Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any Scarface fans here?
Any Scarface fans here?
2004-05-10, 1:03 PM #1
I watched the movie again for the first time in a few years, and I loved it even more than the first time. The movie definitely conveys the glittery surface dressing of the 1980s culture, but also reveals the hopeless materialism and corruption that we come to remember that decade by.

My favourite scene has to be the chainsaw in the hotel room. I noticed the small RCA TV set in the scene right away because I have the exact same model tv set in my room, although I don't have a crappy wire antenna on it like in the movie. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] The silver screen bevel and the cheesy synthetic wood paneling caught my eye immediately b/c I see it every day.

I'll post a picture of my tv set later and you'll see what I mean. Taking screenshots from dvds is hard, so I'll post a screenshot of the set in the movie for comparison if i can.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 10, 2004).]
2004-05-10, 1:14 PM #2
When you **** with me, you **** with the best!

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-05-10, 1:14 PM #3
I saw that movie one day and I didn't see what was so great about it. But, to each his own.

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-05-10, 1:25 PM #4
"Say hello to might little friend!"

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-10, 6:13 PM #5
Great movie. Good to watch after playing Vice City, or vice versa.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-05-10, 6:15 PM #6
I don't think anyone cares about the television dude...

Anyways, yeah that movie is one of my favorite movies ever

------------------
My Life.
2004-05-10, 7:11 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I saw that movie one day and I didn't see what was so great about it. But, to each his own.

</font>

Tony had this great give-em-hell attitude (which is good) , but the downside to that was that he was a criminal lowlife and he kept on snorting all this really pure coke every day.....

I mean, he had several opened bags of coke on his desk at one point after he iced his sister's new husband.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 10, 2004).]
2004-05-10, 10:17 PM #8
So say goodnight to the bad-guy.

I can't decide if it's an intentionally over-the-top film about excess (and crappy interior-decoration), or if they actually think it should be taken seriously at face value.

Great manic performance by Pacino though. He's in fine form as his screamy acting persona. The soundtrack is synthly the best. Cute how the mansion in Vice City has basically the same layout with the split staircase (sans fountain) and the main office on top of it.

------------------
Lost in a flood, run red with your blood

I've just locked an open door. Strange, yet symbolically compelling!
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

↑ Up to the top!