Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your Favourite model of Terminator
Your Favourite model of Terminator
2005-05-11, 2:56 PM #1
First off, I'm a big Terminator fan.

My favourite is the T-1000, with the T-800 in a close second. The T-1000 is so cool b/c it is the best infiltrator, and is nearly indestructible (provided that you don't have a vat of molten steel nearby) I personally think that the T-1000 could have kicked the T-X's a**, even though the T-X is supposed to be stronger. The T-x was defeated with a mere explosion from a T-800 power cell. Without the liquid metal covering, the T-X isn't that much more powerful than a T-850 is, from a viewers standpoint. On the other hand, you could blast away at a T-1000 all day, and even shoot grenades into it and you wouldn't even damage it at all.

The T-800 is the most interesting appearance-wise, and the fact that it has living tissue makes it more intresting. It's skeletal appearance (when the chassis is fully exposed) reminds its victims of their own mortality, something that the other models can't really pull off.
2005-05-11, 3:04 PM #2
T-800, arnie > *
2005-05-11, 3:07 PM #3
Robert Patrick > Arnie
nope.
2005-05-11, 3:07 PM #4
Quite surprised you made seperate entries for T-800 and T-850. I mean, the differences are so small who really cares? The movie doesn't even go into detail about it.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-11, 3:11 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Quite surprised you made seperate entries for T-800 and T-850. I mean, the differences are so small who really cares? The movie doesn't even go into detail about it.

I found out the differences at eterminator.com mostly out of curiousity (the site has been down for a while, too bad) and the main difference between the T-800 and the T-850 (according to the backstory) is that the T-850 has better armour to make it plasma-resistant (as the human resistance began salvaging more plasma weapons as the war went on, the old t-800s couldn't cut it anymore b/c the stolen plasma weapons damaged them more effectively ) and for some reason, the T-850 has two power cells while the T-800 only has 1.
2005-05-11, 3:11 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
The T-x was defeated with a mere explosion from a T-800 power cell.

A mere power cell that when overloaded was a small nuke?
Pissed Off?
2005-05-11, 3:18 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
A mere power cell that when overloaded was a small nuke?

it did seem like a cheap way to kill the T-X, though...
2005-05-11, 3:25 PM #8
I agree... they should have thought of something cooler. I'll admit that the whole "stuck to the particle accelerator" thing was a good idea, but they needed to use something like that for its death.

Anyways, my favourite is still the T-1000. Once the technology is there, I'm gonna buy a bucket of utility fog and pretend it's a terminator.

BTW, I don't ever remember hearing of the T-600. Which movie was that in?
Stuff
2005-05-11, 3:29 PM #9
While the classic three each have their ups and downs that made this choice difficult for me, I have a soft spot for the T-1000's freedom of shape. While the T-X could theoretically disguise herself as any adult humanoid, the T-1000 could fit through bars, pretend to be the floor, etc. The T-X does have the whole "control over machinery" bit that gives her a heads up, but that only makes the choice difficult.

As for the idea that the T-1000 is more indestructable than the T-X, I disagree. It may not be LESS indestructable (we don't know how the T-X would fair in molten steel), but like someone else said, that "mere power cell" made something like a nuclear explosion, which I'm pretty sure would have taken out the T-1000, though admittedly we don't know for sure either. In any case, the two were designed for different purposes: the T-1000 was simply a "better Terminator" (against humans) and the T-X was meant to take out other Terminators. However, either the T-850's "win" says a lot for the reprogrammed Terminator or the T-X isn't as well-designed as it should be (the nano-bot controlling machines in particular).

I didn't mention much of the Ahnuld variety -- their pros are obvious. Cool-factor. They have old-school power, which is a very strong attribute to consider. Reprogrammed versions go up against both the T-1000 and the T-X and stand their ground well.

