Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Computer...
New Computer...
2004-05-09, 7:56 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
Yes, but more specifically, all e-machines are bad. I've heard that they almost always have tons of problems, and their power supplies are shoddy at best.

</font>

....No.

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-05-09, 8:38 AM #42
XP pro is way better than xp home.

Xp corporate is nice too b/c you don't have to worry about activation.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-09, 9:02 AM #43
Corporate is desinged for businesses which have to install it on multiple computers. Home users shouldn't have it.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-05-09, 9:21 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
Corporate is desinged for businesses which have to install it on multiple computers. Home users shouldn't have it.

</font>

Why shouldn't home users have it? Home users have a right to not submit to activation.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 09, 2004).]
2004-05-09, 9:53 AM #45
e-Machines suck. My friend buys them and they are always falling apart. The button gets jammed in, falls off, the case is falling off, and the CD-ROM drive is broken.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-09, 10:17 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Why shouldn't home users have it? Home users have a right to not submit to activation.
</font>

You must some how obtain the licenses for XP corporate. I'm not sure if XP corporate is sold with just one license. It would probably be as much as XP Pro.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-05-09, 10:21 AM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
e-Machines suck. My friend buys them and they are always falling apart. The button gets jammed in, falls off, the case is falling off, and the CD-ROM drive is broken.

</font>

Mabye your friends should, oh geez i don't know, take better care of his computer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-05-09, 11:06 AM #48
I love win2k pro, its is by far the best windows i've ever used, so much better than xp
2004-05-09, 11:39 AM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:

You must some how obtain the licenses for XP corporate. I'm not sure if XP corporate is sold with just one license. It would probably be as much as XP Pro.

</font>

I use xp corporate because I don't like the idea of informing microsoft every time i reinstall windows, plus have only 3 or so activations before I have to waste my valuable time by calling microsoft to activate. It's just so unnecessary.

Microsoft claims that activation stops piracy, but winxp activation cracks are incredibly easy to find if you know where to look. I've even seen obviously bootleg copies of XP being sold on the streets in broad daylight.

XP corporate may not be sold directly here in the US, but I know that you can get them in mexico for $6 a disc.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 09, 2004).]
2004-05-09, 1:01 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:

....No.

</font>

....Yes.

Their Powersupplies are CRAP. My friend had his PS die, and he had to pay $90 for a new one that would fit his case. Oh, and his CD-Burner died out too.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-05-09, 3:15 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:

Mabye your friends should, oh geez i don't know, take better care of his computer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

Tell that to my neighbor who has one. He's over 50, takes excellent care of every piece of computer equipment he's ever purchased, and I can't tell you have many times he's called me over to fix something on his stupid e-Machines computer that's busted.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-05-09, 3:30 PM #52
It seems everyone is really quick to bash eMachines. I've owned two of them, and both of them have actually been far more reliable than the Compaq, the Dell, or the HPs I've owned. I've stopped buying higher priced brands because you get so much more for the money with an eMachine. As long as you're willing to put in a new videocard and soundcard yourself after buying them, you get quite a deal.

My only complaint against eMachines is that the printers they come with invariabley suck. Oh, well.

↑ Up to the top!