Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Xw-a?
Xw-a?
2005-05-23, 7:12 PM #1
Does any still play X-Wing Alliance? I would sure love to be back in the Royal Republic Navy clan, even though I started TRSW. Any how, if any one wants a good challenge, you got one. Although I'll have to buy a new joystick, other broke so I'll take some time.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-23, 7:21 PM #2
I'm making a Star Wars MMO where you can fly around from planet in XWA ships, will you help me?

EDIT: Darn! All my files just got corrupted!
2005-05-23, 7:42 PM #3
^ heheh
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-23, 7:42 PM #4
Ouch.

I still play from time to time, but my second disk is totally dead, and my router dosen't like it to play Multiplayer.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-05-23, 8:24 PM #5
I used to play that game way too much.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-23, 8:38 PM #6
I enjoyed the game thoroughly.

However, one thing about those type of games (was in Tie Fighter and X-Wing and XWA) were the first 10-20 missions.

Basis for mission: Go investigate and scan 74 pieces of cargo freight. THERE IS DEFINITLY NO SIGNS OF ENEMIES IN THE SURROUNDING VICINITY!

WOAH!!! ENEMIES ARE ATTACKING! BUT THEY SAID NO ENEMIES!!

Yeah, that stuff pissed me off. I hated missions where I had to scan freaken cargo. After those, XWA really picked off and ended very well. Although, Rogue Squadron II's Endor battle is a bit better than XWA :)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-05-23, 9:02 PM #7
XWA's ending annoyed me because you spend the entire game from the point of ace azzameen or whatever his name was, and then randomly, without reason, at the end of the game you switch to play as lando for the battle of endor... there was like no closure or anything
Moo.
2005-05-23, 9:08 PM #8
I really enjoyed that game, especialy the last level. I have not played it in over a year.... hmmm..... maeybe i should bust my old joystick out... OH CRAP where is it!!!!!!:mad:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-23, 9:13 PM #9
What are the specs of that game? I should really look into it. I always wanted to get it when it was new but my computer then couldn't handle it. I've long since changed comps...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-23, 9:28 PM #10
It ran really well on the old family 733 Mhz, 16 MB video card box.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-23, 10:58 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
What are the specs of that game? I should really look into it. I always wanted to get it when it was new but my computer then couldn't handle it. I've long since changed comps...
I've still got a copy sitting around if someone wants it... send SASE
2005-05-24, 1:11 AM #12
how can I get tie fighter cd edition and XvT to work on my XP box?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-05-24, 1:26 PM #13
Does any one here remember the Royal Republic Navy clan? Maybe it was New Republic Navy, its been too long for me.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-24, 1:37 PM #14
I've been meaning to reinstall it and play it. I remember when I first got it, and how much I played it. Great game. I need to get a better joy stick though.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-24, 6:44 PM #15
I had fun playing it in the past.

↑ Up to the top!