Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I'm going to D.C...
So I'm going to D.C...
2005-06-06, 7:25 PM #1
Yup. My class is having a class-trip to Washington DC. Is there anything we should definately see while there? Also, If any massassians would happen to be at the same place at the same time I'd love to meet one of you...

...not that any of you even like me... or live anywhere close to DC...

I'll be there the 14th to the 19th, with a trip to NYC somewhere in there.
2005-06-06, 7:26 PM #2
Smithsonian.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-06-06, 7:29 PM #3
We're supposedly spending an entire day there. It should be most excellent.
2005-06-06, 7:31 PM #4
Make sure you don't do anything suspicious.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-06-06, 7:38 PM #5
[http://www.wwz.unibas.ch/wifor/zaeslin/photos/spring2002/gross%20Washington%20Monument%20gespiegelt.jpg]

I want to get my feet wet.
2005-06-06, 8:03 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
Smithsonian.

Word
Pissed Off?
2005-06-06, 8:03 PM #7
Haha. I live about 45 minutes away, I won't be able to come down though. Finals are 13-16th, and my parents probably wouldn't like the idea of me going to DC to meet a stranger on some school trip.. :p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-06-06, 8:04 PM #8
im in the nyc area... but im pretty sure im really busy those few days.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-06-06, 8:05 PM #9
Whe i went i rolled down every step of the jefferson and lincoln memorial. Some security guy came up to me after i finished and asked if i was hurt, he thought that was why i was rolling.

I had a smile on my face for a week:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-06-06, 8:41 PM #10
I'll SO have to try that.
2005-06-06, 8:44 PM #11
Oh, by the Washington Monument, be sure to tell me if there is a Jamaican guy (shirtless) sunning himself on the lawn. I've seen him, and I know about 4 people that have seen him. So, just tell me if he's still there.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-06-06, 9:00 PM #12
I'll keep an eye out for him.
2005-06-07, 12:34 PM #13
I don't live far (45 min -ish), but I'm busy right now, and when I'm not busy anymore, I'll be away on vacation.

Must See's: International Spy MuseumI hear is awesome, I personally like the Korean memorial but my teacher doesn't, Lincoln Memorial (Definitely, since then you can look across the water and see the washinton monument), Vietnam Memorial is always popular, if you like art, I'd see the national gallery, it's pretty awesome
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-06-07, 12:41 PM #14
I'm about 30 minutes away from D.C., and I've seen everything about three times. Just to be sure to check out the Smithsonian, and the Air & Space Museum.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-06-07, 12:59 PM #15
Dischord House!
former entrepreneur
2005-06-07, 3:23 PM #16
I live like 10 minutes from DC, and i've been there many times. Its a really really fun place to go and just hangout. Check out the museums first cause they are really cool the first time you go. Then check out the clubs if your staying for more than one night, cause they are really good. DC is a really really nice place to be. Have fun!
All your bacon are belong to me

< robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
< bawss> Right click.

http://www.bash.org/?462310
2005-06-07, 6:09 PM #17
wait-wait-wait-wait-wait...

You've been to the Dischord House? Is the overall DC-punk scene still top-notch?
Q and Not U is absolutely incredible...

(Your answers will effect me going to Washington DC in the near future!)
former entrepreneur
2005-06-07, 7:28 PM #18
My mom's dragging our family to DC sometime this summer. I was there once for a 6th grade field trip thing and another time for a church youth group prayer thing.

2005-06-07, 7:43 PM #19
Smithsonian is awesome, Air and Space museum is awesome, Spy Museum is kinda crappy, it's always packed and you never are able to do any of the cool stuff. National Art Gallery is awesome, the memorials are awesome, especially the Vietnam Memorial.

I live ~30 minutes away on a good day, ~1 hour, 30 minutes on a bad day (Traffic is usually wretched).
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-06-08, 5:43 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Eversor
wait-wait-wait-wait-wait...

You've been to the Dischord House? Is the overall DC-punk scene still top-notch?
Q and Not U is absolutely incredible...

(Your answers will effect me going to Washington DC in the near future!)

I myself haven't gone there, nor have i heard about that club. I'm not really into the punk scene myself, but i'm pretty sure that some of the clubs in DC are known for the punk. I'm more into the metal scene myself.
All your bacon are belong to me

< robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
< bawss> Right click.

http://www.bash.org/?462310
2005-06-08, 6:07 PM #21
I live about 45 minutes from D.C. It's a nice ride.

↑ Up to the top!