Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The government has been wiping my memory.
The government has been wiping my memory.
2004-05-10, 2:49 AM #1
So I'm talking to a over IM, and he mentions in passing that he's looking at profiles on Yahoo Personals. Being bored, I thought maybe I'd have a look, too.
Well, I figured seems I've got a HotOrNot profile and a ninemsn Match.com profile, I might as well take one step further towards hell and make a Yahoo Personals profile.
Shortly after signing my soul over, I realized that I couldn't remember the Yahoo ID that I'd signed up! *gasp* Lucky for me, there's a lovely little "Forgot Your ID?" button. *whew* Damnation is at hand.
So I filled out the little form, and waited paitiently for the email that would reveal to me what ever it was I'd called myself way back in the day. However, what I was to be confronted with would shake the very foundations of space and time...

I had not only one ID, not even two, but five Yahoo ID's. My first thought, after I peeled my face off the wall was "What. The. Heck."

According to the email, I have signed up as the following names...
chrispowelljnr - definately my name [my real name], but I don't remember signing up with it..
ikibatsu - I don't even know what this word means, let alone remember creating an ID with it.
jackthirsby - ironically enough, this is the name of a character in a movie I saw a while ago [I forget the name..] about a company wiping the memories of its employees... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]
magma_jin - this is the name I use on DeviantArt. Why I signed it up on Yahoo I don't know nor remember.
psirhc_xiv - This one I [now] remember signing up, because I think I only did it a month or two ago.

So, yeah.. I thought that was kind of funny.
Share your amnesia stories, if you can remember them...

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-10, 3:25 AM #2
Was the movie "Paycheck?" Its funny that you have a character name from a movie about memory loss, and you cant remember signing up with that name. Coincidence? Or goverment cover up? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited May 10, 2004).]
2004-05-10, 4:11 AM #3
After a quick google on the name (which I'd in fact spelt wrong) I now recall that the name of the movie was "Cypher".

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-10, 4:14 AM #4
Alcohol also has the ability to cause rifts an anomalies in the space/time continuum, in which large gaps of time simply dissappear.
2004-05-10, 4:42 AM #5
It's a widely known fact that the Australian government routinely wipe our memories of everything John Howard said pre-2001, Yahoo IDs, and Steve Irwin.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-10, 10:44 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chuckles:
Alcohol also has the ability to cause rifts an anomalies in the space/time continuum, in which large gaps of time simply dissappear.</font>

ROFL

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-05-10, 10:54 AM #7
I just went to yahoo personals for kicks and I accidently said I'm a woman searching for a man, and I found two people who I know, both whom had been in the high school stage crew. One is a cool guy who shouldn't need to use internet personals to find a date and the other one is a major *** who has supposedly changed since I last saw him(so say people we both know). I laughed my *** off.

btw, doing internet personals seriously is a bad idea.
------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited May 10, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-10, 10:54 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chuckles:
Alcohol also has the ability to cause rifts an anomalies in the space/time continuum, in which large gaps of time simply dissappear.</font>

It's true. I know from personal experience [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-10, 11:00 AM #9
to much pr0n man, it warped your mind

------------------
Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
|\|\|\|\|\|
<kak> WHY DO THESE RETARDS CONTINUALLY TRY LINUX?
<kak> IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-05-10, 11:09 AM #10
OMG! I just did a "Man seeking a Woman" search, and I found my friends recent ex-girlfriend. It was interesting, so I clicked on the profile and it said "Sick of boys, looking for a man". Oh my god, I've never laughed so hard. I can't stop. Can't....breathe...

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-10, 11:35 AM #11
Internet personals are bad mmkay?

------------------
Our very existence is at stake
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-05-10, 11:45 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
OMG! I just did a "Man seeking a Woman" search, and I found my friends recent ex-girlfriend. It was interesting, so I clicked on the profile and it said "Sick of boys, looking for a man". Oh my god, I've never laughed so hard. I can't stop. Can't....breathe...

</font>

Haha, oh god, this girl is going to be scampering back to boys when she finds out what men do to little girls..

And also, this made me laugh, because it's so common it's ridiculous, =)

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!