Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Enemy Territory - Quake Wars
Enemy Territory - Quake Wars
2005-05-16, 12:49 PM #1
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=56993

Ooooooooooooooooooo!

Too bad I don't have broadband anymore... :( Lets hope it has bots!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-05-16, 1:11 PM #2
Pic!

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/et_quakewars/Enemy+Territory:+Quake+Wars/1/thumbs/051605_quakewars.jpg

My first reaction was "WTF." I guess E3 will show us how this one is going to turn out.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2005-05-16, 6:53 PM #3
I hope they paid a little more attnetion to making it run well. I dunno what they did to RtcW: ET to make it so slow.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-05-16, 7:06 PM #4
It uses the Doom 3 engine instead of the Quake 3 engine, so make of that what you will.

What I don't like about it is that it looks too similar to any other military shooter, just slightly more futuristic. Generic is the word I think I'm looking for...? I think it should look a little more like Quake II (stylistically, that is, I don't want it to be on the Quake II engine).

But that's based on one screenshot, so I'm just going to wait to see more.
2005-05-16, 7:33 PM #5
Gameplay is what matters, not the way a game looks.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-16, 7:38 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbert006
I hope they paid a little more attnetion to making it run well. I dunno what they did to RtcW: ET to make it so slow.

I didn't notice any major slowness. :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-16, 7:40 PM #7
Quote:
Gameplay is what matters, not the way a game looks.

True, but people don't want to play a game that they don't think looks good, do they?

↑ Up to the top!