Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The *Ultimate* Question.
The *Ultimate* Question.
2005-05-18, 8:15 PM #1
Who would win?
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-05-18, 8:17 PM #2
Batman would completely pwn Superman.
2005-05-18, 8:20 PM #3
Batman's totally cooler than Superman, but unless the Bat had some kyrptonite, he'd be screwed.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-18, 8:51 PM #4
I like to think Batman, but Superman would obviously win.
2005-05-18, 8:55 PM #5
Under normal cercumstances, Superman would win. Well, he wouldn't actually win, he'd likely refuse to fight and Batman would end up breaking his hands on Superman's face. I would like to call page 58 of the Marvel / DC Comic "Superman and Spider-Man in The Battle of the Century" as a reference. Spider-Man punches Superman and says "Oboy, I Broke My Hands!" *bottom right of page* But on the other hand, a few pages prior to this event, Spider-Man was kicking the crap out of Superman because on page 49 Lex Luthor shot Spider-Man with what Dr. Ock calls a "Red Sun Radiation Device." However temporary, this supercharged Spider-Man with the energry of a red sun enableing him to smack around Superman like a small school girl cought in a tornado. Granted, Spider-Man did no real damage to Superman, but I believe that if Batman had been shot with the ray and also posessed the right motivation, he would have plenty enough time to kill Superman without too much effort.
I'm not wearing any pants...
2005-05-18, 9:05 PM #6

oh.... wait..... damn.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-18, 11:32 PM #7
In one of the Lois Lane comics, Bruce Wayne as an old man defeats Superman.

I believe he's also defeated Superman before, and was - in fact - expelled from the Justice League for stockpiling kryptonite -- "Just in case" he says.
2005-05-19, 12:30 AM #8
Well, Batman wouldn't win in a fair fight, but he's so cool that he wins by default.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-05-19, 2:34 AM #9
Come on, I'd wipe the floor with him !
2005-05-19, 3:43 AM #10
Superman, while invincible, has no chance against Batman's superior intellect, agility, and cool martial arts. Batman would easily find some way to disable or overpower Superman and quickly come out the victor. Simple as that.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-19, 5:21 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanchi
Under normal cercumstances, Superman would win. Well, he wouldn't actually win, he'd likely refuse to fight and Batman would end up breaking his hands on Superman's face. I would like to call page 58 of the Marvel / DC Comic "Superman and Spider-Man in The Battle of the Century" as a reference. Spider-Man punches Superman and says "Oboy, I Broke My Hands!" *bottom right of page* But on the other hand, a few pages prior to this event, Spider-Man was kicking the crap out of Superman because on page 49 Lex Luthor shot Spider-Man with what Dr. Ock calls a "Red Sun Radiation Device." However temporary, this supercharged Spider-Man with the energry of a red sun enableing him to smack around Superman like a small school girl cought in a tornado. Granted, Spider-Man did no real damage to Superman, but I believe that if Batman had been shot with the ray and also posessed the right motivation, he would have plenty enough time to kill Superman without too much effort.

Batman with superpowers

Quote:
Superman, while invincible, has no chance against Batman's superior intellect, agility, and cool martial arts. Batman would easily find some way to disable or overpower Superman and quickly come out the victor. Simple as that.

Find some way to disable him? Like superman disabling spray?
nope.
2005-05-19, 6:35 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286

oh.... wait..... damn.

QFT. Oh, BTW some one said, the QFT meant Quite <censored>ing True. I've always thought it to be Quoted For Truth. Quoted For Truth make much more sense.
2005-05-19, 7:55 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
Find some way to disable him? Like superman disabling spray?

I'm not Batman, am I? If I were as clever as Batman I'd be able to tell you, but Batman is the cleverest of us all.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-19, 8:07 AM #14
Ultimately, it depends who writes it. There are examples of both dying in eachother's comics, only to have it declared non-canon to preserve the opposing fan base. If you have one kill the other, it brings an end to the tension of what they represent - the real, mortal character versus the invincible ideal.

But really, I don't think either can be killed, for different reasons.

Over the years, Batman has become the most interesting character non-Vertigo DC has to offer, with many books based on him, and it would be financially unwise to ever actually kill him. He's been shot up a million times by people far less skilled than Superman, but he survives anyway, because we want him to. (I've got a comic around here somewhere with Batman being electrocuted to death by some lame villain. In the next issue, Robin shows up, beats the villain, and resuscitates Batman).

Superman on the other hand... well, they have killed him, and it did absolutely no good because he essentially isn't a character. He's a plot device. In the DC universe, in order to immediately define something as evil, undesirable or intolerable, you just have it oppose Superman. He has no flaws, he actually is a living ideal. There are some comics that explore the possibly fascist nature of his authoritative goodness, but these are rare and not aimed at the key demographic - kids. He is, in general, portrayed as one-sided and thus unreal. When he did die (and that comic sold more issues than any other, ever) he was quickly replaced by a multitude of Superman-esque characters, each one as essentially indestructible as an ideal, regardless of whether they were actually killed off in the storyline.

Both have been killed, sometimes by eachother. It never takes.

(EDIT- And a note on "Superman disabling spray" - this has actually shown up multiple times, including in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Of course kryptonite is always involved. How did Batman pull it off in DKR? In the words of bat fanbois, which is how they justify all bat-arguments, "he always has a plan.")
2005-05-19, 8:44 AM #15
Batman throws Kryptonite bat-arangs at Superman.

Superman loses.
2005-05-19, 9:00 AM #16
Superman would win if he got rid of that "moral" code of not killing. The ring wouldn't do **** to stop him that Batman has, and Batman knows it. He used it on Superman and almost broke his hand fighting (Hush series) and said that all Superman had to do was run into him and he'd be dead.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-19, 11:32 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
QFT. Oh, BTW some one said, the QFT meant Quite <censored>ing True. I've always thought it to be Quoted For Truth. Quoted For Truth make much more sense.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT&r=f
2005-05-19, 12:42 PM #18
Ha! pwnzored!

↑ Up to the top!