Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why do you live?
Why do you live?
2005-05-16, 9:17 PM #1
What makes life worth living to you? I've gotta think about why I'm alive and where I want to go still, but I've got time. Have any of you decided?
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-05-16, 9:19 PM #2
Why?

Living is good. Dying is bad.

Plus the simple fact that if I died it'd bring great misery to a great many people that I know.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-16, 9:19 PM #3
Either we're here for a purpose, or this is all we get. I think either is a good explanation for why I'm still alive.
2005-05-16, 9:23 PM #4
Why not?
Warhead[97]
2005-05-16, 9:30 PM #5
I live to give you a goal.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-05-16, 9:36 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by LonelyDagger
What makes life worth living to you? I've gotta think about why I'm alive and where I want to go still, but I've got time. Have any of you decided?

Release a 15 track record with 15 #1 hits...It probably will never happen, but thats what keeps me going.
2005-05-16, 9:43 PM #7
I live for the purpose of that one day I might be of use to something in the grande scheme of things.
And personally, I like life.
2005-05-16, 9:43 PM #8
to laugh:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-16, 9:53 PM #9
2005-05-16, 9:54 PM #10
I'm here for the b****es
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-05-16, 9:57 PM #11
What makes you think I'm alive?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-16, 10:27 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by BobTheMasher
Why not?

That's always my answer. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-05-16, 11:10 PM #13
To achieve moksha , which is ironic, because in that case, I'm living to die.
:master::master::master:
2005-05-16, 11:16 PM #14
Quote:
Why do you live?

I have an oxygen addiction.

Quote:
What makes life worth living to you?

Does it really have to be worth anything to live? I mean...death is such an energetic process and whatnot. It's so much easier to just grab the remote. Assuming you brought it with you of course...

Quote:
Have any of you decided?

Yes, I've decided exactly where I want to go. I'm going to bed.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-17, 12:00 AM #15
because i have nothing better to do with my spare time, but i'm sticking around for my beutiful girlfriend.

corny_line++ ;
cout << "Cornball Level is " << corny_line ;
I'm not wearing any pants...
2005-05-17, 1:36 AM #16
Because I'm too much of an annoying git to go quietly.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-05-17, 1:39 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by BobTheMasher
Why not?

You guys will have to trust me on this one, but the above was the first thought that entered my mind when I saw the question.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-05-17, 3:46 AM #18
Not much of a reason to live really. Im here for the same reason every other worthless homo sapien is: to be born,eat,go to school so I can get a job, reproduce, get a job to pay for my family so they can eat and go to school, and eventually so they can reproduce. So when you really boil it down, I think life is rather pointless.
2005-05-17, 4:04 AM #19
Well, not being alive is pretty boring.
You couldn't be pondering the meaning of live for example...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-05-17, 7:08 AM #20
To run and finish the race :)
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-05-17, 7:09 AM #21
Because a man and a woman mated.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-17, 7:25 AM #22
I live because I have no other choice. Though really, it ain't bad.
Stuff
2005-05-17, 7:54 AM #23
To be cycled through the system.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-05-17, 9:02 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Arianrhod
Not much of a reason to live really. Im here for the same reason every other worthless homo sapien is: to be born,eat,go to school so I can get a job, reproduce, get a job to pay for my family so they can eat and go to school, and eventually so they can reproduce. So when you really boil it down, I think life is rather pointless.

Sounds to me like some good goals. Yes, there is the mundane boring eat/work/sleep but there is also the joy that comes from everything along the way. The joy of finishing school; the joy of finding your eternal mate; the joy of marrying her and then living with her for the rest of your lives, waking up each morning to see her beautiful face lying next to you; the joy of having offspring, seeing them grow and develop; etc,etc,etc.

Sure, there is a lot of pain and boringness and such along the way, but when you look at the joy, and remember the happiness, in my eyes, it makes it all worth it. :)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-05-17, 9:07 AM #25
I rather enjoy living. Plus, the effect of me dying on my parents, family, and friends is enough of a deterrent from any such contemplation.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-17, 10:59 AM #26
1. My girlfriend

2. My need to make films and attempt to change things around here (the world)

3. Sex and orgasms.
2005-05-17, 11:26 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Arianrhod

Read the book The Power of Now, then you will discover what life is about...that goes for the rest of you out there too that think life has lost its meaning
2005-05-17, 12:25 PM #28
You mean that there's an answer to the meaning of life (other than 42, of course), and nobody told me?!
Stuff
2005-05-17, 12:52 PM #29
Tried dying once, didn't succeed and it was too much effort.
Come close to dying a few other times, doesn’t scare me but a part of my brain always kicks in some sort of survival instinct.

Why do I live? Too much effort to commit suicide. Quite frankly I can't be bothered. I've asked quite a few times what the point of life is but haven't yet found a good reason.

I'm currently happy with living till the day I die.

P.S. Please don't start going on about the good and evil of suicide, if you ever saw the stats you'd most likely die of a hart attack :D It's my choice so leave me be.
2005-05-17, 1:03 PM #30
I live for:

Good games.

Good friends.

Good food.

Good fun.

All the goals I set in life (Getting in shape, beating x game, getting a job)

And finally, because I want to live as long as possible to see if we get to flying cars any time soon, like the Jetsons promised us we'd have already. It's like Blizzard.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-17, 1:03 PM #31
Sex

Fame

Fortune
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-05-17, 1:15 PM #32
to work as a waitress at S&S all my life... (heck no)

ymmm, ummm, i donno, personally i want my art to be seen, and maby make someone think in a different way than their usual, other than that i live every day to enjoy life, and maby one day marry my hot boyfirend.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-05-17, 1:17 PM #33
Elana, if you maried me I'd have a reason to live. When can we set a date?
2005-05-17, 1:32 PM #34
I live to be in the woods hiking with my dogs.
2005-05-17, 1:38 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Berlick
Elana, if you maried me I'd have a reason to live. When can we set a date?

never, see my last massassi marrage ended badly. becides, i've already promiced the people at waffel house to marry Kanchi, and even though your from england, it isant where i want to live in england... so your out of luck. can we be just friends? :)
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-05-17, 1:44 PM #36
Sure Elana.

If it's just the location I can move. I'm a security guard for goodness sakes, I can be posted anywhere you wish.
2005-05-17, 1:49 PM #37
To do the impossible.... slam a revolving door.
nope.
2005-05-17, 2:19 PM #38
Because Episode III doesn't come out for 2 days.

... and some other stuff.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-05-17, 2:39 PM #39
Quote:
I've gotta think about why I'm alive and where I want to go still, but I've got time.
Tomorrow is promised to nobody. Many a dead man once thought they had enough time, put off their goals thinking "I can do it later in life," and ultimately achieved nothing. Who's to say your next breath isn't your last?

In short: less procrastinating, more action.

Quote:
I've asked quite a few times what the point of life is but haven't yet found a good reason.

I'm currently happy with living
till the day I die.
um... so... isn't being happy a reason? ;)
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-17, 3:03 PM #40
Quote:
Sure Elana.

If it's just the location I can move. I'm a security guard for goodness sakes, I can be posted anywhere you wish.

don't make me come over there, cuz i really don't wanna get beat up by an english guy right now and plus i can't afford the plane ride.
I'm not wearing any pants...

↑ Up to the top!