Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What the hell is happening to me?
What the hell is happening to me?
2004-05-06, 2:01 PM #1
I've been feeling s***ty all day, with a headache that just won't quit, I feel tired enough to go to sleep practically anywhere, and I have a slightly sore throat that temporarily goes away when I gargle with listerine, but comes back again.

I took some tylenol this morning, which got rid of the headache for a few hours, now it's back again.the bad news is that I can't take any more tylenol today from what it said on the bottle.

I don't think its a cold b/c its the wrong time of year for it, I think its more like allergies. If so, every flowering plant will feel my wrath. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

does anyone else have any experience with these symptoms and what I can do to get rid of them?

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 06, 2004).]
2004-05-06, 2:05 PM #2
Pfft, take NyQuil and all will be well.
2004-05-06, 2:06 PM #3
The quickest way to get rid of those symptoms is to get away from the computer and especially massassi and consult your pharmacist or doctor.
2004-05-06, 2:08 PM #4
Allergies are interesting. I think I've gotten a super bad case of them for the first time, but the effects on me are just confined to the stupid bloody nose. (Bloody as in the english form of bloody, not my nose bleeding)

My sinuses have been clogged worse than a public toilet for the past two weeks.. and it's just now starting to let up.

As for you.. can't help you. Just gotta live with it. Although if you can, try to avoid going outside. I find that when I spend the entire day inside, the symptomes start to get better, then I step outside and my nose goes all "AAIEE! Incoming pollen, all directions! Evasive manuvers!! I can't dodge them, capt'n! There's too many of em!"

Ect.

Edit- Run- Why go consult a stupid expensive doctor when you've got Dr. Massassi to help?

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.

[This message has been edited by happydud (edited May 06, 2004).]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-06, 2:11 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
What the hell is happening to me?</font>

Id say your conscience is catching up to you.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-05-06, 2:19 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I don't think its a cold b/c its the wrong time of year for it, I think its more like allergies. If so, every flowering plant will feel my wrath. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

There's no wrong time of year for a cold or the flu.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-06, 2:33 PM #7
Menopause?

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-06, 2:35 PM #8
sounds like mono

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-05-06, 2:40 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
Menopause?</font>

That could be it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-05-06, 2:53 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:
sounds like mono

</font>

Do you have a fever? Swollen tonsils, maybe some white patches on them? Possibly pain in the top left area of the abdomen (your spleen is if you know anatomy)?

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-06, 4:30 PM #11
Sounds like an STD to me...

But that just defies logic since it's Pagewizard
2004-05-06, 4:39 PM #12
Sounds almost like strep throat. Trust me on this one, I come down with strep at least once every year, usually mid-January. But, as stated before, it could me mono, which I guess has similar symptoms.

------------------
"I sound like angry chickens, or maybe a space robot."
-Les Claypool of Primus
2004-05-06, 4:43 PM #13
Probably just a bug. Get some bed-rest.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-06, 4:46 PM #14
Where is your headache? How are your eyes faring?

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-05-06, 4:56 PM #15
Why dont you try sleeping

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-05-06, 5:59 PM #16
Both strep throat and mono need medical attention. If your symptoms don't go away within the next couple of days, go see a doctor.

------------------
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
2004-05-06, 8:08 PM #17
I'm already feeling a little better, so I doubt that it's mono. I've been eating everything I can find that's edible, and the more I eat, the better I feel. I've also been drinking liberal ammounts of water as well, at least 12 glasses today. It's probably just a little cold or something-- Its likely going to have its a** kicked by this time tomorrow by my immune system. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-07, 12:46 PM #18
It's puberty, I've been feeling like that for the last four years [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Gandalv the Gray, recieving bans for Christmas since December 2001
No signature for you.
2004-05-07, 3:11 PM #19
It's a cold. I just got over the same thing (and still am, somewhat).

For the sore throat, get Cepacol Sore Throat Spray. It tastes good, and after a few moments, you're throat and mouth will be completely numb. No joke.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-07, 3:13 PM #20
I think it's puberty. Or cancer. One or the other.
2004-05-07, 4:01 PM #21
This morning, I felt like i was at 10% health or whatever, now I'm up to about 80%.

GBK: I highly doubt that it's my conscience. I learned how to ignore that little pr!ck years ago. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 07, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!