Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The future of Star Wars after Star Wars
The future of Star Wars after Star Wars
2005-05-22, 10:45 AM #1
Folks, it is fairly certain--by statement of GL--that this is the Ep3 is the last of the Star Wars movies that will ever be made. Thus, there is no new trilogy to revive the series as the prequels did at the turn of the millenium. So what is the future of the Star Wars franchise?

Lucasfilm will probably produce independent films, I guess. Nothing much of significance. They will probably release the SW films in different packages and editions, making a ton of sales.

Luca$Art$ will degrade because you can only recreate Hoth and Endor a certain number of times in video games before it gets old. There won't be any new movies to base games off of. Star Wars is LEC, regardless of the few other unique games they have made.

The CG companies will all develop stuff for other movies. They will survive.

The fanbase of Star Wars will probably last another 10 yrs. After that, it will probably fade away as a remnant of a past good memory.
2005-05-22, 10:46 AM #2
TV series?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-05-22, 10:47 AM #3
At least i still have my star wars cards. Hurrah!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-22, 10:48 AM #4
There will probably be "official" movies and series made in the same universe, but involving different characters and events that ocassionally tie into things discussed or events that happened in other series.
2005-05-22, 10:50 AM #5
I had always hoped that they would produce a "Young Han Solo" series. That was a long time ago though. They wouldn't do anything like that now.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-22, 10:53 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by JDKNITE188
The fanbase of Star Wars will probably last another 10 yrs. After that, it will probably fade away as a remnant of a past good memory.

You're on crack.
2005-05-22, 10:54 AM #7
I know this is an old article and it's been posted before but it confirms there will be a Star Wars TV show in the fall of 2006.

http://www.iesb.net/tv/tvt92804.htm
2005-05-22, 11:19 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by JDKNITE188

Seeing as the fan base is ever growing with each generation, and was still getting stnger before the PT, I think you're completely wrong on that front.

Bad, bad typying fixed[/edit]
Pissed Off?
2005-05-22, 11:26 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Seeing as the fan base is every growing with each generation, and was still getting stinger before the PT, I think you're completely wrong on that front.

agreed
2005-05-22, 12:21 PM #10
Potentially mind-bending question: Will people still watch these films one hundred years from now?
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-22, 12:26 PM #11
well there has been a fan base since 1977 and i doubt it will go away so quickly after what many fans concider to be the best of the films is released
2005-05-22, 1:15 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I had always hoped that they would produce a "Young Han Solo" series. That was a long time ago though. They wouldn't do anything like that now.
there wouldn't be much to it other then what he did in the 5-10 years before ANH
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-22, 1:20 PM #13
have you read the han solo trilogy? if not, do so. awesome awesome books.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-05-22, 2:37 PM #14
I'd like to see a T.V series similar to Band of Brothers. Each episode continuing a main story yet jumping from one character to another.
2005-05-22, 2:39 PM #15
lucas confirmed at C3 that there will be two television shows in the near future. one will be a weekly half-hour 3d animated show similar to CN's Clone Wars. it sounds like it's pretty far along in development so i'd expect to hear more about it really soon

the second one will be a full length live action series, based around new or minor characters. this one will begin filming in 2006, and lucas will run it for the first season and then hand it off to someone else. supposedly it's to be based between episode 3 and 4, but i'm not sure

i promise you that this information is 100% accurate, too, because I was there when lucas said it :p
Moo.
2005-05-22, 2:43 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Bad, bad typying fixed[/edit]

Not quite. Hehehehe. :p
2005-05-22, 2:58 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
have you read the han solo trilogy? if not, do so. awesome awesome books.

I have. There's tons of room for story in the timeframe prior to ANH. And I think there is a place for it.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-22, 3:03 PM #18
I wish the DVDs weren't changed. Am I the only one that is annoyed that Boba Fett's voice is now Australian?
2005-05-22, 3:14 PM #19
They're already planning on live action and cartoon series.

Considering how well Clone Wars did I'm sure in cartoon the SW Saga will live on for quite awhile.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-22, 3:44 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW
i promise you that this information is 100% accurate, too, because I was there when lucas said it :p

*chokes on milk* I hate you.

Quote:
The fanbase of Star Wars will probably last another 10 yrs. After that, it will probably fade away as a remnant of a past good memory

Star Wars will be alive at least until the day I die.

And I don't plan on dying for another 15 years, at least.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-22, 6:45 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis
I wish the DVDs weren't changed. Am I the only one that is annoyed that Boba Fett's voice is now Australian?

No, you aren't.