Oh yeah, almost chose the T-X because she was hawt too <_<
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-05-11, 3:40 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90

BTW, I don't ever remember hearing of the T-600. Which movie was that in?

none. It is confined to what is more or less the Terminator EU. It had a rubber skin, which was not the best disguise since it stood out pretty easily unless at a distance or in the dark.

eterminator.com tried to explain it this way: Skynet is an intelligence learning from mistakes much like any other intelligence. To skynet, the human anatomy probably is regarded like this: The skeleton is the main chassis that houses the cpu (brain) and other vital components, and the skin is merely flexible insulation to keep the fuel supply (blood) from leaking. B/c of this, skynet did not take much care to make the skin realistic, (since it was regarded as merely a containinment membrane for the skeleton) so humans spotted T-600s really easily. The T-700 series had a rubber skin too, but it was much improved in terms of realism.
2005-05-11, 3:44 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Gebohq
that "mere power cell" made something like a nuclear explosion, which I'm pretty sure would have taken out the T-1000, though admittedly we don't know for sure either.

it would definitely splatter the T-1000 all over the place, but it could probably still put itself back together, unless the blast area was hot enough to ruin it like the molten steel did.
In the steel, the T-1000 metal probably mixed with the steel and formed new alloys that could not form shapes anymore, so it was destroyed/rendered inoperative.

eterminator has a hypothesis: each molecule of the T-1000 is a like a miniture version of the full machine, and each piece has all the data needed for the assembly of the whole T-1000, so no matter how small the pieces are (even broken down to a molecular level) , it could be put back together if the pieces could all find each other.
2005-05-11, 3:46 PM #12
T-X was hot (you get to see a butt crack):p
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-11, 3:56 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Gebohq
(we don't know how the T-X would fair in molten steel),

Arnold said in T2 that the severed T-800 arm would melt in there, so the T-X would probably melt too.
2005-05-11, 5:03 PM #14
In other news, we just moved one step closer to having a real T-1000.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=748180
Stuff
2005-05-11, 5:17 PM #15
Quote:

I'm scared aready:eek:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-11, 5:36 PM #16
But did the self-replicating robots actually create new circuit boards and stuff or did it just create things out of pre-fabricated materials?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-05-12, 1:19 AM #17
The T-1000 was a far superior movie villain to the T-X.

Scared the bejeezers outta me did the T-1000. I think it was the fact it could disguise itself as absolutely anything (as opposed to just other humanoids) coupled with Robert Patrick's incredibly menacing stare.
2005-05-12, 10:04 AM #18
Quote:

Hey, that's kinda like this.

So.....it's all coming true...
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2005-05-12, 10:52 AM #19
There was another Terminator that's not on the list. It was on the 3D ride at Universal. It was some rusty looking brown thing, I haven't actually been on the ride but I've seen pictures.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-12, 10:56 AM #20
I was actually about to say that same thing. It seemed fitting to say it now that I work there.. :rolleyes: it's called the T-70

http://www.exhibitbuilder.net/images/Terminator.jpg

(actually I decided not to work at Terminator 3D cause they said I would't get any hours, so I took Twister instead... :( )
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-05-12, 12:32 PM #21
Asthetically I would say the T-X. Pre-clothes, of course.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-12, 9:36 PM #22
Quote:
The T-1000 was a far superior movie villain to the T-X.

Agreed. I was far too attracted to the T-X to be scared by it. Also, the T-1000's power was simple, yet intimidating. I was more scared of the liquid metal than I was of a flashy gun arm....then again, I was much younger when I saw T2

(Heh, I just watched T2 on TV a couple hours ago)
2005-05-12, 10:05 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85
Agreed. I was far too attracted to the T-X to be scared by it.
But doesn't that just makes her all the more dangerous? ;)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-05-12, 10:05 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
none. It is confined to what is more or less the Terminator EU. It had a rubber skin, which was not the best disguise since it stood out pretty easily unless at a distance or in the dark.

It was referenced in the first movie but never seen.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-14, 4:20 AM #25
the T-1000000 from the terminator ride in universal studios. a giant spiderlike equivilent of the t-1000. just send that back and it will easy kill people by drowning them in its body.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-05-14, 4:56 AM #26
Robert Patrick > *
2005-05-14, 11:19 AM #27
The T-1000000 was stupid... it's just a large T-1000.. that's it
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!