Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme
2005-05-17, 5:44 PM #1
Omg, I had my first today. My bud called me at 9:00 and we bought a dozen. 6 glazed+3 chocolate+3 maple=:D :D. It was too much for me and my freind, we gave the last two to my other friends when i got to school.

I didn't really know what to expect. So anyway, I love them and there not much more expensive than any other place i go to. So do you like or are they to deep fried for you!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-17, 5:52 PM #2
welcome to sugar coated heaven. I had the first I've had in years last week, nothing like sinking your teeth into that chocolte covered sugary donut....mmm good
2005-05-17, 5:53 PM #3
Dunkin Doughnuts > Krispy Creme.
2005-05-17, 5:56 PM #4
I love them. I just finished a dozen today...
2005-05-17, 5:58 PM #5
Krispy Kreme is awesome, I love those things. Plus, its really cool cause they started in Winston-Salem, which isn't that far from here. So I get doughnuts from the original store, I think they taste better there.
2005-05-17, 6:42 PM #6
There is no too expensive option. $7 CAN for a dozen? No thanks.

However, they are very good. Their originals are the only ones worth squat though. Put it in the microwave for a few seconds. That's the only doughnut that actually can do that without dieing.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-17, 6:45 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Dunkin Doughnuts < Krispy Creme.

FIXEDLOL
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-17, 6:45 PM #8
Only had them a couple of times, but they are really good. They've mastered the ration between doughnut and glaze.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-17, 6:46 PM #9
There was this really fat, ugly girl at my highschool last year who, I kid not, was absolutely obsessed with those things. She must have downed at least a few Krispy Kremes every day.... and got teased like no tomorrow. 0_o
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-17, 6:48 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
There is no too expensive option. $7 CAN for a dozen? No thanks.

QFT. Tim Horton's sell donuts for $5 a dozen. They're not quite as good, but hey, it's 2 bucks.
2005-05-17, 6:55 PM #11
Tim Hortons > Krispy Kreme
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-05-17, 8:25 PM #12
what's Tim Hortons?

Krispy Kreme ownes all.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-05-17, 8:26 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
what's Tim Hortons?

A Canadian coffee shop chain. I don't know if they've expanded into the States or not.
2005-05-17, 8:46 PM #14
I'd rather eat safeway doughnuts for real.
2005-05-17, 10:05 PM #15
I love Krispy Kreme, but I limit myself to only buying one or two when I drive by and see the "FRESH! HOT" light on. I NEVER buy them from the grocery store, only from KK stores.

There's one downtown that recently re-opened and for the first week they didnt charge for anything. It was awesome.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-05-18, 12:14 AM #16
I like the free, fresh off the belt donuts they give you while you are standing in line. Mmm...
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-05-18, 12:19 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
A Canadian coffee shop chain. I don't know if they've expanded into the States or not.

Oh yes, quite a bit. Especially in and around border states.

Krispy Kreme makes pretty good donuts, but any mom-and-pop-shop-family-recipe type place probably has something better to offer.

Heh, I remember a while back Krispy Kreme's stock was doing really great. There were these guys talking on (I think it was a radio show) about their stock. People were trying to figure out why it was doing so well and suddenly took a dive. This one guy's just like, "Well what did you expect? They make DONUTS for chrissake!"
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-05-18, 1:38 AM #18
Tim Hortons is a Canadian thing? Hm weird didn't know that. Yea, they are invading Maine like no tomarow now. I've seen three places up that weren't around before I left for school.

And yes Krispy Kremes rock. At my cousins football games, they must had a deal with them or something, because dozens of boxes were distributed among the audience for free. (to us)
2005-05-18, 1:48 AM #19
Once I went to a donut shop (Mr. Donut, closed now) with my sister. We were sitting at the counter on stools that hadn't been oiled or repaired in probably 20 years, with an old man a couple seats away.

Suddenly, she spun around on her stool and it made an extremely loud squeaking noise like a cat dying. The old man jumps off his stool, looks at the ceiling, and yells, "Take me Jesus!"

