Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ok, what is guild wars?...
Ok, what is guild wars?...
2005-05-11, 3:27 PM #1
Well, what I really want to know is, do I have to pay to play? Or I can just download the client, and no fees are ever charged?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-11, 3:33 PM #2
No fees charged, its an mmo, you have to buy the client. Hey, I'm getting good at this one statement summary stuff.
nope.
2005-05-11, 3:38 PM #3
http://www.guildwars.com/
Pissed Off?
2005-05-11, 3:43 PM #4
Can't I download the client? It says I can on the website.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-11, 3:44 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01
Can't I download the client? It says I can on the website.

Yeah, but you have to pay for an access key.

You're best bet is to go and buy the game at a store somewhere.
2005-05-11, 7:44 PM #6
it's really a MSORPG... Massively SinglePlayer Online RPG. hehe

the story is almost single player... but you quest/mission with other real people (or NPC henchmen if you prefer)

i'm addicted. the system is fairly simple but their goal is to make it more playing-skill based rather than "i've put 100000 hours into this so i have l33t items and skillz" ("removing the MMO grind" is how ArenaNet puts it)

well worth $50 if you don't have the $15/month for WoW
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo

↑ Up to the top!