Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I have strep throat...
I have strep throat...
2005-05-09, 7:12 PM #1
I just got back from the medical clinic... and I have strep throat. This sucks balls. Whats worse is I have to insurance so I had to pay full price, which was about $170. Not TOO bad if ask me, but still not as good as a $25 co-pay would've been.

I had been waiting for this sore throat to go away, but then my tonsils got swollen real bad and that prompted the visit.

Oh well, much love goes out to my chloroseptic spray... numby goodness.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-05-09, 7:15 PM #2
You see, Strep throat sucks. But since I'm Canadian, I don't have to pay for somebody to stick a cotton swab in my throat.

I had it a few monthes ago, get well soon!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-09, 7:30 PM #3
After reading this I realized something...I've never taken medicine when I've had strep throat. My doctor always told me to wait it out...of course this doctor isn't very good....
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-05-09, 7:32 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
But since I'm Canadian, I don't have to pay for somebody to stick a cotton swab in my throat.

Yay! Me too!
Anyways, get well soon, bud.
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-09, 7:32 PM #5
poor JD. :(
2005-05-09, 7:49 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
After reading this I realized something...I've never taken medicine when I've had strep throat. My doctor always told me to wait it out...of course this doctor isn't very good....

Yeah, I got some kind of penicillen in the form of a liquid which doesn't taste too bad. Sucks cause I have to take it three times a day for ten days. :(
2005-05-10, 8:09 AM #7
Is it hard to eat?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-10, 2:32 PM #8
Not really, I just had some soup and crackers and didn't have any problems. The main annoyance is the fact that my tonsils are so big they nearly gag me and cause me to throw up. This blows.
2005-05-10, 5:14 PM #9
Or if you don't chew properly, you'll blow:P
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-05-10, 6:44 PM #10
I had strep throat like six times when i was in third grade. They were going to have my tonsils out but decided not to.
2005-05-10, 7:33 PM #11
It's a little bit better now. I think the main thing I'm worried about is making sure I don't catch it again. They said it's really easy to pick it up off something again once you've gotten rid of it. So while I'm sick I'm constantly using new cups, washing clothes, just generally cleaning up a lot. I had to get a new toothbrush, and while I'm sick I'm gonna be rinsing it in Hydrogen Peroxide before each use.

Ugh... time to go take the medicine... at least it doesn't taste bad.
2005-05-10, 8:04 PM #12
Heh, I just looked at my throat in the mirror again. It's not as bad as it was before, but still... look at your throat in the mirror and picture your tonsils swollen enough to be about a centimeter away from touching each other... maybe even a little less. When I was gargling water after brushing my teeth, it sounded like one of those fish tank air bubblers. :D *bubblebubblebubblebubblebubblebubble*

Anyways, I found another can of chicken noodle soup, so this shouldn't be too bad.
2005-05-11, 3:12 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red

That's because they treat it with antibiotics and if they can avoid prescribing antibiotics it better for you in the long run. Keeps their effectiveness up.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-11, 12:04 PM #14
:( I hope you feel better.
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*

↑ Up to the top!