Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anti-Bush in new Star Wars
Anti-Bush in new Star Wars
2005-05-15, 2:45 PM #1
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20050515/111618582000.html
STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH.
Contains some minor spoilers, just 2 movie lines.

Quote:
Though the plot was written years ago, "the anti-Bush diatribe is clearly there," Engle said.

Quote:
Lucas said he patterned his story after historical transformations from freedom to fascism, never figuring when he started his prequel trilogy in the late 1990s that current events might parallel his space fantasy.

Quote:
Unlike Moore, whose Cannes visit came off like an anybody-but-Bush campaign stop, Lucas never mentioned the president by name but was eager to speak his mind on U.S. policy in Iraq, careful again to note that he created the story long before the Bush-led occupation there.

Quote:
"We were just funding Saddam Hussein and giving him weapons of mass destruction. We didn't think of him as an enemy at that time. We were going after Iran and using him as our surrogate, just as we were doing in Vietnam. ... The parallels between what we did in Vietnam and what we're doing in Iraq now are unbelievable."
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-15, 2:49 PM #2
I'm just going to watch the films and be happy. I couldn't care less about the reasons for going to war any more. I want my friend back from his tour in one piece, and to watch star wars without having to think about iraq. I want to think about lightsabers and black suits of armour.
2005-05-15, 2:54 PM #3
People look way to hard into things like this.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-15, 3:03 PM #4
Jeez... it's like the people that think Zaphod Beeblebrox was supposed to be some type of anti-Bush message... idiots, every one of them.
Stuff
2005-05-15, 3:13 PM #5
Oh yeah, and that Peter Jackson guy was so obviously refering to 9/11 with the second Lord of the Rings title "Two Towers". What a *******! :rolleyes:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-05-15, 3:21 PM #6
GUYS, LUCAS HIMSELF IS QUOTED IN THE ARTICLE SPEAKING ABOUT THE SIMILARITIES AND SAY THEY ARE PURELY IRONIC.

Christ read the thing before making judgements.
2005-05-15, 4:37 PM #7
... THRAWN that's exactly what we're saying...

2005-05-15, 4:48 PM #8
I'm not sure how I feel about portman with a shaved head.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-05-15, 5:30 PM #9
The_Mega_ZZTer, well with some of the responses it looks more like they aren't believing it, just like last week when I said that parents were not "happy" with it and everyone wasl ike "OMG LIEK IT DOES NOT SAY THAT!" and it did right in the article.
2005-05-15, 5:46 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Z@NARDI

She looks weird, very weird. Any potential hotness has been reduced to null.
2005-05-15, 5:55 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Z@NARDI

Perhaps the real "anti-bush in Star Wars" is her new shaving fetish... >_>
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-15, 6:03 PM #12
Hoorey for vague correlations.
2005-05-15, 6:06 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
I'm just going to watch the films and be happy. I couldn't care less about the reasons for going to war any more. I want my friend back from his tour in one piece, and to watch star wars without having to think about iraq. I want to think about lightsabers and black suits of armour.

Word
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
People look way to hard into things like this.

Up.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-05-15, 6:27 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
GUYS, LUCAS HIMSELF IS QUOTED IN THE ARTICLE SPEAKING ABOUT THE SIMILARITIES AND SAY THEY ARE PURELY IRONIC.

Christ read the thing before making judgements.

I'm not sure who you were speaking to but if it was aimed at me, you do realize that my post was sarcasm, right?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-05-15, 6:32 PM #15
No. Sorry, hard to tell sarcasm in typing :p
2005-05-15, 6:44 PM #16
I think she looks great with a shaved head.
2005-05-15, 7:13 PM #17
Due to the recent posts, my mind went to the dark side on many occasions.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-05-15, 7:17 PM #18
Bald chicks get no love.
2005-05-15, 7:17 PM #19
About the only thing I get out of that article is the reiteration that Lucas is, unfortunately, a loon.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-15, 11:08 PM #20
Oh no. He not a big fan of "your guy" or his agenda :(
Even worse, it seems like he comes from a blue-state too ...But his movie is released by 20th Century FOX! Oh, what a moral dilemma!

Quick, inform and rally the faithful masses at freerepublic.com. Start a new Boston Tea Party where you fling Lucasfilm merchandise into the Pacific! :p
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-05-16, 8:01 AM #21
There's no moral dilema and it doesn't bother me who or what he supports. He's just crazy, that's all. I still like his movies, though, even he wants to imagine some similarities with current events.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-16, 8:03 AM #22
Hahahahaha.

Taking things too seriously, part anyone-who-matters-doesn't-care.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-16, 6:58 PM #23
Breaking News!!!!!
Wars have similarities!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."

↑ Up to the top!