I don't really like donuts.
2005-05-18, 3:45 AM #20
:eek:
2005-05-18, 3:53 AM #21
There aren't enough Krispy Kreme shops up here in the North.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-18, 3:59 AM #22
My personal favorite is chocolate glazed.

I remember when the first shop opened near Boston my Freshman class made a killing selling boxes of them in school. On most days everything would be gone before first period.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-18, 6:19 AM #23
Theres no option for I've never had any...
nope.
2005-05-18, 7:15 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by BV
Tim Hortons > Krispy Kreme

QFT. That's *exactly* what I was going to post.
Stuff
2005-05-18, 8:30 AM #25
Too vegan for that.
:master::master::master:
2005-05-18, 9:49 AM #26
I like Krispy Kreme, but don't think they are anything special, plus if I eat more than one or 2 when they are warm, it makes me sick to my stomach. Not really sure why that is. I just like donuts period. Don't really have a preference.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-05-18, 10:00 AM #27
Krispy Kreme donuts are the most disgusting over-sweet crap on the american market. it makes my teeth hurt to look at them.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-05-18, 1:04 PM #28
they're about to open a two story one over here. it's gonna have wireless internet and suppose to be kinda like an internet cafe sorta thing when they're through. but who wants to use a laptop with sticky fingers? i think it's an accident waiting to happen. sides, i like the old one that we already have just fine.
I'm not wearing any pants...
2005-05-18, 1:11 PM #29
Tim Hortons isn't Canadian anymore. And their doughnuts are NOWHERE near as good as Krispy Kreme's...

LOL 12 DOZEN KRISPY KREME PLZKTHX
2005-05-18, 1:37 PM #30
I like Krispy Kremes, but to me, those things are like the doughnut equivilent of crack. They're so good they are a little bit addictive. I can't eat just one, and i always end up coming back for more if there's a box of them laying around, so I try to limit my intake.
2005-05-18, 1:48 PM #31
I'm from England and thus have NO Idea what ya'll talking about :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-05-18, 2:10 PM #32
I skip part of second period all the time to go down and buy donuts at the local place. Better than Krispy Kreme by far.

The other day I went with a couple friends and one of the old men at the "bar" bought us a dozen. It was sweet.
2005-05-18, 2:11 PM #33
Donuts are really really good. I don't have them all that often, though. Krispy Kreme are pretty good, but I don't think they're anything to write home about.

I prefer creme-filled or pudding-filled.
2005-05-18, 2:43 PM #34
I used to love them, but now I am sick of them. They get delivered fresh to my store every day and we throw out the unsold ones every night. This translates into 1 to 4 free dozen every day if I choose to take them.
2005-05-18, 2:49 PM #35
The shop i went to had just opened. It's pretty cool how you can see them made. They roll out on a conveyor beltn are deap fried, they depp fried again, then coated with a ****load of glaze. I had the ones that had just been taken from the belt. It is like eating warm cotton candy. Melts in your mouth:D (Oh yeah i ate 6, and had a couple of holes, i felt like i was going to vomit an hour late, but it was worth it):p
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-18, 3:01 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanchi
but who wants to use a laptop with sticky fingers?

The wetnap has been invented...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-18, 4:11 PM #37
You have to get them fresh. No assorted packs. Only fresh.
But I still love them cold over any other doughnut.
The are SOOOOO good.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-18, 6:42 PM #38
sooooo good. Yet soooo bad for you.

When there are glazed ones present (classic glaze), I usually eat like 4 or 5 and then force myself to stop.
一个大西瓜
2005-05-18, 9:33 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
The wetnap has been invented...

but what about all of us antiwetnapists? FIGHT THE POWER!
I'm not wearing any pants...
2005-05-19, 1:04 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Dunkin Doughnuts > Krispy Creme.

Amen.
"Honey, you got real ugly."

↑ Up to the top!