Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Will Martin make it past sponsorship to another term?
Will Martin make it past sponsorship to another term?
2004-05-06, 6:04 AM #1
He has yet to set a date for an election, but the madia is telling us that it will be soon.
So, will the man who brought 'balance' to Canada be able to get past the sponsorship scandal?
Consider who he is running against.
My guess is we will have the liberals running our country for another 4 years.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
HTP
babble, babble, b!tch, b!tch, rebel, rebel, party, party.
2004-05-06, 6:52 AM #2
I don't particularly trust Martin, but I'd rather have a Liberal federal government than the conservators or the NPD.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-06, 7:44 AM #3
In Canada after awhile of the PM not calling an election, is there a mandatory one?

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited May 06, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-06, 7:52 AM #4
finally something other than these tired American government threads

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-05-06, 8:32 AM #5
Watch, this thread will die soon. That's why people hate Americans. We don't care about what goes on in other governments. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-05-06, 11:09 AM #6
i hate to say it, but there's usually no reason to. i highly doubt that the choice of candian presidents will affect us very much.

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-05-06, 11:16 AM #7
Yeah... Canada's last president didn't make any decisions regarding the US [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-05-06, 11:22 AM #8
I'm the president of Canada.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-05-06, 11:27 AM #9
See Sine. Why bother talk about Canadian issues here.
Just know that I have as much or more to complain about Canada as the US. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
HTP
2004-05-06, 12:46 PM #10
Psh, actually, America totally screws over Canada for no reason.

I'm SURE your so great media never told you about the insane tax the American Customs force upon Industries that export wood into American ground... Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-06, 2:59 PM #11
That's why I very rarely buy American produce. Our countries have been in a lumber and produce dispute for a LONG time now.

------------------
HTP
2004-05-06, 3:02 PM #12
I don't remember a time when the Liberals weren't in office... I can't wait until I can vote, though.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-05-06, 3:09 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrakenX:
Yeah... Canada's last president didn't make any decisions regarding the US [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]</font>

i never said they dont make decisions that affect us at all, i said rarely. my point was that I couldn't care less because I am not affected by much that he does. what decisions did he make that affected us?

------------------
Forum Rules

[This message has been edited by Crimson (edited May 06, 2004).]
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-05-06, 3:29 PM #14
He's making fun of you because we don't have a president. We have a Prime Minister.

------------------
HTP
2004-05-06, 3:55 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
In Canada after awhile of the PM not calling an election, is there a mandatory one?

</font>

Erm, does Canada not have mandatory elections after a set time?

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-06, 3:59 PM #16
An election in Canada has to be called...

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-06, 4:32 PM #17
Good grief. It's five years or earlier for a Canadian federal election.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i highly doubt that the choice of candian presidents will affect us very much.</font>

I like America, but stuff like this makes me shake my head. I remember the second Quebec referendum...a 51/49 split, and it didn't even make the American news.

Anyways, for me it's a decision between Layton or Martin.

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-05-06, 5:39 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Evad:
He's making fun of you because we don't have a president. We have a Prime Minister.

</font>

not the first thing i've been made fun of for [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] see, that just goes to show you how much i care lol. so who does the prime minister have to call a vote for if it's not a president?

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-05-06, 6:33 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Evad:
He has yet to set a date for an election, but the madia is telling us that it will be soon.
So, will the man who brought 'balance' to Canada be able to get past the sponsorship scandal?
Consider who he is running against.
My guess is we will have the liberals running our country for another 4 years.

</font>

Agreed. But what does he, exactly, bring to the table for us Canadians? More political chaos? No, I've had enough of that. A war against terror? Nah, if we side with Bush, we're OK there. How about a raise? Sure, but they're gonna think about themselves first, especially when it comes to finances. So, what?

Nothing.
Nada.
Nilch.
Etc...

BTW, yes, if the current Prime Minister does not call an election within his 4 year term, one will be made mandatory, as stated by the Canadian law. Cool huh?

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77

[This message has been edited by Snake-Eyes (edited May 06, 2004).]
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-05-06, 6:47 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
I like America, but stuff like this makes me shake my head. I remember the second Quebec referendum...a 51/49 split, and it didn't even make the American news.
</font>

I love you man. *cries*

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-07, 7:20 AM #21
Personally, I vote Liberal, mainly because they are as far to the left as I'm willing to go. The NDP kinda pooched Ontario a while back [don't remember how, I was about 7-8 then [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]]. And I really don't want to spilt the vote by voting for my personal choice of the Green Party. I'll do anything to prevent those right-wing freaks of the amalgamated party of the PC and CA. [they did that right?]

Ironically enough, the Reform Party, which was later re-named CRAP, then wisely changed to Canadian Alliance, was made up of many former Conservatives.

Now they're one big happy family again.

And I really hate to say it, but I'd rather have Sheila Copps as PM then Martin.

------------------
The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself.
2004-05-07, 10:26 AM #22
The Marijuana Party.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-05-07, 5:00 PM #23
Yep, it seems the country, for the most part, is dead-set to vote Liberal. I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, the Liberal policy seems to agree with me great....all except for defence spending. The military has been horribly starved. Our NATO contributions are pathetic, and forget growth right now, because the DND can't even afford to keep it's current battered state afloat. I truly despised Chretien for this. "Our military is fine. There is no problem." WRONG, moron! Martin is at least giving the matter some attention. Giving the DND a much needed cash infusion will do wonders to better my opinion of the Liberals.
2004-05-08, 5:02 AM #24
I agree. They need to give the military services a HUGE cash injection. Not only because they need it but it would do more for thier policies and party.

------------------
HTP
2004-05-08, 11:24 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Tonberry:
The Marijuana Party.</font>

Right so they legalize Marijuana now they have a country to run but they are too stoned to do it... then its my time to overthrow the government in one swift rebellion and institute the purest form of government... communism.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-08, 11:37 AM #26
Not to change the subject, but I think someone should also point out that Britain also does not elect presidents... being Britain is America's number one ally right now I think any one of the informed Americans here can name the title given to the effective political leader of that country. Hm?

------------------
Working hard to bring you a mission statement and profile signature in the new year.
Working hard to bring you a mission statement and profile signature in the new year.
2004-05-08, 3:08 PM #27
Let's not turn every thread into an "america sucks" thread, please. Thanks.

This thread is about Canada. Leave it about Canada.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-05-08, 3:39 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Simblimke:
Not to change the subject, but I think someone should also point out that Britain also does not elect presidents... being Britain is America's number one ally right now I think any one of the informed Americans here can name the title given to the effective political leader of that country. Hm?

</font>

Prime Minister. And like in Canada, the PM can call elections whenever but if he doesn't after a set time, there is a mandatory one. But in Britain it is 5 years. And if things go as they are right now, Tony Blair won't call an election and Britain will have a mandatory election at the end of Blair's term. Blair will lose and the Conservative Party and their shadow cabinet will take power.

yes, I know, I'm extraordinary among Americans. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited May 08, 2004).]
2004-05-09, 12:52 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Right so they legalize Marijuana now they have a country to run but they are too stoned to do it... then its my time to overthrow the government in one swift rebellion and institute the purest form of government... communism.</font>

Blah, blah, blah. Communism is a state of society, not a type of leadership. Also, true communism cannot have a government.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-05-09, 3:03 PM #30
Marx says that a communism has to have a true democracy to support it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-05-09, 3:20 PM #31
"I am the Princess of Canada. Ya. Although i can't officially back that up with paperwork" - Dr. Evil in Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me, lost scenes

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford

↑ Up to the top!