Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tonight's Family Guy
Tonight's Family Guy
2005-05-16, 1:24 PM #41
Although I love the simpsons still and always will, I'll have to admit that both Homer, and The Simpsons, have become very very predictable. You know homer's going to say/do something stupid, and you can pretty much guess what it's going to be somewhat..

FG is different, everything's so random. Stuff doesnt even make sense half the time, but it's hilarious. Thats one of the genious' of the show.
2005-05-16, 1:30 PM #42
Quote:
That's the point...have you ever seen Family Guy before?

Yes, I've seen the other episode with the chicken. I just would rather they were original instead of rehashing old jokes.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2005-05-16, 1:34 PM #43
YOu've gotta be the only one I'v eheard so far that complained about that, both my gf and myself LOVED that part. HIlarious IMO.
2005-05-16, 1:37 PM #44
It isn't an old joke, the fight originally ended with the chicken STILL ALIVE and showing he is gonna get revenge. Just like this time it showed the chicken still alive. I am sure there are lots of shows with jokes reused over and over.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-16, 1:37 PM #45
I'm sorry. I'll lower my standards.
2005-05-16, 1:45 PM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
It isn't an old joke, the fight originally ended with the chicken STILL ALIVE and showing he is gonna get revenge. Just like this time it showed the chicken still alive. I am sure there are lots of shows with jokes reused over and over.

OH MY GOD! *insert the line you all know and hate here*

I hate gimmicks and jokes that are used over and over.
nope.
2005-05-16, 3:52 PM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Jazzkokehead
I'm sorry. I'll lower my standards.

It has nothing to do with lowering your standards. The joke set itself up for another iteration of itself. Did you complain once when they used the monkey in the closet joke more than once between seasons 1-3? I'll bet not. If not, I call hypocrite.
D E A T H
2005-05-16, 5:51 PM #48
The monkey definetly wasn't as funny the second time as it was the first.
2005-05-16, 5:52 PM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Jazzkokehead
The monkey definetly wasn't as funny the second time as it was the first.

But did you go "Why do they have to recycle jokes, god..."

?
D E A T H
2005-05-16, 5:55 PM #50
I'm a hypocrite.
2005-05-16, 7:44 PM #51
Oh, and the Vaudeville guy.
2005-05-16, 8:04 PM #52
Suddenly inside jokes are bad?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-16, 8:12 PM #53
That's not the point. The point is that suddenly they're relying on old jokes. Back in seasons 1 through 3, they rarely relied on older gags, but thus far in season 4 each episode has had a few each. It's not bad, it's just that I'm disappointed that they've fallen back on previous work.
2005-05-16, 8:13 PM #54
YES. That's exactly what I've been trying to say.
2005-05-16, 9:54 PM #55
That's my new favorite Family Guy episode. I've never laughed harder than during that episode.

The Chicken bit had both me any my brother laughing non-stop.

The fact that it took the Chicken THREE SEASONS to find its way back to him was hilarious. And of course, his casual entrance back into conversation was funny as well.

My brother guessed that "I was at a Cockfight" was a reference to the Chicken fight, but it went over my head.
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2005-05-16, 11:07 PM #56
I would guess they wanted to get the much-loved Chicken back in there ASAP just in case Fox was going to screw them over again. Personally, I think it was perfect.

It's not really reusing old jokes either, it's more along the lines of CONTINUITY.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-16, 11:24 PM #57
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
That's not the point. The point is that suddenly they're relying on old jokes. Back in seasons 1 through 3, they rarely relied on older gags, but thus far in season 4 each episode has had a few each. It's not bad, it's just that I'm disappointed that they've fallen back on previous work.

Or they're just trying to get everyone back into the flow of the FG humor. It's not like they're using the same gags over and over and over again.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-17, 4:10 AM #58
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Or they're just trying to get everyone back into the flow of the FG humor. It's not like they're using the same gags over and over and over again.

Thank you.
D E A T H
2005-05-17, 2:44 PM #59
I loved Family Guy, the first Chicken fight was my favorite FG moment and I loved the reference.

American Dad was great too, the "two black guys who did this" comment was hilarious.

Simpsons could be better, but Liam Neason is great and some of the jokes were good. "We have Boston, South America, and the good part of Ireland!"
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

↑ Up to the top!