-06, 5:46 AM #20
I remember having staple gun wars when I was helping out with the scenery construction for the school plays in high school. We were usually far enough away from each other that the staples didnt even pierce the skin though.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud
2004-05-06, 5:53 AM #21
Ow.... now I have a headache.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-05-06, 5:55 AM #22
nail guns are incredibly dangerous if you don't know what youre doing.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-06, 6:00 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
I remember having staple gun wars when I was helping out with the scenery construction for the school plays in high school. We were usually far enough away from each other that the staples didnt even pierce the skin though.</font>
There was a girl at my school who got a staple in her eye as a result of something similar to this (at least according to a teacher).

But anyway, this story reminds me of another story where a guy fell off a ladder and landed on a drill that ran into his eye, and actually pushed his brain aside instead of going through it - and he never lost consciousness. That would suck far more.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-06, 8:06 AM #24
After reading that, I feel like I'm going to vomit.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-05-06, 8:18 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:

</font>

Aside from what JudgeDredd said, the nails don't seem to be anywhere that'd effect his personality, possibily some memory. It's amazing how well your brain can recover.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-06, 8:49 AM #26
The nails peirced; they're not like bullets. I imagine, unless they wiggled around a lot, there wouldn't be anything that couldn't be fixed, since it isn't likely too much tissue was actually removed by the nails. It's all still there, the brain just has to heal.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited May 06, 2004).]
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-05-06, 11:52 AM #27
I thought the nervous system was unable to repair itself.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."

National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-06, 11:52 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
After reading that, I feel like I'm going to vomit.

</font>

Would you like me to find the X-ray so you can see it? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-06, 12:06 PM #29
Meh, I'm posting it anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
[http://www.sierrasun.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SS&Date=20030827&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=308270101&Ref=AR&MaxW=550&title=1]

And the article.
This is actually older news, which is why I'm not starting a new thread for it (tempting as it may be).
It just reminded me of this article.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited May 06, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-06, 12:25 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr:
I remember having staple gun wars when I was helping out with the scenery construction for the school plays in high school. We were usually far enough away from each other that the staples didnt even pierce the skin though.</font>
There was a girl at my school who got a staple in her eye as a result of something similar to this (at least according to a teacher).

But anyway, this story reminds me of another story where a guy fell off a ladder and landed on a drill that ran into his eye, and actually pushed his brain aside instead of going through it - and he never lost consciousness. That would suck far more.

[/b]

that guy did lose consciousness. later, during surgery, they couldn't easily pull the drill bit out, so they had to slowly unscrew it...

eek.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-05-06, 12:45 PM #31
The writing is bad in that.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">He made his first public appearance Wednesday since the April 19 accident that left him with 3 1/2-inch nails embedded in his face, neck and skull.</font>

When I read that, it looked like it said only 3 were put in his head originally, and then it said 6 at the top. Had to read it to realize that 3 are going to be in there forever.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-05-06, 1:18 PM #32
No, you still read it wrong. The nails themselves are 3.5 inches long, and there were six of them.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.

[This message has been edited by Vincent Valentine (edited May 06, 2004).]
2004-05-06, 1:42 PM #33
When will people learn NOT to play arund with powertools?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-05-07, 5:52 AM #34
Do I even want to read this article?
Ah, I'm going to anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
What did I ever do to you?
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2004-05-07, 7:01 AM #35
I bet that guy would freak out if he saw someone playing a game of Quake MP.

"WTF? I shot that guy in the head with the nailgun 6 times and he isn't dead! Turn ur hacks off u freaking cheater!"

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited May 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited May 07, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-05-07, 2:26 PM #36
That cant feel good.

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!