Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Today in the World.
Today in the World.
2004-05-07, 7:34 AM #1
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/05/07/world/iraq_rums_abuse040507

I find this quite sad.

------------------
The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself.
2004-05-07, 7:45 AM #2
It happens. the soldiers that did this were *******s, and i'm glad to see that Rumsfeld is man enough to take the heat for it.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited May 07, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-07, 8:04 AM #3
Surprising that anyone in his position would step up like that. Wow.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
HTP
babble, babble, b!tch, b!tch, rebel, rebel, party, party.
2004-05-07, 9:32 AM #4
Heh, I like the hecklers shouting "Fire Rumsfield!" as if he had anything to do with the abuse. Sure, he may have tried to stifle media coverage of it, but who wouldnt? It's awful publicity for a fairly internationally unpopular war. Like Bush and Rumsfield have said, the soldiers have let down their country and have given the opponents of the Coalition in Iraq more reason to hate what we're doing over there.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-05-07, 11:41 AM #5
I wouldn't. There are plenty of people, myself for instance, who are quite mad over the fact that they covered it up. The awful publicity would probably not have been as bad is it is right now if they had just come foreth with it.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-05-07, 4:51 PM #6
I hope the people that did the abuse to the prisoners get well acquainted with a cell mate named Bubba.

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-07, 4:56 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
I hope the people that did the abuse to the prisoners get well acquainted with a cell mate named Bubba.

</font>

Which, ironically enough, is the problem. There is this little thinga-mabob called human rights. Ever heard of it?

------------------
The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself.
2004-05-07, 4:59 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Evad:
Surprising that anyone in his position would step up like that. Wow.

</font>

Oh, yes. Simply amazing that there are actually people left in this world with some moral. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-05-07, 4:59 PM #9
They will get court marshalled, dishonorably discharged, and then most likely incarcerated for a long time. What they did turned a bad public relations situation into a horrible one, and abused human beings to boot. They will be suitable punished. And Rumsfeld will not go easy on them, i'm sure, after he had to do all this.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-05-07, 5:00 PM #10
The thing is, politions are not known for thier moral fiber.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-05-07, 5:25 PM #11
Rumsfeld has always had the appearence of a weasle to me. Consequently, no matter how hard I try, I can never seem to trust a damn thing he says.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-05-07, 5:40 PM #12
This abuse stuff is obviously going to affect the average Iraqi civillian's view on Americans in a negative way. Just what we need.
2004-05-08, 4:56 AM #13
Not even just politicians. Most people in a position like his, the top, would not take the blame for someone at the bottom. When in fact, management is to blame for almost all problems within an organization, political (public) or private.

I'm just surprised that anyone in his position and with his experience would make such a statement.
It's good to see.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
HTP
babble, babble, b!tch, b!tch, rebel, rebel, party, party.

↑ Up to the top!