While some rather NICE changes were put into the DVDs, changing Fett's voice was not one of those nice changes. He sounded more badass before.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-22, 7:52 PM #22
Besides, with Boba's line of work, who is to say he couldn't of had an incident where something effected his vocal chords?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-22, 7:56 PM #23
Thats not the freaking point. :(
2005-05-22, 7:58 PM #24
voice modulator. 'nuff said. australian boba = teh sux

Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
*chokes on milk* I hate you.

I made a post talking about everything I saw at C3 the day I got back, but no one seemed to care at the time :/
Moo.
2005-05-22, 9:04 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
Besides, with Boba's line of work, who is to say he couldn't of had an incident where something effected his vocal chords?

well see... i remember reading in the bounty hunter books that he has one of those voice masker things... but then again that's EU and lucas has the right to write over any part of that... it's his stuff.
2005-05-22, 9:39 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW
this one will begin filming in 2006, and lucas will run it for the first season and then hand it off to someone else. supposedly it's to be based between episode 3 and 4, but i'm not sure

As long as Lucas is just writing the general story and not doing any script writing or directing, the first season could be fantastic. Maybe they'll pick up some old Star Trek or Stargate directors...that would be boss.

One thing's for sure, Fox won't dump it if the first seasons sucks. You don't dump a live action Star Wars TV show, no matter how much it sucks. You just don't. Especially since I think Fox learned their lesson after Family Guy...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-05-22, 9:46 PM #27
He's not Australian, you cretins. Temuera Morrison is a New Zealander.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-05-23, 4:13 AM #28
Well Kiwi and Kangaroo both start with K!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-23, 5:53 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
One thing's for sure, Fox won't dump it if the first seasons sucks. You don't dump a live action Star Wars TV show, no matter how much it sucks. You just don't. Especially since I think Fox learned their lesson after Family Guy...

Fox isn't intimidated by the possibility that their shows might suck *coughvirtuallyeveryFOXrealityTVshowcough*. They run them anyway.

I guess I am wrong about the timeframe of Star Wars . . .

They should make a show or movie series about Boba Fett. He is definitely a character that people like.
2005-05-23, 7:08 AM #30
Boba Fett rocks. I remember the Enemy of the Empire comics. They should make a TV series like that.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-05-23, 12:35 PM #31
Personally, I only care for the original/EU Boba Fett. The origin of Boba from the prequels is too family-oriented for my tastes.
2005-05-23, 12:36 PM #32
I wasn't aware that RC had an editor. I think I might have to buy the game now.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-05-23, 3:00 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth J
I wasn't aware that RC had an editor. I think I might have to buy the game now.

For the content of the game or for the fact that you can simply make maps for an Unreal engine game with resources that have a Star Wars theme?
2005-05-23, 3:50 PM #34
The editor for RC came with the last patch. Its actually a modified version of UnrealEd.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-05-23, 7:04 PM #35
If we tell our children, to tell their children, and their children, and so on, the myth might live on to the end of the world.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-23, 7:27 PM #36
this is a hardcore star wars topic

i think its lame boba is not that sweet... the whole clone upbringing does seem like it would make him that badass. The crappy dub-over is terrible and a bad idea... frickin south park had an episode about directors changing their movies and how terrible of thing that is! It was a funny episode though, they replaced the guns in saving private ryan to radios and they were rushing the beech with radios in order to appease angry people afraid of guns and violence. so lame...
2005-05-23, 7:39 PM #37
What about Kyle? I think a movie for Dark Forces or the Jedi Knight series would rock, if it is live action, I can think of the perfect actor for the part.
All is fair in love and war.
2005-05-24, 12:35 AM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis

/me watches as axis is torn limb from limb byangry kiwis.

(new zealenders don't like being called australians)

also, it makes sense that they used jango fett's voice as by that time he is pretty much the age that his father was in AoTC

If you talk to a new zealander, you will see that their accent is too strong to get that californiaisaion (i.e. turning american from being around americans and watching lots of movies).
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-05-24, 12:48 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by alpha1
/me watches as axis is torn limb from limb byangry kiwis.

(new zealenders don't like being called australians)

also, it makes sense that they used jango fett's voice as by that time he is pretty much the age that his father was in AoTC

If you talk to a new zealander, you will see that their accent is too strong to get that californiaisaion (i.e. turning american from being around americans and watching lots of movies).

but you're not born with accents, you adopt them from the people around you. jango died when boba was like 10, and since he's been wandering the galaxy and such. he wouldn't have jango's accent unless he grew up in the same environment that jango did

and besides, there's always voice modulators...
Moo.
2005-05-24, 4:45 PM #40
life after darth lol

...seriously, I've seen that stupid headline pun in at least three seperate publications so far...it's like they don't realize how obvious it is.

↑ Up to the top!