Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your idea of natural selection?
Your idea of natural selection?
2005-05-20, 9:15 AM #1
Not a serious discussion about biology, the proper definition of the word, or the mod.

My image of natural selection would be about people placing odd, metal objects, for some dumb reason, into electrical outlets. People who are old enough to know but can't handle the concept of how dangerous electricity is should not be walking in this world. The shock would be "nature's" way of telling the person he/she shouldn't exist.

Also, people who feed the wildlife at national parks. It is stated clearly, in all different languages, that animals can attack and become aggressive when fed. Yet, there are always cases (few are fatal.)

Your idea of "nature" trying to fix the human race?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-20, 10:01 AM #2
So nature calmly said to the boy, "clearly you shouldn't exist."

I have no problem with safety-education, and I can deal with warning plastered all over everything, but I just hate when people or companies get sued for something that was the individuals fault. Tort law usually covers it, but ocasionally not (McDonalds fat lawsuit).

Screw political-correctness.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-05-20, 10:38 AM #3
Anything and everything that's on darwinawards.com
Stuff
2005-05-20, 11:47 AM #4
"I say we remove all the warning labels off of everything, and let natural selection take it's course."

<3 CAD.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-20, 12:38 PM #5
All I'm gong to sy is that the human rac no longer participates in natural selection as society is being dumbed down way too much.

I think the Google adds speak perfectly.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-20, 12:59 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
All I'm gong to sy is that the human rac no longer participates in natural selection as society is being dumbed down way too much.

Well, I don't know if society is being dumbed down as a whole. Examples?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-20, 1:33 PM #7
People find intelligence attractive. So, even if medical advances will allow people to survive who would otherwise die from severe genetic diseases, intellectual potential can still increase.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-05-20, 1:36 PM #8
Except intelligent people would mate with intelligent people and stupid people would mate with stupid people.

There aren't going to be that many people that don't mate at all.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-20, 1:40 PM #9
except us.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-05-20, 1:43 PM #10
heeeee. zing!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2005-05-20, 1:49 PM #11
But by that logic, no overall genetic changes can occur due to what people find attractive.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-05-20, 2:23 PM #12
Correct.
2005-05-20, 2:30 PM #13
My idea of natural selection is moths with certain wing patterns surviving over others. Because that's one of the examples I learned about in high school.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-20, 3:06 PM #14
shows like "when wild animals attack" should be called more like...

"when stupid people get bit"
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-05-20, 3:09 PM #15
My idea of natural selection is fatties getting eaten by tigers.
2005-05-21, 10:31 AM #16
The Stupid Child That Swallows The Hotwheels, doesn't grow up to have a stupid child of his own...
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!