Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Indiana Jones question
Indiana Jones question
2005-05-16, 2:10 AM #1
Last night I watched The Last Crusade and had a question about the ending. When Indy drinks from the grail and the old knight says he has chosen wisely, does that mean Indy wont die from old age ? The knight said something along the lines of "you cant take the grail out behond the seal or its power wont work" but I'm not sure if that means the power it has granted already or it just wont work anymore... Anyone have any idea ?

While on the subject of Indy and lets say the grail has kept him young, who would you like to see play him in the next film ? I think it would be cool to see Viggo Mortensen play Indy with the film set in the modern world. But then again, seeing Mortensen as Indy and kicking Nazi arse would be sweet too.
2005-05-16, 2:31 AM #2
Man, I loved those movies.

I think the grail only grants a person eternal life if that person drinks from it from time to time - so no, Indy won't live forever. The 'beyond the seal' thing: it's not about whether or not the grail still has power beyond it, it's about the fact that you can't take the grail beyond it. Meaning, if you attempted to carry it with you outside, the floor would crack open or something and both you and the grail would fall into the chasm.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-05-16, 3:55 AM #3
You do know they have plans for a new Indy movie? :D
Black Water Games | Project Leader and President
Historical Conquerors | The Lays of Middle Earth
www.blackwatergames.com/forums
2005-05-16, 3:56 AM #4
Remember, the other two knights eventually died from "extreme old age", so no, it does not grant eternal life. The last knight only lived so long because he kept drinking from the grail, but he was pretty useless by the time Indy showed up anyways, so what would be the point?
2005-05-16, 6:05 AM #5
Right, so will the new one be set in the same time frame ? I was under the impression that Harrison Ford still wanted to do it and I would love to see him reprise the role, but i really dont want to see Indy as an old man :( . There are plenty of bits in Hidalgo were Viggo vurges on the Indy comedy/action style, and he could pull the look off no problem.
2005-05-16, 6:09 AM #6
DSettahr pretty much said what I was going to. I think it'd be sweet to see Harrison Ford be Indiana Jones again. Another person to play Indy just wouldn't work.
2005-05-16, 6:12 AM #7
I've heard that Indy IV will be set during the late 1950's or early 1960's, and that Harrison Ford will be portraying a somewhat older version of Indy. There were rumours that it would have a cold war feel to it, rather than having WW2 Nazi's as the bad guys. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but they were only rumors so that might not be true.
2005-05-16, 6:12 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis
DSettahr pretty much said what I was going to. I think it'd be sweet to see Harrison Ford be Indiana Jones again. Another person to play Indy just wouldn't work.

Unless River Pheonix was still alive. :(
2005-05-16, 7:18 AM #9
No, Indy does not gain eternal life. The knight says the grail will not work beyond the seal (or something). So when Indy passes it he becomes mortal again.

2005-05-16, 12:53 PM #10
Don't know about that since the other knights were no where near the grail when the died.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!