Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → More X-Box 360 info
More X-Box 360 info
2005-05-11, 7:58 PM #1
So MTV is doing a show on it tomorrow night, heres a pic of the final system...I think the controller sucks...

[http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1488407751772606.JPG?0.18785054353555686]
2005-05-11, 8:10 PM #2
It's not THAT much different than the controller-S in appearance. Just more streamlined....

[http://www.totalnextgen.com/e107_images/xbox2/xbox_360_proper.jpg]

That's a slightly better picture of it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-11, 8:18 PM #3
Looks like... a pimped out refrigerator.

And that controller reminds me of Dreamcast.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-05-11, 10:03 PM #4
It's pretty huge, and would be awkward in an entertainment center I would imagine.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-05-11, 10:52 PM #5
I laugh at you people and your silly entertainment centers. For I do not have this problem.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-05-11, 10:56 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
I laugh at you people and your silly entertainment centers. For I do not have this problem.

Thats because you live in a trailer, and your tv is on a milk crate.
2005-05-11, 11:27 PM #7
Notice the camera, near the bottom right.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-05-12, 1:52 AM #8
lol, xbox is HUGE, right?
Attachment: 5051/1105841018813.jpg (39,370 bytes)
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-05-12, 4:38 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by RotM_igotissues
It's pretty huge, and would be awkward in an entertainment center I would imagine.

It stacks up EXACTLY with the X-Box.

Weirdness o_O
D E A T H
2005-05-12, 5:51 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Simbachu

2005-05-12, 7:13 AM #11
heh, it's Ethan's Xbot.

And no, I do not live in a trailer. I live in a house. Yes my TV is small, but I do not care. And no, it does not sit on a milkcrate.
Last Stand
2005-05-12, 8:12 AM #12
I always love how people are like "OMQ that'll never fit in my entertainment center!!!!"

Dude, do you have a dvd player or vcr? They're not exactly the size of jellybeans, you know? The fact that the gamecube is the size of a box of matches doesn't mean the xbox should be too.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-12, 11:36 AM #13
Just thought I'd post this before I go get some lunch.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/607/607265p2.html

They attempted to make a guess as to the size of the Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox by matching up the size of the DVD drives. If they're right, then the 360 could actually be smaller than the Xbox.

Here's the picture for those who don't want to read the article.
Attachment: 5058/xbox360-xbox.jpg (35,959 bytes)
2005-05-12, 2:30 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by spud
Just thought I'd post this before I go get some lunch.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/607/607265p2.html

They attempted to make a guess as to the size of the Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox by matching up the size of the DVD drives. If they're right, then the 360 could actually be smaller than the Xbox.

Here's the picture for those who don't want to read the article.

Supposedly some place has already stacked them up to each other, and they match perfectly.
D E A T H
2005-05-12, 3:09 PM #15
If that's the case, and in either case, I still don't see why people are complaining about how it's "huge". The Xbox is about the size of a VCR (albeit a lot heavier).
2005-05-12, 3:15 PM #16
I still think that it looks purdy.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-05-12, 6:46 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
I always love how people are like "OMQ that'll never fit in my entertainment center!!!!"

Dude, do you have a dvd player or vcr? They're not exactly the size of jellybeans, you know? The fact that the gamecube is the size of a box of matches doesn't mean the xbox should be too.

My god.... Bill said something I completely AGREE with....
Last Stand
2005-05-12, 6:50 PM #18
It looks awesome in every way imaginable, I just want to know how much it will be so I can buy it.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-05-12, 7:29 PM #19
When I said it would be awkward, I wasn't referring to the size. It will look weird, being white, next to all my other black equipment in the entertainment center.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-05-12, 7:38 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by RotM_igotissues
When I said it would be awkward, I wasn't referring to the size. It will look weird, being white, next to all my other black equipment in the entertainment center.

I hate how they made it white.

Personally, I think it looks like crap. I also think that by the time it comes out PC's will once again be pretty much be ahead of it.

But that's just me. I mean, it'll still be fun to play certain games on, but I couldn't see sitting down and playing said FPS just because it looks prettier. Hell, consoles never were about graphics (to me). If you play a console for graphics, you have one ****ty computer ;)

Semi-coherent rant.
D E A T H
2005-05-12, 7:58 PM #21
Wow. It's White. Big deal. The Gamecube was PURPLE. PURPLE. I don't know about you, but White OWNS Purple.

And according to the roughly 15 minutes of decent content on MTV about it, it'll have interchangeable faceplates. At least one of which will be dark.

