Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Racer. Anyone?
Racer. Anyone?
2004-05-06, 6:26 PM #1
I just recently dusted off my copy of Episode I: Racer, and forgotten how much fun it is to play, IMHO. But I've never had the privilege of playing it online with other people. So, does anyone that has a copy (if you don't, I'm sure they're about $10 by now), and wants to play online, maybe discuss it here and hold a Podracer event this Sunday. Someone could post their IP address, and several guys (or girls) could join in.

I'm sure with today's cable/DSL connections, Windows XP/Linux OS's, and 2+ GHZ machines this game should run virtually lag free....

So c'mon, LET'S RACE!

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-05-06, 6:34 PM #2
i thought the game's MP was LAN only

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-06, 6:34 PM #3
Don't have it, but I always loved playing it with my friends on the N64. Good times. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-06, 6:35 PM #4
The only good way to play that was at the arcade I thought, where you sit down and do it. I use to cream my friend on Tatooine and get first place all the time, cause I knew that level with my eyes closed.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-05-06, 6:38 PM #5
No, I've played it once simply by entering the host's IP address. Back then I had a 200MHZ snail of a machine. Today, I have a 1GHZ with cable connection. Should work great...

------------------

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>

2004-05-06, 6:39 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snake-Eyes:
No, I've played it once simply by entering the host's IP address. Back then I had a 200MHZ snail of a machine. Today, I have a 1GHZ with cable connection. Should work great...

So let's forget the arcade version, and concentrate on the PC version, please?
</font>

------------------

2004-05-06, 6:40 PM #7
Yeah, I'm sure the netcode is something similar to the way Jedi Knight is set up.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-06, 6:52 PM #8
if i ever find a copy i might pick it up

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-06, 10:02 PM #9
The arcade version was a different game entirely I think, and was developed by SEGA.

Racer was fun, but it would have been a lot better if had taken more than a couple of days to beat it on the hardest level (including all the bonus races).

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud
2004-05-06, 10:37 PM #10
I had it fot N64 and I enjoyed it.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-07, 1:02 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I had it fot N64 and I enjoyed it.

</font>

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-07, 2:12 AM #12
So, no one's interested in playing on Sunday?

------------------

2004-05-07, 4:58 AM #13
Hm, I would but I don't have a copy...:/

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-07, 5:16 AM #14
I have it. Of course I have a 28k connection too..

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-05-07, 5:54 AM #15
I would, but I'm on 56k in a different timezone
2004-05-07, 8:31 AM #16
I miss pod racer. I think I'll head to EB and find a copy in the discount bin.

------------------
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2004-05-07, 5:29 PM #17
that was one awesome game to play at my friend's house back when. I love how the control felt so...smooth. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2004-05-07, 7:42 PM #18
F-Zero GX was what this game should have been.
2004-05-08, 12:59 AM #19
So, no one can play... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

↑ Up to the top!