Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Academy Levels to Play...
Jedi Academy Levels to Play...
2005-05-10, 4:18 AM #1
Hey guys, considering the rather spread out nature of the JA community and the lack of weekly updates to most main mod sites, it's really hard to get a good feel for what levels are the best that JA has to offer. So far I'm looking to play...

Dark forces demo
Nina part 1 and 2
Deception
Syndicate
Tournament of iesayu
Vengeance of the sith
Escape from yavin IV
Enter the dark lord demo
Team Correllia Cutscenes

Anything I've forgotten or overlooked?
2005-05-10, 4:56 AM #2
JA has something to offer?

SINCE WHEN?
2005-05-10, 6:24 AM #3
Duel Dustbowl
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-05-10, 6:58 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
JA has something to offer?

SINCE WHEN?

Obviously, you are not looking hard enough.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-10, 7:44 AM #5
In the way of Sp levels I tihnk you've named them all, for Mp, it depends on what kinda gameplay you feel like. Some maps are only good for vehicle fighting (Naboo Hills) while other are good for saber fights (theres hardly any servers that run proper deathmatch) or gunfights (theres even less).
nope.
2005-05-10, 7:45 AM #6
That's when i break out the JO levels remade for JA.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-05-10, 7:49 AM #7
Hardly anyone plays it anymore but JO's Bespin ffa > *.
nope.
2005-05-10, 7:53 AM #8
No way man, Ffa Nar Shadaa is sweet like shaolin ninjas.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-05-10, 8:01 AM #9
Except the gameplay on most servers blow. Most of the time, people just sit around and whine/talk like 6 year olds on most FFA servers.

JA gameplay just isn't very good. But I think this place discussed that long enough.
2005-05-10, 8:15 AM #10
Zues Academy Ladder is quite fun
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2005-05-10, 8:27 AM #11
Like Rob, I didn't know that there were more than 3 decent SP levels for JA. The community for that game amounts to a handful of people.

The DF mod is obviously on top, but I feel bad that it is in production for an audience that has diminished.
2005-05-10, 8:29 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by JDKNITE188
Like Rob, I didn't know that there were more than 3 decent SP levels for JA. The community for that game amounts to a handful of people.

There are a few Ok sp levels for the game, they're just not often released. The comunity isn't exactly huge but it is a decent size, the problem is it's filled with 12 year olds or people looking for a chat room.
nope.
2005-05-10, 10:26 AM #13
There seems to be two JA communities. There's the more mature community side (Massassi, LucasForums, Map Review) which is pretty much the remnants of the old JK community. Then there's the childish wankers who hang around on JK2Files and PCGameMods.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-10, 10:31 AM #14
Although PcGamemods wasn't really like that until Eldritch and Kengo (the Jka admins) left the site, now its just riddles with idiots. Jk2files is less childish... And I'm hoping we can add Piggott's Vader Level to that Sp thing soon. (Hint Hint).
nope.
2005-05-10, 10:41 AM #15
Heh. It's already on there. I think TheIntellectual played one of the public betas.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-10, 5:19 PM #16
I've played Vengence of the Sith and I thought it was pretty good. Some spelling errors here and there, but other than that, decent storyline and has a somewhat cinematic feel to it.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-05-10, 5:23 PM #17
You could play this level...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5012

<.<
2005-05-10, 6:32 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
You could play this level...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5012

<.<

Aww. You never submitted that to Massassi. :(
2005-05-10, 6:35 PM #19
I thought I did but they never posted it!
2005-05-10, 6:38 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
I thought I did but they never posted it!

Seeing as the description starts off, "An Imperial moff secretly travels to the lowest levels of Coruscant to satisfy his lusty desires" ..... I'm not surprised! :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-11, 4:55 AM #21
Here are some real suggestions instead of empty chatter:

Crash on Tatooine by Mercenary.

And Imperial Outposts by Eike Legien:
Part1,
Part2, and
Part3

Hmm... Can't think of many other SP levels you wouldn't have mentioned already...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-05-11, 5:46 AM #22
I was horrified when Sine Nomen's Nar map was wiped out by a hard drive crash . . . it would have been so awesome!
2005-05-11, 8:45 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by JDKNITE188
I was horrified when Sine Nomen's Nar map was wiped out by a hard drive crash . . . it would have been so awesome!

*gasp*
Didn' he work on that for like a year?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-05-14, 2:08 AM #24
Okay, so I'm playing Vengeance of the Sith right.... how the HELL do I get past the room in the sith temple with the exploding floor and reborn in the middle? I noclipped through that portion.... is there a trick to making it to the reborn and the teleporter? Later in the mod, in the fight against Telroth in the mainframe, where do I get my lightsaber at? Telroth even mentions that he wants me to have my lightsaber, so why is it so freaking hard to find?

↑ Up to the top!