Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tattoos
Tattoos
2005-05-17, 7:07 PM #1
Who has them? What are they?

I really want to get one, but I'm just scared that either a) it'll look bad in a few years, or b) I'll be sick of it when I'm older.

Good idea or bad idea to get one? (I'm 19)
2005-05-17, 7:09 PM #2
Never had a permanent tattoo, but the semi permamnet ones that last for a few weeks are fun to play around with.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-17, 7:38 PM #3
They're gross.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-17, 8:30 PM #4
I've toyed with the idea. I think I'll get a regimental one if I join up with the army, or something with ancient historical significance if I stay with archaeology.

I'm sure if you go to a respectable joint, you won't have to worry about it deforming on you or anything. So it just comes down to how comfortable you feel about it....I'd suggest something subtle. Something that you can look at in a few years and, at worst, say "meh, it's not awesome, but it's alright."

Best advice I can give. Hope it helps a bit.
2005-05-17, 8:46 PM #5
I don't have any, but I have several freinds who have them.
First of all - GO TO A GOOD PLACE. The extra money is well worth what you'll be carrying around for the rest of your life.

Second of all - Don't do something stupid.
Watch RvB's Tattoo episode. Follow the rules.

They don't start to look like crap after a couple years, don't worry about that. And follow the rules, and get something that actually means something to you. It may sound stupid, but something like "I <3 Mom" or something that will never go away. I would generally avoid the I <3 tattoos but.. you get the idea. Something you beleive in and have a passion for.
I'd say you favorite sports team logo would be acceptable. Etc.

Go for it, but give it some thought before you choose what to get.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of cool looking wings on my back (sholder blades area)
2005-05-17, 9:08 PM #6
Thanks for the replies guys.

What I really want is a small (1/2 dollar size) star on the inside of my forearm near my elbow. I don't THINK I would hate it after a few years...
2005-05-17, 9:23 PM #7
Yea, that sounds good. Go for it!
2005-05-17, 11:28 PM #8
I haven't got one yet, but it may sound silly but for the past couple years I have been thinking about getting my favorite band's symbol, Soulfly. Nobody would know what it was and it's a cool tribal looking peice. I'd like to put it on the lower part of my calf... I'm also really into music as well.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"

↑ Up to the top!