Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Flamebait
Flamebait
2005-05-21, 8:46 AM #1
http://www.forsakethetroops.info/mission.html

What the heck is this site for? Flamebait? Attention? What a moron. :rolleyes: It sure doesn't take a genius to spot the flaws in his logic. Everyday people surprise with new lows in intelligence that I previously thought impossible.
2005-05-21, 8:52 AM #2
Haha, the best line is:
Quote:
Despite common opinion, we are not a hate group to the degree that we do not (officially) condone acts of violence
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-05-21, 8:57 AM #3
does that mean they un-officially condone violence?
2005-05-21, 9:01 AM #4
I don't think this is serious.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-05-21, 9:06 AM #5
I though it was a gag-site at first. Then I saw in the weblog that he appeared on Hannity and Colmes last night. I didn't believe it so I went to FoxNews.com, looked up Hannity and Colmes, and he really did appear. Too bad I missed it.

Anyway, the site is hillarious. More power to the guy. The best way to expose loons is to ensure their full access to freedom of speech. He won't have to worry because our armed forces will always be there to fight for his right to it.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-21, 9:30 AM #6
I'm pretty sure its a joke designed to make people realize how stupid those "support our troops" signs and car magnets are.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-05-21, 9:34 AM #7
I'm not sure I understand why those are stupid but I am still willing to consider the site a gag-site. But the site owner did appear on a major news program so maybe he's serious. In the end, who cares?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-21, 9:38 AM #8
The government leeches of our tax money to. Let's do away with the government.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-21, 9:55 AM #9
Military spending accounts for 50% of American federal taxes, so your call to abolish the government is really not far off..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-21, 10:03 AM #10
And alot of tax money goes into Social Security, medicare, etc. Old people must be leechers too!

Anyone find the guy's picture a bit...creepy?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-21, 10:04 AM #11
WORLD DOMINATION!!

[/randomness]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-21, 10:53 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize
I'm pretty sure its a joke designed to make people realize how stupid those "support our troops" signs and car magnets are.

No. Dislike the cause, the war itself all tyou want, but don't take it out on the common soldier.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-21, 10:55 AM #13
Thinking the magnets are stupid is not taking it out on the common soldier. We don't need to force some sort of contrived "support" by displaying the damn things everywhere, as if people are afraid of their real feelings about the war.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-21, 10:58 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
No. Dislike the cause, the war itself all tyou want, but don't take it out on the common soldier.

The 'common soldier' is there because he wants to be there.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2005-05-21, 11:07 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger

They're stupid because everyone supports the troops. This site is trying to show you how ridiculous it would be if there was actually some people who didn't.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-05-21, 12:02 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Military spending accounts for 50% of American federal taxes, so your call to abolish the government is really not far off..

Actually, social spending accounts for over 50% of federal spending.

2005-05-21, 12:15 PM #17
Yeah, okay 51/49. :rolleyes:
2005-05-21, 1:18 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
The 'common soldier' is there because he wants to be there.

In the military yes, fightng in Iraq, not necessarily.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-21, 2:34 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Yeah, okay 51/49. :rolleyes:

What? What are you talking about? What's 51/49?

2005-05-21, 4:24 PM #20
49% of income taxes goes straight to the military.
2005-05-21, 4:38 PM #21
I'm not going to debate what money comes from where but the Department of Defense gets about 15% of federal spending. If that's 49% of income tax I don't know but then what are you saying the 51% goes to.

2005-05-21, 5:00 PM #22
This moron was also in the news a few months ago:

Quote:
Crook let a local television station there know he had found Wrigley’s camera at the stadium, and offered to return it...for a finder's fee of $1,000!
2005-05-21, 7:42 PM #23
The irony of all this is that (Granted this is real) the man who made this site would be shot and killed if it weren't for those troops that protect him.

Oh, and the 'support our troops' signs may not do anything for YOU, but if you came back from a war that a good majority of people copletelly disagree with, but saw just as many "Support Our Troops" signs as they saw "Say no to war with america" they might be able to have some sort of peace of mind. Those signs really aren't for us, they're for the families and soldiers themselves.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-21, 8:36 PM #24
You guys do know that the vast majority of those "support our troops" magnets are made in China. Don't you? Kinda ironic.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-21, 8:50 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
You guys do know that the vast majority of those "support our troops" magnets are made in China. Don't you? Kinda ironic.

I've been told that it's not actually "support" as they say, because it's just some people capitolizing on our troops and raking in profit...
someone please correct me on that, cuz it makes me feel so bad for everyone who was duped into buying one
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-21, 9:02 PM #26
That's certainly what it is now. When they first started appear though it wasn't.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-21, 9:11 PM #27
I doubt most people think that the purchases support the troops.

2005-05-21, 10:03 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I doubt most people think that the purchases support the troops.

That's not the impression I get from most people I talk to.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-21, 10:22 PM #29
Well, some may buy sponsored magnets but if the packaging or display doesn't claim that there is no reason to think it so. Personally I always though people got them to express their sentiment. Not because they think soldiers benefit from the purchase.

2005-05-22, 3:17 AM #30
Quote:
Oh, and the 'support our troops' signs may not do anything for YOU, but if you came back from a war that a good majority of people copletelly disagree with

Then perhaps they'd think twice about staying in the army.
2005-05-22, 8:19 AM #31
They all think twice about it. They just come to different conclusions.

↑ Up to the top!