Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → FF7 Pc
FF7 Pc
2005-05-10, 6:59 PM #1
My girlfriend has expressed an interest in trying out some of my more favorite games.

FF7 was the first one that came to mind. I've made her sit through me playing OoT and parts of earthbound and Z:LttP before. Since I don't own any type of playstation anymore, she's never seen FF7 before. I have it on the pc installed and cracked because it was a friends copy but I'm interested in picking up a copy for her.

I would prefer to get a playstation and FF7, because I believe that's the best way to play it. Unfortunatly I don't have the money for that so I'm going with the pc version as the next best solution.

The only place I checked is amazon, and it's going for $55 USED. I think that's effin' stupid, so I'm looking for someone to suggest a better place (I'm not super online-retailer savvy so I don't know who's reputable and where to find good prices). EITHER that or if someone has a copy they wanna sell for dirt cheap I may be interested and might even pay shipping if the price is right.

Any help?

to make this a legit discussion topic, check out these!
New Advent Children screens

High Res character patch for ff7 pc (replaces the dorky looking 8-poly models with high-res ones similiar to the battle models)

High Screen Res patch (allows you to play the pc version at a higher resolution)

Bear in mind both of those patches aren't official or 100% working yet. But are neat if you're a dork like me.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-10, 7:02 PM #2
Pawn shops have playstations and FF7 for cheap cheap cheap
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-10, 7:03 PM #3
I've thought about checking the pawn-shops, too. Ideally, a package of a psx, mem card, and ff7 for about 30 bucks would be great. Then I could make her play games like ape escape and intelligent qube too (although IQ goes for like 50 bucks still)
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 7:36 PM #4
I have it, and I would gladly sell it too you (PC version of course). I played it through the first 2 parts, and haven't played it since.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-05-10, 7:37 PM #5
How much are you willing to part with it for?
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 7:38 PM #6
Name a price
2005-05-10, 7:38 PM #7
PMd
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 7:39 PM #8
Have you checked ebay?

Link

That's the best one I found after half a second of searching.

If all else fails you could buy the Playstation version and use an emulator.

...come to think of it, I used to have it... where did it go?
2005-05-10, 7:50 PM #9
That's odd because the PC game I have only has 4 disc's.. and I'm not missing one.
2005-05-10, 7:52 PM #10
it's from singapore, not sure how trustworthy it is....especially if they're claiming 5 discs and I know for a fact also that it's only 4 for the pc version.
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 7:58 PM #11
Also, get a PS1/2 to USB controller adapter. MUCH CHEAPER. I'd say extremely useful for classic gaming too.

Only a few bucks at radio shack or some such place. And if you get ePSXe, your gaming will be closer to the PS1 version, which is a good thing IMHO. Hate the MIDIs on the PC version.

And damnit, Chris, get on AIM once in a while.

:mad:
D E A T H
2005-05-10, 7:59 PM #12
There's a patch for the pc version that plays the midis using a codec that accuratly mimics the psx one just fyi. Definetly looking into a controller adapter as I'm planning on moving my classic gaming equipment to a dedicated emulation machine to save space.
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 8:00 PM #13
Mine had 4 too... that was simply the cheapest one I saw on the first results page.
2005-05-10, 8:01 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
There's a patch for the pc version that plays the midis using a codec that accuratly mimics the psx one just fyi. Definetly looking into a controller adapter as I'm planning on moving my classic gaming equipment to a dedicated emulation machine to save space.

I have one. Lemme tell you, it's the only controller that I could ever see using to play the classic SNES/NES games.
D E A T H
2005-05-10, 8:01 PM #15
[http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/8d/66/34_1_b.JPG]

Not to mention it says it's from EA .
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-05-10, 8:03 PM #16
EA published the pc version
that's why it's a crappy port that needs about 6 user-made mods to make it playable.
but my g/f wouldn't know the difference so it's no biggy.
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 8:05 PM #17
Eidos made the PC version, but then I think EA bought them out.
2005-05-10, 8:05 PM #18
you're right, my bad heh
</sarcasm>
2005-05-10, 8:48 PM #19
I have the Eidos version.
2005-05-10, 8:48 PM #20
That's the one I had.
2005-05-11, 1:32 AM #21
I have he disk righ here, i's been in my lapop for a year.

I got it off ebay though. 30 bucks :P
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!