Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spiderman 2 (game)
Spiderman 2 (game)
2004-05-11, 2:34 PM #1
http://www.activision.com/microsite/spider-man/

Watch the trailer, it's pretty impressive. You can actually swing around on the streets this time.
2004-05-11, 3:11 PM #2
I've tended to stay away from games based on superhero movies. They've been a letdown in the past...

------------------
Our very existence is at stake

Yay! I can finally join the snail-racing crew.

-@
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-05-11, 3:12 PM #3
NEVER! The first Spiderman movie based game was awesome!!! And I can't wait to check this one out...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-05-11, 4:53 PM #4
Peh, the first one was alright. I like the sound of this one better though.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-05-11, 7:31 PM #5
I wish I could remember the name of the best spiderman game ever... I think it was called Absolute Carnage (named after the Spiderman villain). It was for Sega Genesis/SNES and was awesome.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-05-11, 8:38 PM #6
The first one was good, but not great. It still restricted your movement around the city too much. But this one looks much better. Much better.

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-11, 9:24 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I wish I could remember the name of the best spiderman game ever... I think it was called Absolute Carnage (named after the Spiderman villain). It was for Sega Genesis/SNES and was awesome.

</font>

I remeber that one. There was a PC version as well. It was pretty fun.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-11, 10:00 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:

</font>

i think i have that... and the first Spiderman movie game was pretty good...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-12, 2:30 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I wish I could remember the name of the best spiderman game ever... I think it was called Absolute Carnage (named after the Spiderman villain). It was for Sega Genesis/SNES and was awesome.</font>

All I remember are almost the legendary-esque images of carnage spawns on the cover. My favorite was the PC adventure game Sinister Six. With Chameleon! :]
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-05-12, 3:21 PM #10
Hrmm.. this game looks mighty interesting, I like the GTA type concept.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-12, 6:47 PM #11
The game you are refering to is called Maximum Carnage. Really great game, but Seperation Anxiety is better cause its two player( one as spiderman, other as Venom, who is cooler then Spiderman IMO)

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-05-13, 5:43 AM #12
Did I see Black Cat in that trailer or did my eyes deceive me?

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"
2004-05-13, 9:55 AM #13
I hated the controls for the first one. You had to reset the camera to third person every time after you swung to another building.

↑ Up to the top!