Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Unofficial "My Episode III Experience" Thread
The Unofficial "My Episode III Experience" Thread
2005-05-17, 11:16 PM #1
As I'm sure most of you, if not all of you, are aware that Revenge of the Sith opens tomorrow night. The purpose of this thread is to discuss our experiences waiting in line, watching the movie, and our reactions to the movie, such as what we liked, didn't like, etc. So, post your pre-episode III plans.

I will be waking up at 10am tomorrow morning to bathe, eat, and meeting my group of friends before heading to the theater at noon (that's when they'll start letting people line up). At that point, I will have a 12 hour wait in line. I've never done a midnight premier before, so I hope its fun.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-05-17, 11:21 PM #2
12 hour wait in line?

Haven't you people heard of Fandango, or at least reserving tickets at the theater?

I plan to get there at like 11:50 or so, get my tickets from the kiosk, go in, watch it, and leave.
2005-05-17, 11:24 PM #3
You may want to wait in line to get a good seat.. otherwise your going to cramp your neck sitting in the front row.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-05-17, 11:27 PM #4
I've gone to plenty of midnight showings at like 11:50 with reserved tickets and never had a problem with seats.

Not worth wasting my time at the chance of sitting in the exact center (stadium seats) of the theater.
2005-05-17, 11:29 PM #5
My freind just picked up the LAST four tickets for us. We'll probably Head over at 11 so we can get a good seat.
2005-05-17, 11:44 PM #6
I already have my ticket. The wait in line is to get inside the theater. Within an hour of them letting people begin to wait in line for Attack of the Clones, the line was wrapping around the parking lot 4 times. I'm not going to find myself at the back of a mile long line. Besides, I'll be in line with my best friends playing Star Wars monopoly or trivial pursuit. It'll be fun. We've got sodas and food and all kinds of junk. It's going to be a memorable event.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-05-18, 12:16 AM #7
We have seat numbers so no waiting in line needed.
I'm going to pick up my friends at 9 this evening than we're driving to Cologne, eat something at the Pizza Hut next to the cinema and then watch the saga to be concluded.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-05-18, 12:20 AM #8
I'm going in a group, and some of the group members are going to get to the theater around 6. I'm not sure when I'm going to get there though. Probably around 8 or 9.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-05-18, 1:45 AM #9
I'll probably see it a couple weeks from now. For me, I enjoy an empty theater experience a lot more than a full one. I like feeling immersed in the film (usually sit like 3rd-4th row center) and hate having people talk and laugh through the whole thing, unfailingly at inappropriate moments.

For example, when I finally saw RotK in the theater, it was getting close to the end and some kids in front of me stood up and left, saying, "Let's leave before the hobbits get gay." I don't need that crap interrupting my enjoyment of the film.
2005-05-18, 1:46 AM #10
I waited a whole minute for my friends computerto start up, I wasnt sure if I was ganna make it. At the 30 second mark, I wondered if it was even worth the rest of the wait, eventually I conceded and it was finally on...

I really like the movie...Its definately a love/hate, its different from any SW.
:p :) :p :D
2005-05-18, 4:00 AM #11
I reserved 3 tickets like 2 days ago, at this awesome theater nearby. It literally has NO bad seats.
2005-05-18, 4:30 AM #12
Got my tickets two-three weeks ago for friday night.

I pity you line-waiter peoples.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-18, 4:42 AM #13
I'm going to see it when it's convenient. No earlier. Why? Because I've been disappointed by all of the new trilogy so far, I figure why rush to have a good chance of being disappointed again.
D E A T H
2005-05-18, 5:09 AM #14
^ same here.

I was more excited to see movies like Sin City and Kill Bill than SW: Epi. III now.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-18, 6:02 AM #15
i have my tickets but my brother thinks we don't need to be there until like 11:30 =/
i say we get there at at least 10:30 so we can get good seats... i HATE bad seats. especially since the cinema here doesn't have the greatest sound setup.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-05-18, 6:04 AM #16
Reserving my tickets later today for Friday, and yes they have lots left.
nope.
2005-05-18, 6:45 AM #17
I laugh at people who stay in line. My favorite seats are the ones in front that nobody wants. :D

I'll be heading out to colossus tonight at about 10 or so. The movie will probably end at about 3am, and the first busses only start 3 hours after that, so I'll have no choice but to just walk around for 3 hours in the middle of the night. Then I'll be going home and returning later thursday with a group of people, and we're gonna dress up and geek up the theater. :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-05-18, 7:09 AM #18
i'll be going to the theatre around 9.5 or 10 to wait. they said they will be letting people in a bit early for seating.
2005-05-18, 7:46 AM #19
Well, I was all set to be at the theater at 10:30, figuring I was golden, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll ask my friends if they mind getting there closer to 9.

Anyway, I'm just going with two other people, but I'm very specific about the seat I want. (I'm a strange person.) The middle of the middle. And so I intend to be one of the first in line.
"There's nothing more annoying than being distracted from our own self-obsession by others," said Tom
-Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
2005-05-18, 8:33 AM #20
Fandango tix, but I still plan on getting there early, just in case. Don't know how the Rochester population is Star Wars - wise. I know back home I couldv'e showed and bought my tickets at midnight :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!