Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *stabs Paypal*
*stabs Paypal*
2005-05-19, 9:02 AM #1
I'm a bit pissed at paypal. I sold an item on ebay, shipped it, but it was lost in shipping. I always offer shipping insurance on items, but the buyer did not purchase it. Not my fault, right? He's taking his own risk.

So I file a search thing with the USPS, and tell them to send it to the guy when/if they find it. I tell the buyer this. Oh well. Negative feedback, plus he files a claim with Paypal, even though I had tracking on the package as proof it was shipped. The item is still registered in the USPS's database where it was last tracked (Hazelwood, MO, not even the same state as me.)

So despite all that, what does Paypal do? They decide in favor of the buyer. :mad:

MORONS.

So I emailed them inquiring why they don't offer protection under these circumstances (even though ebay does not offer protection when insurance isn't purchased), and am waiting a response.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-19, 9:04 AM #2
Oh, and to increase the blantant stupidity, I can't receive payments until I refund this guy. That's right. I'm expected to make a payment when I can't receive money. My balance is negative right now. :rolleyes:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-19, 9:12 AM #3
Call them now, and tell them the shipping number so they can see the item had been *lost* in the transfer. It's not your fault, it's USPS, tell the guy that then get your negative feedback withdrawn.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-19, 9:46 AM #4
They already know the shipping number. So does the buyer. I provided it to paypal during the dispute, but it apparently is still my fault. :rolleyes:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-19, 9:49 AM #5
If it gets really problematic, Paypal has a phone number ( 402-935-2050 - not 800 :() that you can call and ***** out.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-19, 12:00 PM #6
You can try this number as well : 1-888-221-1161
woot!
2005-05-19, 12:02 PM #7
Hazelwood Missouri!

Sweet, that's the city adjacent to mine.

Anyway, that sucks man, sorry to hear it, wish I could help somehow... sorry
2005-05-19, 12:35 PM #8
Something similar jsut happened to me with a buyer on Ebay, but the guy got insurance, so it wasn't a huge deal. It's still ahuge pain in the *** though.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-19, 1:09 PM #9
Calling is ALWAYS more effective than e-mail. Always. Call them up and tell them what happened.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-05-19, 3:17 PM #10
Wow, they responded already.

...and I'm still screwed in the ***.

Not only do I have to refund this guy's money to get my paypal access back, he also might get the book for free. Apparently, this isn't covered by paypal. WTF?

:mad:

Screw it. I'm going to look into Bidpay.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!