Jesus... of all the things to complain about the Xbox, you guys CONSISTENTLY pick size, and now color. I find that just slightly retarded. Don't you?
Last Stand
2005-05-12, 8:45 PM #22
The Gamecube came in black.

I think it looks okay.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-05-12, 8:53 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Simbachu
Simbachu, I truly, madly, deeply love you for the picture you posted.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-05-12, 9:25 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by BurrBoy
The Gamecube came in black.

After it came in purple. Correct?

Reguardless. Quite a few people here own a PURPLE console. And you're going to complain about how a White one will clash with your home theater equipment? Gimme a break.
Last Stand
2005-05-12, 9:27 PM #25
Costs way too much.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-12, 9:36 PM #26
Quote:
After it came in purple. Correct?

Reguardless. Quite a few people here own a PURPLE console. And you're going to complain about how a White one will clash with your home theater equipment? Gimme a break.

Nope, it was launched in both black and purple. I got my black one at midnight on launch day, heh.

And I actually watched the special MTV had on the XBox 360. While overall it was incredibly lame, as one would expect a video game special made by MTV to be, it had a few good tidbits of info.

It has a detachable faceplate, and apparently different faceplates will be sold. So if you were incredibly upset about the white, I'm sure you could get a black faceplate and situate it in some way where you couldn't see the sides, heh.

It also did look considerably smaller than the XBox on TV.

That said, the graphics of the game previews they showed weren't anything too impressive I'd say. They really didn't look any better than Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory looks on the Xbox to me. Obviously later titles will look better, but this system (like every other one before it) doesn't look like it will be able to rival any PC games graphics-wise.

Now if they designed the wireless controllers a with lithium-ion battery and some charging system, that would really impress me, but it doesn't look like they did.
2005-05-12, 11:06 PM #27
They did.

The MTV special sucked. Badly. There was literally maybe 15 minutes of decent content, and even that told you very little.

In 15 minutes online, I found more about 10 times more factual information on the 360 than MTV even BEGAN to provide. Most of it (no surprise) was on Xbox360.com
Last Stand
2005-05-13, 3:48 AM #28
That MTV thing represented everything that is possibly wrong with society and gaming, and assured my opinion to never buy a console.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-05-13, 4:17 AM #29
Quote:
Wow. It's White. Big deal. The Gamecube was PURPLE. PURPLE. I don't know about you, but White OWNS Purple.

And according to the roughly 15 minutes of decent content on MTV about it, it'll have interchangeable faceplates. At least one of which will be dark.

Jesus... of all the things to complain about the Xbox, you guys CONSISTENTLY pick size, and now color. I find that just slightly retarded. Don't you?

There's this thing called PERSONAL PREFERENCES.

First--I never complained about the size of the X-Box. It's normal size to me.

Second--I don't own a gamecube.

Third--I don't like the look of the 360.

Jesus, quit complaining because I have my opinions and you have yours. Sometimes you get so annoying with your fanboyism.
D E A T H
2005-05-13, 8:04 AM #30
Yeah... I wasn't even taling directly TO you. You might note that several people now have complained it's white.

And Yoshi, it's not fanboism. It's common sense. It might be your opinion, but you're still complaining about really pointless and trivial things.

("you're" as in a good number of people here)
Last Stand
2005-05-13, 8:32 AM #31
I think a lot of people are forgetting the whole of "third-party accessories". Third parties came out with "skins" for the Xbox, so why wouldn't they do the same kind of thing for the Xbox 360? You could make your own covers for it, if you really wanted to, or buy a coloured face-plate and then make a cover for the rest of the 360 with that colour. Personally, I may not care much for the colour, but it's not like I'd turn myself off buying the console just because of that.

I'm still waiting until I see which games are coming out for the Xbox 360 before I decide whether it's worth the money or not.
2005-05-13, 10:37 AM #32
Can't we all just get along and not argue...
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-05-13, 4:29 PM #33
[http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/05/12/x360_screen001.jpg]

Here's a gamespot article detailing all the specs like wireless internet connection.
2005-05-13, 6:37 PM #34
I must say that I continue to be turned off by the battery pack on the underside of the controller. Though, it might end up being no worse than the memory card buldge on the underside of the Controller-S. meh.
Last Stand
2005-05-13, 6:59 PM #35
whats bothering me the most with you people and this is, ISN'T THERE GOING TO BE 3 VERSIONS OF IT? THEY MIGHT NOT ALL LOOK THE SAME
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-13, 7:41 PM #36
It was talked about and rumored, but I didn't see anything on the Xbox360 site. Then again, I wasn't looking for it.

I dunno. You've spiked my curiosity now. I'll go see what official information I can find.
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!